Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5402 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Tonight I'm trying another Mrs Leepers that my neighbor us, it's the chicken alfredo one. This is after I developed my own cookie recipe this morning and baked it up, I just keep finding stuff that I want to bake.

Also planning my Easter dessert menu since that gives me an excuse to bake more and so far I have carrot cake cookies, cranberry bread pudding and possibly some browned sugar candy.

#5403 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Rustic style chicken thighs, a tomato based Spanish tapas sort of dish, with rice, courtesy of Mr Mindwarp. Very nice.

Mould operations on hold till the morning. How exciting is my life?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5404 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Tacos tonight. So my husband stops in the store on the way home to grab my taco seasoning. Reports they don't have it. I panic. We end up in two stores before I find a Simply Organic one and settle for it so we can just eat. Looks like I'll have to buy my taco seasoning on the internet now. There is literally only one store that sells only one kind of taco seasoning I can even eat in this entire city of 9 grocery stores (assuming I didn't miss counting one) and 3 health food stores and I'm not even counting the Mexican and Asian markets. I had a complete meltdown in my Jeep over that too. Is it really too much to ask to be able to buy taco seasoning like a human freaking being when I get in the mood for a taco?!

On the bright side, we made horchata to go with our tacos and it is fantabulous! And that taco seasoning I got was edible. I wouldn't recommend it but it isn't bad, just not good either.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5405 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I poached brats in an apple cider et. al. poaching liquid then broiled
Warm German potato salad
Steamed broccoli
Fudge brownies
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5406 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

lol --- at mee-self..I was in a hurry and clicked on the first page of the thread -- saw Sylvia and was doing a happy dance -- doh -- was the first page...long time since I fooled myself with that maneuver.  Miss you S-Y-L-V-I-A!

Dinner tonight is PIZZA -- for my family and the band -- turns out half of them have been having tummy aches - except when they eat at our house --- hmmm - whatever could be the cause of their belly aches?  Anyway -- making two extra large quadruple meats and a couple medium vegies -- oh and a salad for me -- and them if I let them have some ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5407 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,544 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

hmm, SKI ...seems strange they feel better in gluten-free land, huh?? ...hmmm....1 + 1 =2

I gave SYLVIA a shout out. Maybe she will pop her head back in. She is still  on "here",  just not on "here". :D

I miss her sage words (and sharp humor)  too. 

SYLVIA--get yer butt back in the dinner crowd. 

YO ADDY!

You can make your own taco seasoning and store it in a jar for times when your fav one is unavailable. It's better, no additives, no worries. IMHO

I have  used this one with success:

http://allrecipes.co...co-seasoning-i/

Also, there is McCormick's Taco seasoning which comes in a giant container (but I think my friend gets that at BJs or Sam's or one of those clubs. She uses it in her gluten-free cafe)

Just a thought, sweets.

Last night, we had dinner on the beach with my friends while a band played. (loudly) So, it was a tri- tip steak salad while dancing. 

Dinner tonight:

Chicken thighs and something or other....can you tell I am being very lackadaisical? Tropical air makes you slow down and not give a flying fig, apparently..... It was 80 yesterday afternoon.

I LOVE IT HERE. IF it weren't for missing Bella the amazing kitty cat, I'd never go home. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5408 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

I used to eat a taco seasoning that has both soybeans and yeast something other in it. That is when I discovered Nueva Cocina. After trying it the first time I am so spoiled that I frankly have no interest in anything else. I never did like McCormick to be perfectly honest. http://www.nuevacoci...aco-Fresco.aspx That is what I use, or did until the only store that did carry it in this stupid city stopped. It is amazing how snobby I have gotten about my food and what I will and won't eat over the last year. I'm just going to have to order a bunch so I am better prepared in the future. I do appreciate the help! (I won't apologize for my food snobbiness though.)

Your weather sounds lovely. It snowed here Friday and yesterday, I was not thrilled. Mostly because I had to be out of the house both days, while it was snowing and I would have to clean off my Jeep of course. :lol: At least Utah weather means it all melts away quickly. We'll be back to spring allergies in no time.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5409 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,544 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

(I won't apologize for my food snobbiness though.)

You're preaching to the choir, kiddo. :lol:

One should never, ever apologize for food snobbiness. I "get it" and I bet LOVE2 is nodding her pretty head enthusiastically in total, unashamed and unapologetic agreement.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5410 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

lol --- at mee-self..I was in a hurry and clicked on the first page of the thread -- saw Sylvia and was doing a happy dance -- doh -- was the first page...long time since I fooled myself with that maneuver.  Miss you S-Y-L-V-I-A!

Dinner tonight is PIZZA -- four of them for my family and the band -- turns out half of them have been having tummy aches - except when they eat at our house --- hmmm - whatever could be the cause of their belly aches?  Anyway -- making two extra large quadruple meats and a couple medium vegies -- oh and a salad for me -- and them if I let them have some ;)

Aw, thanks, Ski!  I'm here...lurking.  Not in a springtime mood as they're predicting 4 to 8" of snow tonight/tomorrow.  Phil was wrong...winter will not end it seems.

I'm thinking of making pizza tonight, too.  Last time I had it was two weeks ago when my 14-year old granddaughter spent the weekend and she is becoming quite the pizza maker.  We also baked cupcakes and muffins.  I wish I had her metabolism!!!

I gave SYLVIA a shout out. Maybe she will pop her head back in. She is still  on "here",  just not on "here". :D

I miss her sage words (and sharp humor)  too. 

SYLVIA--get yer butt back in the dinner crowd. 

I LOVE IT HERE. IF it weren't for missing Bella the amazing kitty cat, I'd never go home. 

Dinners are not very exciting here although last night I had baked salmon, roasted asparagus and leftover mashed potatoes.

If I was in Florida, I don't think I'd ever come home.  

Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#5411 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yay...a happy dance first thing in the morning - Great to see you Sylvia! Sorry old Phil was wrong, wrong, wrong -- seems everyone is waiting for the snow to stop and the flowers to pop.

Celebratory dinner for Mom coming home...

Capon
Glazed Carrots
Curly Fries - potato for them, butternutsquash for me

Cranberry-Strawberry Charlotte Russe :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5412 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,544 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hooray for Mom coming home, Ski. :) Have a wonderful celebration! You're being creative again, I see:

Cranberry-Strawberry Charlotte Rousse?

Hooray for Sylvia dropping back in for dinner! (and we look forward to dinner at your place on our way home to NY!!)

Sylvia has graciously invited us to stay--and has already planned what we are having for  dinner   wine and dessert. :lol: so, who needs dinner?

Some folks in Ohio are suing Punxsutawnie Phil for his bogus early Spring prediction. 

http://www.thehollyw...arly-spring-pr/

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5413 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hey, Sylvia! Good to see you.  :)  :)

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5414 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Marinated steak (I just took a bunch of stuff out of my fridge and spice cabinet and threw it together), mashed potatoes, balsamic pan fried brussel sprouts and rosemary honey cornbread. I'm also making an egg free chocolate cinnamon cupcakes with a ganache topping. Fingers crossed they come out right, not using an established recipe, I'm just winging it.

#5415 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

I can smell the roast chicken......
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: