#5506 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Good Morning!

Re-building the above ground pool today (we have a tiered back yard that hides the sides -- so I put in the above ground pool when the kids were little until we built the real pool -- well life and illness stopped plans for all our major home improvement projects -- kinda glad now as retirement grows closer I don't think we'll be home much and would have to keep a pool service on contract -- anyway the liner needed replacing awhile back- so we emptied and removed the old liner - it has been sitting growing some monster weeds for a couple years.  Boys cleared the weeds and dug a bit deeper so we go from 4' deep to ~5' in the center - nicer new liner and salt water system -- YAY no more chemicals!  Perfect timing as it is cloudy and 65 today for me to work outside with a predicted 81 tomorrow to warm up the water nicely.

Chicken Tacos for the men

Chicken, Asparagus and Baked Garlic for me

They finished of the apple crisp last night so I may make a tray of brownies in gratitude to my diggers :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5507 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

81F?  Sigh... We've got more snow predicted for this week.  It's about -10C right now. :rolleyes: My crocuses are just starting to come up! LOL

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5508 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

81F?  Sigh... We've got more snow predicted for this week.  It's about -10C right now. :rolleyes: My crocuses are just starting to come up! LOL

and we have 60-70 mph winds here with snow. :ph34r:  Yesterday was nearly 70F and now we aren't even expected to reach 20F.

#5509 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Last week was perfect weather. Yesterday was chilly, with rain all day and just ick. We've got snow falling in the mountains and it I know there is a wind advisory. I haven't been out or even upstairs yet today to look out at what it looks like out there. The weather report says snow, rain and 42 today. EW! I have plans to get the last of my medical records this afternoon. I don't want to be out in that. Oh well, I guess it is what it is and this is what I signed up for by moving to Utah. Not exactly weather where I want to be thinking about things like pools. :ph34r:

My face still hurts this morning. If it keeps up like this through the day I'll repeat dinner again. Last night I did a can of turkey, made gravy and put it on mashed potatoes. I made fries for my hubby because I have some russet potatoes which make awful oven taters but good fries, and those are the only two ways he'll eat taters. So I guess tonight I'll do a can of beef. It doesn't hurt so much as it did yesterday, but enough that I don't want to be chewing anything.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5510 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Last week was perfect weather. Yesterday was chilly, with rain all day and just ick. We've got snow falling in the mountains and it I know there is a wind advisory. I haven't been out or even upstairs yet today to look out at what it looks like out there. The weather report says snow, rain and 42 today. EW! I have plans to get the last of my medical records this afternoon. I don't want to be out in that. Oh well, I guess it is what it is and this is what I signed up for by moving to Utah. Not exactly weather where I want to be thinking about things like pools. :ph34r:

My face still hurts this morning. If it keeps up like this through the day I'll repeat dinner again. Last night I did a can of turkey, made gravy and put it on mashed potatoes. I made fries for my hubby because I have some russet potatoes which make awful oven taters but good fries, and those are the only two ways he'll eat taters. So I guess tonight I'll do a can of beef. It doesn't hurt so much as it did yesterday, but enough that I don't want to be chewing anything.

Thats no fun. I remember my days with braces and the like. It took days before i could eat anything solid :(

#5511 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Pool  on hold -- motor died in storage -- and since I'm waiting a few days for amazon to send me a new one -- thinking the men are going to have to expand the small deck so there is more space to hang out with our feet dangling in.  Now....I think something more fancy than brownies may help my idea move along -- what to make?  I know it will not be a Charlotte Russe - although I did purchase a nice new mesh strainer for $4 after the melt down when I found it missing -- this one is fancy with a nice handle and hooks to rest perfectly on pan or bowl -- God I am easy to please - well sometimes ;)

Addie -- make lots of soft stuff -- I HATE dental issues and have had my fare share do to crappy gums from malablsorption -- love my dentist for noticing I now mysteriously have healthy gums with much smaller margins -- hmmmm -- what could have remedied this mysterious gum issue :rolleyes:

Hope Spring springs North and East of me for you all very soon -- thought we killed my asian pear tree (4 types of pear grafted on one wonderful tree) last summer when nothing got watered during my amoeba impression stage  :ph34r:  -- I've been soaking the poor thing every other day for a month in hopes it will come back -- it was just planted December 2011.  This morning it has eight flowers on it -- hip hip hooray!!!!

Stay warm everyone and if you are lucky enough (perspective) to still have snow - go throw a snowball or two for me please :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5512 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

We did cauliflower fritters today.

I wish I could post a picture, they look yummy and they are good for you too!

I'm not gluten intolerant, but my wife is. I joined this blog because I do all the cooking at home and need to be educated so I don't hurt my family.
I'm always looking for recipe ideas and ways to cook and eat healthy. And while I'm not on a tight budget, I have been finding gluten free grocery shopping quite expensive, so all ideas are welcome!

#5513 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'd settle for a recipe for those fritters :)

And maybe one for Mr Ski's caulirice? :) :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5514 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Mindwarp,

Cauliflower Fritters

Ingredients

1 medium cauliflower (riced)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili flakes (Omit if you don't like spice)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped parsley (You can also use 1 tsp dill)
3 oz (about 1/2 cup) mozzarella, in small cubes
1 oz (2 tbsp) grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs (beaten)
1/3rd cup flour (I use a mixture of almond flour and a gluten free flower mix)
1/4 cup oil for frying

Method:
1. Prepare riced califlower by microwaving cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. To do this cut the cauliflower into florets, pop into bowl, cover in clingfilm and microwave for 5 minutes on high. Use potato masher to mash the cauliflower until it resembles rice.

Add salt, pepper, chili flakes (if using), chopped parsley (or dill), cubed mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
3. Add flour and stir again and then finally stir in the beaten eggs.
4. The mixture should resemble a thick batter now.
5. Heat oil in a shallow pan and pan fry spoonfulls of batter for 2-3 minutes on each side

I'm not gluten intolerant, but my wife is. I joined this blog because I do all the cooking at home and need to be educated so I don't hurt my family.
I'm always looking for recipe ideas and ways to cook and eat healthy. And while I'm not on a tight budget, I have been finding gluten free grocery shopping quite expensive, so all ideas are welcome!

#5515 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yum...and why can't you put a picture here?  you can't post a link to a personal blog -- but we post pics of yummy things here on occasion -- just not daily.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5516 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Left over pasta from last night.

#5517 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Didn't see any pictures, so assumed I couldn't. :-)

Here's a picture:

blogger-image--131134875.jpg

Enjoy!

Yum...and why can't you put a picture here?  you can't post a link to a personal blog -- but we post pics of yummy things here on occasion -- just not daily.

#5518 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

We post pictures all the time. :)

#5519 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Mmm, looks great, thanks.

Fingers crossed not too long till I get cheese back :)

Stir fry pork, mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, rice.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5520 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

I think I have an addiction. We had a late lunch with burgers, and I smothered mine in fried shrooms, onions and peppers with some cheese so I didn't even think about supper til late. By the time I was hungry all I wanted was mac & cheese. This is the danger in buying a 5 pound brick of cheese at Costco. I wasn't super hungry so all I had was the mac & cheese. :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: