#5566 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Traveling for a lacrosse tournament -
Last night - ham & cheese & spinach on canyon bakehouse San Juan bread and black pepper potato chips in the seats. Later Pinot noir , dark choc and Parmesan crisps from WF.

Tonight - chicken taco salads while watching. A Go Picnic for lunch. Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs and strawberries. Snacks - chips, Carmel corn, grapes, hummus with pretzel sticks.

Thought it might help someone to see how to eat and travel. Didn't know this motel had microwaves and fridges or I might have done something different.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5567 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Traveling for a lacrosse tournament -
Last night - ham & cheese & spinach on canyon bakehouse San Juan bread and black pepper potato chips in the seats. Later Pinot noir , dark choc and Parmesan crisps from WF.

Tonight - chicken taco salads while watching. A Go Picnic for lunch. Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs and strawberries. Snacks - chips, Carmel corn, grapes, hummus with pretzel sticks.

Thought it might help someone to see how to eat and travel. Didn't know this motel had microwaves and fridges or I might have done something different.

Good stuff, K!! and good luck at the tournament! 

:)

I thought that the Udi's bread traveled surprisingly well for us last month. Did not get stale, I kept it in the fridge.

On the road is "do-able" now.

The Jif on -the- go cups, crunchmaster crackers, apples and celery sticks worked well.

Some Chobani cups and bananas for breakfast.

The Koolatron cooler in the car really helped (as did the fridge and micros in the motels). But if you find yourself stuck w/o those, it can still be done.

One hotel gave us a "welcome bag" in the room. It had bottled water, M and Ms , a granola bar and cheezits in it.

I ate the M and Ms. :) Hubs ate the granola bar (and we left the cheezits behind with a little thank you note to the manager).

When I review hotels on Trip Advisor, I keep saying the "free breakfasts" are great for traveling families, and I add nicely, but I cannot partake as I have Celiac, so I appreciate the fridges and the micros in the rooms so I can carry and store my own food..

Two managers wrote a reply" "we're hearing more about gluten free options and we're working on this".

That would be nice. Not sure they make small boxes of gluten-free Chex, however (J likes those!) ....LOL

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5568 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Some of us have actually plotted to go up and kidnap her and make her the queen of our G F cult. so we can

live happily ever after, eating ourselves silly. It's just that none us really want to trudge through all that damn snow.

I think she is actually onto our plot, which is the reason she lives up in all that snow. Mere self preservation. She'll leave as soon as the snow is gone, flying away like a little bird, out of our reach for the summer.

I have my beef macaroni, which I swear isn't a casserole in the fridge that I can have for dinner. I have no idea what my husband will eat. I suppose I'll figure something out. I just sort of did a fly by night thing with the "recipe" and everything turned out great. Next time though I think I'll put a bunch of vegetables in it since my husband won't eat it anyway. I had a zucchini in the house, not sure why I didn't just cut it up and add it other than not thinking of it at the time.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5569 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Lamb with sweet potato, broccoli and carrots, then dates and pistachios.

It's OK, I can sneak up from this side and round her up, she''ll never suspect that
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5570 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's OK, I can sneak up from this side and round her up, she''ll never suspect that

Perhaps you can kidnap her at the airport on the way back from Croatia??? (let her have her holiday first, she will need to rest up before cooking for this greedy bunch :D )

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5571 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Beef soup.

#5572 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Perhaps you can kidnap her at the airport on the way back from Croatia??? (let her have her holiday first, she will need to rest up before cooking for this greedy bunch :D )

Yes, of course, we should give the poor girl some SUNSHINE and restorative rest.

Going old school/retro tonight for dinner:

Meatloaf 

Baked potatoes

Swiss chard

Might have a bit of vanilla ice cream.

That's  a Sunday night thing in our house since I was a wee one.

It used to be a "Sundaes on Sunday" tradition  with my Daddy --we are a family of ice cream whackos and

fortunately, I married an ice cream lover , too ! we make our own sometimes--and it carried over to just a few years ago. Those can make one a tad chubby. :unsure:   and my thighs think I do not need a sundae right now.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5573 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I CAN HEAR YOU  ! ! ! ! !      ^_^ 

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5574 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

So, if I see a group of starved-looking greedy celiacs at the airport with ski masks and nylon stockings pulled tightly over their faces I will know what to expect.  Don't forget the black sedan getaway vehicle.  And don't forget to look inconspicious!  If not, I just might figure it out!  :lol:        :ph34r:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5575 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think she is actually onto our plot, which is the reason she lives up in all that snow. Mere self preservation. She'll leave as soon as the snow is gone, flying away like a little bird, out of our reach for the summer.

Someone finally picked up on that!  I was wondering when someone would figure it out.  Leave it to Addy.  :P

#5576 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I love Za'atar, Dukkah, etc.  Middle Eastern cooking is one of my favourites - I have tons of superb books and I do a lot of experimenting.  :)

Middle eastern inspired chicken cooked with Zaatar (a middle eastern spice mix), purple potato fries. Yummy!

blogger-image-1242296493.jpg

!

I know the plate is missing veggies, but we started off with a kale soup made with homemade chicken broth, so I can be forgiven!

#5577 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

CP,  you're still new here, so you are just beginning to see what she can do.

Our Love2 ...oh, she does not just "cook", nay,......she weaves magic!

She makes a plate talk and say "thank you, thank you, thank you".

She makes people drool uncontrollably on their laptops. 

Legend has it that she once caused a mass migration of nomadic people to walk through 3 feet of snow, following the wispy curl of heavenly aromas right to her doorstep.

oh no, no no......She does not just "cook".

She's a culinary goddess and we are merely her "wannabees".

:lol:

Some of us have actually plotted to go up and kidnap her and make her the queen of our G F cult. so we can

live happily ever after, eating ourselves silly. It's just that none us really want to trudge through all that damn snow.

Oh, Irish.  You are making me look so good!  But I DO love to cook and weave magic, my pretty.  :lol:  

#5578 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Soups on. Simple this time, salt, pepper, beef, and carrot. I might throw in some pasta.

I've been feeling kinda bloated so no cabbage this time :(

#5579 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I CAN HEAR YOU  ! ! ! ! !      ^_^ 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  we're not very stealthy, are we?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5580 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

So, if I see a group of starved-looking greedy celiacs at the airport with ski masks and nylon stockings pulled tightly over their faces I will know what to expect.  Don't forget the black sedan getaway vehicle.  And don't forget to look inconspicious!  If not, I just might figure it out!  :lol:        :ph34r:

:lol: yeah, but wouldn't it be funny if we actually COULD do this??  we'd all probably pee ourselves laughing so hard.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: