9534 replies to this topic

#5551 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Party...did someone say party? Glad its online...kind of long day so I have a date with my comfy chair tonight...happy to hear notme's great news -- darn it - my kindle cant use my little cheerleaders - oh well.

Hip hip hooray for Notme! :)

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif here ya go, toots!.  

Seems she was just outside desperately searching for LOVE2TRAVEL and SORA .

Those poor girls are buried under tons of snow. I told them both, listen to me : "move SOUTH".

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5552 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,150 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif here ya go, toots!.  

Seems she was just outside desperately searching for LOVE2TRAVEL and SORA .
Those poor girls are buried under tons of snow. I told them both, listen to me : "move SOUTH".

When you are looking for your Florida place, maybe you should get some property or a triplex for a Celiac South Complex? We can get one in Colorado for summers and skiing. Heck- Colorado would be south for those two!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5553 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Two compounds -- stellar idea K!

I'll venture down to the Florida site for a visit in the winter months, but will hold down the Colorado fort most of the time.

Roll call....where is everyone????  And where will you be spending your time once we form our gluten-free compounds?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5554 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

We STILL have a solid three feet of snow in our yard, more elsewhere.  It just doesn't stop snowing!

Anyway...

Vanilla Bean Brined Bone-In Pork Chops with Cherry Gastrique

Creamy Herbed Grits

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Pumpkinseed Oil and Pepitas

White Wine Braised Fennel

Homemade Boule Bread

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5555 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Three feet!  When does Spring arrive there?

We are going out this evening!!! Housewarming for some young friends - I'll bring something for me and hubby is happy to have someone else cook for him.

Tomorrow will be creamy garlic enchiladas with the left over meat from the crock pot carnitas yesterday.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5556 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Three feet!  When does Spring arrive there?

We are going out this evening!!! Housewarming for some young friends - I'll bring something for me and hubby is happy to have someone else cook for him.

Tomorrow will be creamy garlic enchiladas with the left over meat from the crock pot carnitas yesterday.

Yes - at least three feet in our yard.  The snow is piled far over my head in many places (from shoveling driveways, etc.).  It is thigh high in the park and I am SICK AND TIRED OF IT.  This is later than normal.  Usually about now most of the snow is gone but we keep getting more and more.  It is in the forecast for tonight yet again.  BLECH!  :angry:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5557 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I love snow and all...but come on Spring!!!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5558 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

We STILL have a solid three feet of snow in our yard, more elsewhere.  It just doesn't stop snowing!

Anyway...

Creamy Herbed Grits

Homemade Boule Bread

Ooooohh, gives me shudders first thing in morning... hubs did shopping and cooked for me last night.  I cut into my pork chop and said "Are you sure this isn't brined pork?:  He said he was sure.  So I had a bite :unsure:  and said "Are you SURE?"  He goes to look at wrapping, starts reading INGREDIENTS!!  I say that pork shouldn't have INGREDIENTS!!  Yep, pork loaded with soy!! ooh, ooh, ooh.  Climb stairs as quick as my breath will let me searching for Lectin Lock :huh:  - feel okay this morning :D :D

Hope you shovel your way out from under all that snow.  Egads, it must melt sometime soon.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5559 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Oh -- how I love any sentence that begins..."Are you sure that....."

Really glad the lectin lock did it's job :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5560 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Oh -- how I love any sentence that begins..."Are you sure that....."

Really glad the lectin lock did it's job :)

It's not like we haven't had this conversation before!   :ph34r:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5561 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Tonight was leftover pork roast with some garlic taters. There were veggies to go with it for me, and some mac & cheese. Other than cutting up a tater and throwing it in the oven, dinner was 100% microwavable. It was that kind of day. The good news is that I'm still semi-vertical-ish. Tomorrow will be a better day.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5562 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Middle eastern inspired chicken cooked with Zaatar (a middle eastern spice mix), purple potato fries. Yummy!

blogger-image-1242296493.jpg

!

I know the plate is missing veggies, but we started off with a kale soup made with homemade chicken broth, so I can be forgiven!

I'm not gluten intolerant, but my wife is. I joined this blog because I do all the cooking at home and need to be educated so I don't hurt my family.
I'm always looking for recipe ideas and ways to cook and eat healthy. And while I'm not on a tight budget, I have been finding gluten free grocery shopping quite expensive, so all ideas are welcome!

#5563 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Wow you really can cook. The combination of Vanilla beans and Cherry with pork chops sounds yummy!

Anyway...

Creamy Herbed Grits

Homemade Boule Bread

I'm not gluten intolerant, but my wife is. I joined this blog because I do all the cooking at home and need to be educated so I don't hurt my family.
I'm always looking for recipe ideas and ways to cook and eat healthy. And while I'm not on a tight budget, I have been finding gluten free grocery shopping quite expensive, so all ideas are welcome!

#5564 alliesees

alliesees

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

We had chicken tenders dipped in egg and a little bit of almond milk first and then dipped in gluten free breadcrumbs and romano cheese.  Season with some salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder and sautee in olive oil and butter.  A favorite.  

#5565 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Wow you really can cook. The combination of Vanilla beans and Cherry with pork chops sounds yummy!

CP,  you're still new here, so you are just beginning to see what she can do.

Our Love2 ...oh, she does not just "cook", nay,......she weaves magic!

She makes a plate talk and say "thank you, thank you, thank you".

She makes people drool uncontrollably on their laptops. 

Legend has it that she once caused a mass migration of nomadic people to walk through 3 feet of snow, following the wispy curl of heavenly aromas right to her doorstep.

oh no, no no......She does not just "cook".

She's a culinary goddess and we are merely her "wannabees".

:lol:

Some of us have actually plotted to go up and kidnap her and make her the queen of our G F cult. so we can

live happily ever after, eating ourselves silly. It's just that none us really want to trudge through all that damn snow.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: