9580 replies to this topic

#5431 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well, we can never be accused of a lack of persistence, Addy, one day you will find your doc.

I am wondering if we can lure IHs doc to Florida to visit us all at the compound? Maybe he could also be a cabana boy.

I still don't really have a good one. At least I got a diagnosis of ncgi. He referred me to a dietitian for weight loss, but not nutritional info or testing. Without you guys I would still be a slug.

Thinking about getting my bike out (once it warms up. Thermals day today. We were having picnics on the beach last year.

Dinner. Hmmm. Maybe I should check the freezer...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5432 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi Dee Ho Dinner Thread Pals.

This evening I ask for prayers if you pray and really great thoughts of healing if that's what you do for my Mommy.  I am tired but here is what I posted on FB and it wraps it up...

Some of my friends know my Mom has been having a very tough year. Today we finally linked her catastrophic decline to a physical problem. To date - docs had been dismissing her decline to a mental problem. I hate that I have learned the dismissive nature of our current medical system first hand -- yet -- today I am thankful that I know how to accurately describe history, symptoms, multiple treatments and push for a better answer. Pray for my Mom - she has been thru hell - this tough little cookie will overcome.

ps...I never blame our doctors and nurses - they are intelligent, thoughtful and caring but are trapped in a system that is failing -- IMHO

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5433 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm glad you have an answer, and will send prayers and happy/healing thoughts. Hope things are otherwise well over there.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5434 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Sending prayers and loving thoughts to heal your mom.  Hang tough, both of you.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5435 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Sending prayers for your Mum, and hugs for you.

I hope you both find what you need.

I am with you on recognizing that no learning is wasted. I turned from being my own advocate to my son's in the healthcare system. Thank goodness I knew what I was doing 2nd time. You know what you need to do.

Love Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5436 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Love, prayers, well wishes, good vibes, fingers crossed....I am doing all of it. I know full well the "adventures" of advocating for a parent. <_<

My poor Dad--if I only knew back then what I know now. sigh

Take care of Lisa, too while you are being so strong for Mum. Hugs, kiddo.

Call me anytime . xxoo.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5437 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

hmmm...I guess I told a bit of a lie -- I do blame her primary that I asked repeatedly for a neuro consult back in Aug, Sept and Nov.

Have a great day everyone - off to bang a few doctors heads together ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5438 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

No one will blame you for blaming doctors a little bit. When you see a person more often then the doctor they are spending 5 minutes with, you just know things sometimes. I wish doctors would freaking learn to listen and not think that they can diagnose any disease in 10 seconds flat.

On a brighter note, I managed a quick and easy dinner to night of butter & garlic oven taters (nope, not done stuffing these in my husband yet), roasted asparagus and more Christmas George. I think we only have 1 or 2 jars left so at least we won't be overwhelmed with ham when we get done canning on Easter Monday.

Tomorrow I pick up (more) medical records and actual copies of my MRI and CT scan (not just reports), mail of my kids' Easter box of junk they don't need and drop off my Jeepy for inspection. Fun day. <_<

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5439 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Burgers tonight for dinner. I didn't make it to dropping my Jeepy off, I'll do that later. I just don't have the stamina today for a bus ride. I will though find the stamina to make arepas for the burgers. I also have a little asparagus left to use up and I suppose I'll let my husband have actual french fries tonight. All deep fried and bad for him.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5440 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Bacon Jam Glazed Ham

Rosemary Potatoes Dauphinoise

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Aioli

Bourbon Glazed Carrots

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5441 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Beef, onions, zucchini, potato.

Dull but functional. Turns out I was a bit optimistic on the parmesan, nice set of rashes on my cheeks and, ahem, other symptoms. Ho hum, if I don't try these things I will never know :)

Have a good Easter everyone. In good news here it is less likely to snow tomorrow.

Ski, still hanging in for you and Mom x

#5442 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Three-cheese lasagne to accompany the Valpolicella.

:)

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5443 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yay!!!

Pete in the dinner thread -- with a yummy Italian evening to boot :)

Dinner here is a very large meatloaf -- if I didn't use up too many bread heals with stuffing the other night -- otherwise I'll punt.

Mashed potatoes - sweet for me.

Peas for them - Asparagus for me.

Brownies -- and I am eating one!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5444 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's been a LONG time since we've had country fried steak. We dipped it in buttermilk then used Better batter to flour it and fried in coconut oil. We used to milk and corn starch and a little of the oil we fried the meat in to make gravy. It was SO GOOD! We also had green beans and mashed potatoes.  :D

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#5445 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

I've been completely out of stamina lately. Even knowing how much more important this week was, being Easter weekend, people being away for vacation, and how short on volunteers they would be, there was no way I could rally through the pain and fatigue this morning. The bright side is, when I went and picked up my stuff there were three beautiful zucchinis in there.

To keep dinner simple and leftover free I made sausage, scrambled eggs and zucchini cakes.

I have a million things to do and the stamina of a dead slug. On the bright side, I have my lemon curd in the fridge. Now I just need an angel food cake to go with it.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: