9581 replies to this topic

#5476 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

I have no idea what all this robotics is, but I think my son would love it.

Good luck to all of you with kids involved :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5477 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Good Morning Dinner Peeps!

Yes, I am back and feeling great this morning -- this week really was tough -- still have no idea what caused the anaphylactic crisis -- part of me suspects a combo of environmental and food -- was the freshly baked chicken to blame? tossed the left overs just in case.  Was the extremely high pollen count last Sunday or the heat in my kitchen while baking to blame?  maybe.  The 20 minutes I spent in the direct sun without hat while planting some herbs?  Or perhaps the mass number of gluten eaters attending son's "house show" the day before contaminated our home a bit?  don't know -- fed the masses fresh popcorn and other gluten-free treats, but one never knows...house has been scrubbed from top to bottom including all door knobs - just in case.

Feel like celebrating today -- so something sinful for desert for my men -- youngest comes home today from visiting my oldest and her kids for the past four days -- miss him a lot and will be glad to see his smiling face :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5478 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Glad to see you are feeling better. :) One of the worst things in the world for me is not knowing something, so I'd be pretty close to criminally insane by now if I were in your place.

Got some beautiful lettuce this morning. I popped a chicken breast in some balsamic vinaigrette to do something like get delicious. I'll throw that on my indoor grill and make some apple walnut salads for dinner. I have one fuji left from last week that will be perfect for salads.

I'm also going to throw together an apple crisp with my green apples and something resembling macintosh maybe. Not sure really, but they're little and red and I'm sure they'll be fine with the tarts. Since that isn't enough to fit my Grammy's rule of 3 types of apples I'll probably throw in a pear for good measure. There are some rules of life you don't break, and Grammy's rules (especially baking rules) are on the top of that list.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5479 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Glad to see you are feeling better. :) One of the worst things in the world for me is not knowing something, so I'd be pretty close to criminally insane by now if I were in your place.

Got some beautiful lettuce this morning. I popped a chicken breast in some balsamic vinaigrette to do something like get delicious. I'll throw that on my indoor grill and make some apple walnut salads for dinner. I have one fuji left from last week that will be perfect for salads.

I'm also going to throw together an apple crisp with my green apples and something resembling macintosh maybe. Not sure really, but they're little and red and I'm sure they'll be fine with the tarts. Since that isn't enough to fit my Grammy's rule of 3 types of apples I'll probably throw in a pear for good measure. There are some rules of life you don't break, and Grammy's rules (especially baking rules) are on the top of that list.

If that crisp comes out good, post the recipe :lol:

Mac and cheese.... Its been a while since i've had it.

#5480 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I don't know what is wrong tonight. I'm not contaminated or anything, but I am having the worst stomach pains. I had a little earlier, but it went away and I thought nothing more of it. Then tonight when I dragged my husband out for shopping it came back. With a vengeance no less.

So, the apple crisp is on hold until tomorrow. Hoping this passes by morning and my stomach gets a hold of itself and knocks this crap off. I can handle all the intestinal nonsense in the world, but stomach pain? I'm such a baby. :ph34r:

ETA: For the record, I'll just use the recipe out of my Betty Crocker cook book and use a different flour. I am fine with oats and I wouldn't call it an apple crisp without them.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5481 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey Addie...hoping your tummy is all better in the morning -- if not hope it is a very short lived little bug.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5482 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hubs cooked dinner last night. He made a mushroom gravy with shallots to smother the swedish meatballs and we were both at a loss as to the sweetness of the gravy.  I accused him of using powdered sugar by mistake to thicken it but he claimed not.  I had recently introduced him to the cannned condensed milk I keep in the pantry for run-out-of-milk emergencies (along with the boxes which had all been used up :rolleyes: ) and was unaware he had used that since we had milk in the fridge.  However today, I opened the refrigerator and there was an opened can of SWEETENED condensed milk :lol: -- sweet gravy explained!!  It was not overly sweet wine or overly ripe shallots or any of a hundred other explanations proffered :P :lol:  It was an interesting touch to a savoury meal.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5483 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Interesting indeed...sweet story...sweet meal and sweet hubs,

Mine made me my fave.....cauli fried rice :D

Gotta love a really great partner in crime and fun!

PS...and yep - those of us that have lived the "in sickness" part of the vows and fulfilled them...really do have a lot more fun -- nuf said ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5484 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Gotta love a really great partner in crime and fun!

PS...and yep - those of us that have lived the "in sickness" part of the vows and fulfilled them...really do have a lot more fun -- nuf said ;)

And you always know for sure who your best friend is. :)

Nothing says love like someone holding your hair back while you hurl.

Dinner tonight:

Corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, carrots and turnips

(it's not just for St. Paddy's in our house) and while it simmers, we'll continue our house cleaning.

Got through the 5 weeks of mail. they held for us. Very interesting the volume of trash we get.

85% catalogs,fliers and coupons--went right into the recycle bin.

10% statements or receipts (which I already get on email and told them to stop wasting paper)

One thank you note (yer velcome!)

One invitation to a bridal shower (Missed it and what a shame--not--I loathe those things)

One new baby pic (awww adorable! My Godchild has a kid now. Crap, I'm old)

One envelope with funnies and an article on a celiac  vaccine they are working on from my Mom (she's old school--no computer and we saw that article 3 weeks ago)

and one "save the date" for a wedding in DEC.(really, who plans that far ahead?) 

We just eloped.

Mail isn't fun anymore. The last fun thing I got in the mail were my pink bike streamers from SKI. :wub:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5485 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

Well, just got back from a shopping trip. Managed to get to a bathroom for 1st round of D, in the car for 1st V. Very focused yoga breathing for 40 min journey home ( last time I had to do that was in a small airplane on a windy day, over the grand canyon. Mr Mindwarp was not so lucky that time). Finished the job at home. Rest now, narrowing possible culprits later :( :)

PS hello everyone x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5486 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Well, just got back from a shopping trip. Managed to get to a bathroom for 1st round of D, in the car for 1st V. Very focused yoga breathing for 40 min journey home ( last time I had to do that was in a small airplane on a windy day, over the grand canyon. Mr Mindwarp was not so lucky that time). Finished the job at home. Rest now, narrowing possible culprits later :( :)

PS hello everyone x

Poor babe! Nothing like trying to keep things in check while in public. Sorry. Get some rest.

If it makes you feel any better to have a buddy in distress, I have not felt well for 4 days.

Many potty trips and on Thursday, I had to find one QUICKLY in a grocery store. That hasn't happened to me in a year.

Not a glutening, no way. no how. Methinks I overdid the "fun foods" and the wine.

Or I've got some type of gastroenteritis.

meh, we could speculate endlessly, I guess.

I've doubled the probiotics and I am back on the short food list.

What the heck is going on with all the dinner chat peeps? :blink:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5487 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Rest is right!!!

feel better soon :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5488 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm not going to spend all my time speculating on what happened to my stomach. I will simply curse it until it knocks off this stupid crap. I feel "better" this morning, but that is simply relative. I think I feel better enough to be making apple crisp though. Those apples aren't going to use themselves up.

Everybody needs to feel better.

Dinner tonight will be easy. My husband was dying for some kielbasa I can't have cause of the MSG, I told him just to get it and I would make it for him. I will have mac & cheese and a burger and asparagus. Hah! I win.

Oh, and on the old front, my daughter will be graduating from high school in a month. A month! How did 18 years just happen that fast? I'm pretty sure they took a hell of a lot longer when I was in school. One more to kid to keep on the college path for a year and then they're both all grown up.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5489 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Left over mac and cheese with asparagus...

I omitted the butter last night, reduced the amount of milk, a touch of corn starch, and kept the amount of cheese the same. It came out cheesier than before. That's a keeper.

#5490 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Our youngest turns 18 this month and graduates HS in june and - NO - it can't possibly be true - me thinks our calenndar is broke ;)

Hoping my sister makes it to Sunday dinner so we are having nothiing green - well I am as id starve without that color of food.

Pork Chops and baked apples or maybe dessert should be something like apple crisp - great idea. Macaroni and Cheese - oh and for that yooungest kid - he gets his own mini honey baked ham as he was traveling when we had Easter 2.0 last week.

Edited to add:

Apple Crisp in the oven which got me two rather nice hugs from my sons -- thanks Addie :) -- also happens to sneak something green into Sissy ;)

Also think we'll switch to scalloped potato as that never got made last Sunday. 

Edited by GottaSki, 07 April 2013 - 02:55 PM.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: