#5596 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

http://www.facebook....1&type=1&ref=nf

PS>>>then go find the @#$OI$#)@($#@()*$ - oh ya - better term - ass hats that perpetrated this act.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5597 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for that thought, dear Ski. True words. 

Good always triumphs evil. Always. 

This madness is just making me sick.... :unsure:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5598 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

This madness is just making me sick.... :unsure:

Me too. That morning in September 2001 altered our country irrevocably -- each act of terror - homegrown or not - well - we can't go back - but I sure do wish we lived in a world without acts of terror hanging just over the horizon.

I am going to hug those close to me and reach out to those whom I know that are living alone.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5599 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I was out today to buy pillows and dirt and heard on the radio on my way home. My immediate reaction was to say to my husband "what the f*** is wrong with people?" This was followed by a lot more colorful language about asshats in general. (Great word, I use it frequently.) I pray for a speedy recovery for everyone hurt, physically and otherwise today, and everyone impacted by what happened.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5600 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I made a MEATZA. Like pizza, but with seasoned ground beef instead of crust. Bake until cooked, drain off the grease, add toppings and cook until melty. Umm, yeah, nobody really liked this. You have to be a serious carnivore to eat MEATZA and enjoy it. My husband (carnivore) thought it was delicious on a bun -- like a strange hamburger -- but 3/5 of the house did not even want to taste it. Well, it was worth a try I guess.

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#5601 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have been tempted over and over to make a meatza. My husband and I are both carnivores and I think we would enjoy it.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5602 Cookingpapa

Cookingpapa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Foil wrapped chicken with fennel, red bell peppers.

Won't be home in time to cook tonight, so I guess wifey will get take out and I'll get a call at 6:30 to pick it up on my way home.

I'm not gluten intolerant, but my wife is. I joined this blog because I do all the cooking at home and need to be educated so I don't hurt my family.
I'm always looking for recipe ideas and ways to cook and eat healthy. And while I'm not on a tight budget, I have been finding gluten free grocery shopping quite expensive, so all ideas are welcome!

#5603 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Leftovers again.

I'd eat a meatza. :)

#5604 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'd do meatza -- lol -- mine would be almost all meat - no cheese, but would top with vegies and....more meat ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5605 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Burgers and microwave baked taters tonight. I had a side of sliced tomato. I just can't have a good day lately, I'm not sure what is up but I feel like I had a truck ram into my left side about a million times. If I do more than some light cooking and cleaning up after myself and some moseying around the house here and there I end up unable to walk again. Blargh, this has to let up soon I'm thinking. Tomorrow I'll find the energy for mac & cheese, I have my first dentist appointment for bridge work. :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5606 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

oh goodie, dental work is always such a  joy. I spent 2 years and about $ 12K correcting what celiac had done to my once beautiful teeth.

grumble grumble (I am having a grumble day today, don't mind me.....just walking through the kitchen in my jammies here.....any ice cream around??? hand me that spoon, Addy. Thank yew.)

Meatza sounds good to me. I'd be a good cave woman, methinks.

Grok's woman make meatza!! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5607 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Mushroom Risotto (dried chanterelles, porcini, wood mushrooms that were reconstituted with Sherry) with mushroom powder (I also pulverized dried porcinis in my spice grinder to make it extra mushroom-y) PLUS used mushroom stock

Juniper, Bay and Vanilla Poached Shrimp over Beet Coulis (with lemon juice, horseradish, etc.), scattered with baby arugula and sprinkled with toasted pine nuts

Steamed broccoli

That's about it.  ^_^

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5608 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Mushroom Risotto (dried chanterelles, porcini, wood mushrooms that were reconstituted with Sherry) with mushroom powder (I also pulverized dried porcinis in my spice grinder to make it extra mushroom-y) PLUS used mushroom stock

Juniper, Bay and Vanilla Poached Shrimp over Beet Coulis (with lemon juice, horseradish, etc.), scattered with baby arugula and sprinkled with toasted pine nuts

Steamed broccoli

That's about it.  ^_^

See this is how the plot started -- we are all turning into cave peeps and L2T passes thru with unbelievable food that smells absolutely mouthwatering....that's it I'm hooking up the dogsled ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5609 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

See this is how the plot started -- we are all turning into cave peeps and L2T passes thru with unbelievable food that smells absolutely mouthwatering....that's it I'm hooking up the dogsled ;)

And after a few thousand miles you will be able to ditch the wheels and the cooler/chillie bin/Eski (that's Yankee, Kiwi and Aussie multilinguality for you :ph34r: )

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5610 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

You can chase her into that frozen tundra. Me? I'll stay put where we have more than one season and enjoy my never ending mac & cheese.

As for my dental work.... ugh. I do have a good plan though that I got hooked up with while I worked as a tax preparer a few seasons ago. No pre-authorizations. No crap. The dentist bills, they pay. With my limit, plus what we can afford out of pocket every year, plus an additional amount my health insurance covers, I think I hit about $4K last year. I'll probably hit about $10K before I am done, not counting the insurance premiums (just the dental) which will bump us up around the $13-14 mark. Why aren't dentists educated about celiac?!? Anyone could have looked in my mouth and said "DAMN!! You have a serious medical issue."

You are more than welcome to some of my chocolate ice cream. There is nothing in the world like getting into ice cream in the dark in jammies. It feels so bad, and so good. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: