9530 replies to this topic

#5461 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Jeepers, Lisa, scary stuff!  Glad you made it through that little episode, and good luck with the exam.  I will have to make sure hubs is more diligent about his epi.  Since he underwent desensitization to bees he is a bit blase about the whole thing.  And then there was the raw fish episode in SF :huh: .

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5462 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Glad you're okay! Sounds super scary.

When I say my life is boring I also always say I like it that way. I will keep my boring life tyvm. I don't need that kind of excitement.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5463 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Completely agree...I like boring...bring it on - soon - please ;)

interesting aside....got a call from the ER nurse tonight to see how I was doing -- thinking maybe the ER doc instigated -- kinda cool -- I did have a lot of special attention the other night....warms this old heart that got dismissed by so many docs over the years.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5464 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

SKI!!

No scaring me while I'm traveling!!!  :o  Glad you're okay. xx

Our Easter dinner was great. Can't beat eating in a restaurant owned by a fellow celiac.  :D And her marble cheesecake--added another inch to my thighs. whoohoo!

Monday night in the hotel room in NC was sandwiches. No nearby restaurant offerings made me feel comfy at all.

But on Tuesday.PM...well, we had the best meal ever. We dined at a lovely place in Pennsylvania called "SYLVIA and MAGGIE's".

I was greeted at the door by a vivacious blonde who delivered loving licks and a wagging tail!!.

And the dog was very friendly, too!!! :lol:

Yes, I was fortunate to meet another c.com member (that makes 4) and she is a real doll. I felt as if we had known each other forever!! (of course, our 2 years of gabby emails probably helped with that)

It was YUM!!!!!

We had:

Appetizers and champagne

Standing rib roast and red wine and mushroom sauce

Baked spuds (and I had sour cream on mine--might as well Go for it, I thought)

Roasted asparagus

and Merlot

Dessert was homemade apple crisp and ice cream (but we gabbed so much we did not get to it--- so she sent some home with us, along with her banana nut muffins and homemade rolls with encore beef slices for our travel lunches) All fantastic!!!!

Wish we could have stayed longer. We had a blast!

The crisp is nearly gone. OINKsters are us.

Home now....sigh. It's too cold here dammit.....Can someone come unpack this stuff for me and put it all away??....and go through the junk  mail?? and make dinner tonight....and....waaaaa!! I wanna go back....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5465 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Ha ha ha (just as well you weren't trying to get into the wetsuit at the END of the vacation).

Welcome home buddy (I love coming home from hols now I live by the sea. Just sayin... :) )
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5466 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ha ha ha (just as well you weren't trying to get into the wetsuit at the END of the vacation).

Welcome home buddy (I love coming home from hols now I live by the sea. Just sayin... :) )

message received  ;)

and yes, no way that wetsuit would have come off, much less gone on....now, that would have been UGLY. :lol: and have caused quite a scene, possibly requiring a giant shoe horn....and some oil of some nature....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5467 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Let's see...no - "vacaation was great, but glad to be home"....that seals the deal pretty well -- the move is the right thing for you ;)

Still a bit tired here from my shenanigans on Easter -- getting what I need done, but it is warming up and I have the opposite problem -- can't tolerate the heat and pollen --- goodness - this has been a rough month 'round here -- me thinks we need a distraction ---

oh....just so i get all my complaints out -- my home mountain is closing on Sunday and I only got two ski days up there while dealing with Mom this winter -- this will be remedied next season -- going to be an adaptive ski coach at the USARC center up there :D -- guess I shouldn't have typed that out as last time I was feeling strong I was all set for my training week when I had the flare from hell.

Edited again to add - we finally had our Easter Dinner last night -- Honey Baked Ham was fantastic and it is the first time I haven't had a reaction to ham of late -- just glazed it about 20 times with a mixture of honey, butter and touch of ground cloves -- have to say the ground clove tasted much better and was easier than doing that stick the whole clove in the criss-cross dealio.  My dog ate the easter cake was making during the whole emergency system trial on Sunday so we had quadruple choc brownies and vanilla ice cream -- didn't hear any complaints about the change up :)

Tonight - simple chicken breasts with asparagus and butternut squash fries.

Edited by GottaSki, 04 April 2013 - 03:33 PM.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5468 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Better late than never with Easter dinner. Sounds yummy!

We're having a late lunch for dinner since my husband has a weird work schedule today. He is leaving around 2:30 and working an evening. My daughter's First Robotics competition is this weekend too, started yesterday. So as much as possible I am glued to a live stream to watch her matches.

So food today, frozen burgers thrown on the indoor grill because I can cook them between her close together matches this afternoon without missing anything while still feeding my husband before work. Whatever he eats or doesn't eat with it, meh, not my problem today. I've got a kid playing with robots to watch.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5469 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Better late than never with Easter dinner. Sounds yummy!

We're having a late lunch for dinner since my husband has a weird work schedule today. He is leaving around 2:30 and working an evening. My daughter's First Robotics competition is this weekend too, started yesterday. So as much as possible I am glued to a live stream to watch her matches.

So food today, frozen burgers thrown on the indoor grill because I can cook them between her close together matches this afternoon without missing anything while still feeding my husband before work. Whatever he eats or doesn't eat with it, meh, not my problem today. I've got a kid playing with robots to watch.

Hey Addie! We are at the Razorback Regional in Arkansas! In 2 nd place right now! Our mentor won the Woody Flowers award and Woody was here to present it!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5470 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

My baby is on team 3942, the Northark Pioneers. If you see them and it doesn't seem stalkerish... tell them that Heidi says hi. That is what she calls me anywho. She knows I'm watching.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5471 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well, kudos----you guys all have kids with brains!! and they will take good care of you when you are O-L-D because they will be rich.....

sooooo.....can old Auntie Irish come live with any of you if necessary? :lol:

I do not want to cook tonight (i am exhausted and my back hurts...waaa)

and the hubs has resumed golf league on Fridays (darn fools out there in breezy 50 degree weather) so it looks like

PIZZA.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5472 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

My oldest daughter's plan is to become a chemical engineer, save the world, get rich. I like her plan. I thought I was going to bring up this live stream and only watch my daughter's matches and that it would be dreadfully boring. I'm surprised by how much fun this whole robot thing actually is to watch. Not that I frankly care about any other robots but hers. :ph34r:

What is it with men and golf? The second that the snow is gone and there is anything resembling green out there, they're all out chasing their balls. It wouldn't matter if they practically needed to be bundled in winter coats, as long as there isn't snow on the grass.

Sounds like Florida suited you better. Maybe you need to make moving plans. I'll bet golfing is a year round sport down there anyway. :P

I managed a pot of mac & cheese with the burgers and now have a whole evening to myself. This feels really weird.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5473 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like Florida suited you better. Maybe you need to make moving plans. I'll bet golfing is a year round sport down there anyway. :P

I managed a pot of mac & cheese with the burgers and now have a whole evening to myself. This feels really weird.

welllll, funny you should mention it...........moving plans ARE being made  ;)

and an occasional  "whole evening to yourself."..is a wonderful thing. Enjoy!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5474 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Grumpy Girl checking in -- I'll be having freshly made almond butter with huckleberry honey on top -- tomorrow is another day ;)

PS>>>way to go Robotics - both ladies and gents alike!!!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5475 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I guess my husband has decided he wants something resembling a "real" dinner tonight since getting home. I'll crack open a holiday jar of George, roast some taters and veggies and keep it easy. I have an early morning tomorrow. Veggies at 6 and first match at 8ish. I have to admit, I'm kinda jealous that you're there.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: