This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

Nothing looked good and neither of us felt like cooking. My husband was all "I feel like pizza." I was all "I feel like In N Out." So out we went! I always skip the soda and get a neapolitan shake with my meal, then I don't have to decide on a flavor.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

SMRI Collaborator

I have some corn tortillas to use up so I'm going to warm up the rest of the fajita meat in the fridge and do those for dinner.  It's a gloomy, rainy day so not in the mood to cook.

BlessedMommy Rising Star
GF Lover Rising Star

Still eating left overs.  Spaghetti and the Chebe gut bombs,  Chicken Loaf and Turkey Breast.  Too many options so maybe skip dinner  <_<

notme Experienced

I have gone through the same thing with my husband.  I finally realized that all the stuff I read is going to my eyes only, and about 8 months after diagnosis I finally was like oh yeah, I need to teach him!  One day he brought home banana pudding ice cream that has cookies in it.... used to be my favorite.   I told him he better eat the whole thing before I cry, haha.  But he has been pretty good, it is good to focus on when they get it right, too.  Unfortunately you can't sugar coat "No that has flour in it."... haha! ^_^

Bunnies are so cute, but they make my throat swell.  Cuddle one for me!

yah, in the beginning, it was a hard lesson.  we fought a little because it only takes one second to cc the whole meal (we don't have 'arguments' so when i am harsh, he hates it)  stuff like toasting the buns on the gluten-free grill, double dipping spoons, and the story he likes to tell:  "remember the time when i just walked in the door from hunting and i was so excited that i got a deer, i ripped off a big piece of french bread and dipped it right into the humongous pot of marinara sauce that she had been cooking all day......"  i told him:  congratulations.  i'm glad you like italian.........  lolz :)  otherwise, leaping across the kitchen and grabbing utensils out of his hands was just normal behavior for a minute!

shyeah, y'all have fun with your 'poop factories' i just got rid of 3 (and 3 people W00T!) and thinking of putting a sign on all the entry doors:  NO ANIMALS ALLOWED.  PERIOD.  if i touch animal feces again in my lifetime it will be too soon.  daughter took all her stupid pets to her new home, where they can poop in her house all day and all night.  in fact, i hope they do ;)  because that's the kind of b!tc# i am :D

but if i put a sign up, i'll probably get carried away and nobody will be allowed in........   <_<  ^_^

GottaSki Mentor

Lmao...you can have that sign and if you get carted off, I will come find you....without my animals in tow ;)

Turns out without antihistamines in my system I too am allergic to the fuzzy little poop factories...probably good...dogs travel better and I have great ambition to travel once I get these silly mast cell symptoms whipped into submission! Oh I have an app that can help with that...time for a little 'Big Bang' sound effects inserted here :D

Dinner is gonna be:

Baked Crunchy Fish Fillets dipped in a sriacha chip dip I found at the clearance grocery store

Bag of frozen sweet potato fries wrapped in bacon and rolled in brown sugar and chili

Something green

notme Experienced

Lmao...you can have that sign and if you get carted off, I will come find you....without my animals in tow ;)

Turns out without antihistamines in my system I too am allergic to the fuzzy little poop factories...probably good...dogs travel better and I have great ambition to travel once I get these silly mast cell symptoms whipped into submission! Oh I have an app that can help with that...time for a little 'Big Bang' sound effects inserted here :D

Dinner is gonna be:

Baked Crunchy Fish Fillets dipped in a sriacha chip dip I found at the clearance grocery store

Bag of frozen sweet potato fries wrapped in bacon and rolled in brown sugar and chili

Something green

BIG BANG WHIP IS AWESOME!!  :D  i'll help you whip 'em  ;)   if you come and get me!  

i think everybody should be proud of me, being as i own guns and no animals were shot.  

dinner tonight is probably just going to be alcohol.  with a side of alcohol.  and alcohol sauce.  

guess what's for dessert??!!   :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

I was digging around in the deep freeze out in the garage earlier this week and finally was fed up with the fact that we had another George out there that just keeps getting in the way of me seeing what's out there. So I settled the problem the only sensible way, George thawed in my fridge and I'll cook him for supper tonight. I've got beans ready to pick in the garden and some potatoes to mash to put gravy on. And I won't have to make supper tomorrow or maybe even Sunday which is an awesome bonus.

GottaSki Mentor

Yay for bonus George!

Not sure what's for dinner...some meat on the Q with pasta of some sort and something green, perhaps orange.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :wub:

Had to jump on the laptop to edit in loverboy...local news on in the background is disturbing...naval ship deployments are a regular occurrence on our newscasts....the deployment of FIVE at once is not a normal occurrence :wacko:

Edited by GottaSki
SMRI Collaborator

Yay for bonus George!

Not sure what's for dinner...some meat on the Q with pasta of some sort and something green, perhaps orange.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :wub:

Had to jump on the laptop to edit in loverboy...local news on in the background is disturbing...naval ship deployments are a regular occurrence on our newscasts....the deployment of FIVE at once is not a normal occurrence :wacko:

Yikes....where are the ships going?

GottaSki Mentor

Orders are currently Pacific Marine Security with possibly re-route.

SMRI Collaborator

Orders are currently Pacific Marine Security with possibly re-route.

Are you in the San Diego area ?

mommida Enthusiast

Rabbit breeds are constantly evolving.  The Mini Lop was smaller than the French Lop, so it was named mini lop.  The Holland Lop was developed after the Mini Lop.  Actually working in a dwarf gene.  (breeding the Holland Lop is challenging ~ 2 dwarf genes and the baby usually dies, 2 "normal" genes and the baby/kit usually dies during birth as it is too large to deliver in the right amount of time)  A Holland Lop weight needs to be under 4 pounds according to the breed standard.

Timothy hay is the safest hay to go with.  I do suggest some fresh veggies -just keep the calcium levels low.  Rabbits can be prone to kidney stones.  They need to break down the back molar teeth from chewing.

5 ships going out at the same time?  Yikes!  Reminds when I lived under special reserve air space.  Definitely knew when trouble was brewing. :huh:

GottaSki Mentor

Are you in the San Diego area ?

Yep...since 1965 ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Rabbit breeds are constantly evolving.  The Mini Lop was smaller than the French Lop, so it was named mini lop.  The Holland Lop was developed after the Mini Lop.  Actually working in a dwarf gene.  (breeding the Holland Lop is challenging ~ 2 dwarf genes and the baby usually dies, 2 "normal" genes and the baby/kit usually dies during birth as it is too large to deliver in the right amount of time)  A Holland Lop weight needs to be under 4 pounds according to the breed standard.

Timothy hay is the safest hay to go with.  I do suggest some fresh veggies -just keep the calcium levels low.  Rabbits can be prone to kidney stones.  They need to break down the back molar teeth from chewing.

5 ships going out at the same time?  Yikes!  Reminds when I lived under special reserve air space.  Definitely knew when trouble was brewing. :huh:

I didn't pass the cuddling without my daily antihistamines :(

Although a beautiful, smart little sandy terrier may join our family :)

Adalaide Mentor

Tonight is breakfast for supper. I'll slice off some ham, make eggs, hashbrowns and if I get ambitious there will be pancakes. If not, we'll be satisfied without.

I finally managed to find a pair of Rainbow Dash gala dress sandals today, and on sale for $5! Now I have my shoes for my dress and I just have to make my dress for comic con in the spring. I'm disappointed I didn't get it done for the fall but I'm so excited about my shoes I almost bounced out of the store. :D I've got a second retail store interested in my heating pads to sell in their local stores and I'm applying this weekend to the local craft vendor store too. Life really couldn't be any better unless the tomatoes in my garden started to get ripe. Apparently that's an issue this summer for some people around here and not just me. At least I'm not alone and I know I didn't screw up.

Hope the dog things works out. Dogs are loads of fun and I wish I could have one. :wub:

GottaSki Mentor

I'm grumpy...no real reason just in a foul mood. Tomorrow will be better.

Dinner is Baked Chicken with Parmesan Garlic Pasta and Broccoli

Almost forgot....Welcome Home Irish and hubs!!!

Adalaide Mentor
GottaSki Mentor

a561574a681ed95959c0ab3287ce6831.webp

Yep...thanks for the giggle :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Yep...thanks for the giggle :)

sure cure for the grumpies? adopt a cute dog.

LauraTX Rising Star

Oh man, I love grumpy cat.  If I had a professional ninja to hire, I would send him to catnap her!!!!

Today we were out and about to pick up a few things so we stopped at in n out for lunch, and I brought my own bun.  Yummmmmm!  For dinner I am about to make grilled chicken and some veggies.  Tomorrow for lunch we are going to grill out steaks, and do some chicken on the grill to have for dinner.  It's a meat weekend!

SMRI Collaborator

Yesterday was interesting.....traveling, stopped to visit the in-laws...they decided that we would go out for lunch because she didn't know what I could eat...ok...restaurant not gluten-free or really gluten friendly. Ended up with a plain salad, no dressing because the waitress didn't know what was in the dressings and a steak that probably was ok. Then off to a wedding..caterer said meal was gluten-free, and had a clue..has ice cream instead of cake for us, so probably ok there. Then my one son FINALLY emailed me his labs....they didn't run the right tests....just a bunch of tests for food allergies ....lovely...I'm going to have to have him call and give them permission to talk to me so I can tell them what he needs...he's away in college. He's near Chicago and I didn't think to have him go to the u of Chicago for testing.

IrishHeart Veteran

SMRI

Ask for oil and vinegar next time for your salad.  :) No need to eat it dry.

SMRI Collaborator

SMRI

Ask for oil and vinegar next time for your salad.  :) No need to eat it dry.

I suppose...she "thought" their thousand island was gluten-free...they had an Italian but no oil and vinegar option....small mom and pop place....great food...they have an amazing soup that I LOVE....but can't have any more.....hubs was getting a little perturbed ......we need to start celiac classes for him.....

GottaSki Mentor

I suppose...she "thought" their thousand island was gluten-free...they had an Italian but no oil and vinegar option....small mom and pop place....great food...they have an amazing soup that I LOVE....but can't have any more.....hubs was getting a little perturbed ......we need to start celiac classes for him.....

Family are entitled to adjustment frustrations just as we are. My hubs is very supportive...doesn't mean he instantly said let's make our house gluten-free.....although he was the one to suggest it eventually.

As for dressing...there are individual packages at some fast food places...I used to ask for two or three when we ordered baked potatoes and chili at Wendy's on road trips. That way when I hit a real restaurant that I wasn't certain of their gluten-free dressings I'd use one from my purse.