This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

You know I can't do soy sauce or soy flour, but that small amount of soy lecithin does not bother me and I thought the Gratify brand was very good.

Snyders's too. (J prefers those) 

Dinner tonight is looking like our old pal Chebe Pizza .....and a movie. Storms are rolling in....

Pretzels with white choc chips keep calling my name!

Dinner tonight is meatloaf and mashies along with something green.

Picked up a few supplies for a mini celebration...vodka, lemoncello and superfine sugar for the rims of martini glasses...no whining tonight :)

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GF Lover Rising Star

Had a wonder lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Kitchen staff was excellent as was the meal.  

Breaking out some Wine tonight also.  Plan to seriously relax.

IrishHeart Veteran

Pretzels with white choc chips keep calling my name!

Dinner tonight is meatloaf and mashies along with something green.

Picked up a few supplies for a mini celebration...vodka, lemoncello and superfine sugar for the rims of martini glasses...no whining tonight :)

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps!

If we weren't 1300 miles away, I'd be on your doorstep with my martini glass...right about......now..holy crappers this sounds yummers....(yeah, I can do some  math and I know it's 4:17 in Cali)  ^_^

GottaSki Mentor

If we weren't 1300 miles away, I'd be on your doorstep with my martini glass...right about......now..holy crappers this sounds yummers....(yeah, I can do some  math and I know it's 4:17 in Cali)  ^_^

But now it's 6:30pm...cheers!

GF Lover Rising Star

My Crock Pot Potato Soup is almost done and smells most wonderful  :D   

SMRI Collaborator

Annie's Mac and Cheese...not my favorite...but it's food...

GottaSki Mentor

Long few days, mom transferred from hospital to rehab...tomorrow is a new day.

Men in kitchen and at the Q...dropped a bag of steak and beer on the island on my way to yhe igloo...lol that sentance has a lot of shorthand...a little overtired but not froggy ;)

Annie's Mac and cheese is good in a pinch...I can't eat it but the men have...Sam mills makes a box for less money that is a tad better I'm told.

Oh...the men all have a friend over even hubs so I think I'll drink for awhile until the heat and humidity subside then toddle out of the cool room to forage steak, etc.

Both the puppies are in here with me :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraTX Rising Star

My Crock Pot Potato Soup is almost done and smells most wonderful  :D   

Recipe link?  Making up a grocery list for next week... LOL

Adalaide Mentor

I hope your mom gets feeling better. It's always difficult to see the people we love not feeling their best. :(

I had an incredible three days. My husband got sick by the end of Thursday night so he only went with me one day, but we had a great time together and he got an awesome souvenir. I got to see an organizer have Bruce Campbell help him propose to his girlfriend, John Barrowman (gayest, most incredible hour of my life), Eve Myles, at one point in a random best of Dr. Who panel both doctors who were attending just walked in on us. OMG! And I got to actually not only meet Patrick Warburton but he did a short video for me to send to my husband since he wasn't able to attend, and he hugged me. Finished off my weekend with an incredible Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog singalong which is always an amazing experience to get 900 people in a room doing that. I'm exhausted, in shoot myself pain, and still on such I high that it could be hours before I'm able to collapse into sleep. I think I'll hold over until the April event just fine. And.... by head count according the the fire marshal (we're waiting for official notice) we're the #1 comic con in the country after this event. BOOM! Utah geeks rule, I love my state!

Dinner? I think I still have one microwave meal left but I need to settle down before I can eat. I'm just way too hyper for food now, but in a few hours I'll get hungry.

love2travel Mentor

Another gorgeous, bright and hot day here in Croatia.  :)

Yesterday I made the following so today is encores:

Herb butter roast whole chicken (they actually look like chickens here with beautiful yellow skin and fat)

Roast potatoes (with the chicken fat, of course!  :wub: )

Cabbage slaw

Homemade sorghum bread I made yesterday with my blackberry jam

GF Lover Rising Star

My KFG (Crock Pot) is my go to for cooking anything decent  :lol: Hubs is a wiz with all the pots and pans and such.  He gets seriously excited when I attempt something new in the Crock because he knows I have one more meal that I can actually make for both of us  :D Of course, I swapped the soup for gluten-free.  It really did turn out great and made a large amount.  

Here is the recipe I used:

Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup

Ingredients: 
1 30oz. bag of frozen diced hash browns
1 32 oz box of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz, not fat free)
3 oz bacon bits 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
salt and pepper to taste 

Directions:
Put the potatoes in the crockpot. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. 
Cook on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are tender. 
An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving. 
Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve. 
Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.

-Was on FB page (couponing4you

Colleen

GottaSki Mentor

Another gorgeous, bright and hot day here in Croatia.  :)

Yesterday I made the following so today is encores:

Herb butter roast whole chicken (they actually look like chickens here with beautiful yellow skin and fat)

Roast potatoes (with the chicken fat, of course!  :wub: )

Cabbage slaw

Homemade sorghum bread I made yesterday with my blackberry jam

Just let me know when you run out of flours...I'll buy new clothes when I get there so I can haul more flour ;)

love2travel Mentor

Lisa, thanks for your willingness to sacrifice luggage space for me!  :P  Clothes shopping here and in Slovenia and Italy is very good...you and I are really going to enjoy ourselves.  :lol:  How big are your suitcases?  ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Just let me know when you run out of flours...I'll buy new clothes when I get there so I can haul more flour ;)

Lisa, thanks for your willingness to sacrifice luggage space for me!  :P  Clothes shopping here and in Slovenia and Italy is very good...you and I are really going to enjoy ourselves.  :lol:  How big are your suitcases?  ;)

Take me! take me!

I have a steamer trunk.

I don't need clothes. I'll wear yours.

love2travel Mentor

Irish, for some reason I am unable to reply to specific posts...strange.  No idea why but noticed it happening perhaps a week or two ago. 

But you simply MUST come, it is not optional.  Clothes are.  It is Europe, after all.  Speaking of which, do I have stories to tell!  But not on a food thread.  :lol:  Now all we have to do is finalize a date.  ^_^ 

IrishHeart Veteran

Irish, for some reason I am unable to reply to specific posts...strange.  No idea why but noticed it happening perhaps a week or two ago. 

But you simply MUST come, it is not optional.  Clothes are.  It is Europe, after all.  Speaking of which, do I have stories to tell!  But not on a food thread.  :lol:  Now all we have to do is finalize a date.  ^_^

I always love your email updates, so I look forward to new stories.  ^_^

I have to renew my passport and save up some cash. Building  a house has wiped me out. lol

Next year is looking like a distinct possibility. I know you'd take good care of any of us if we actually showed up....

and you'll love us even more if we bring supplies.  :D

GF Lover Rising Star

Love2

Try changing browsers.  I had to change to Google Chrome.  Should solve the problem.

IrishHeart Veteran

Got so excited thinking about traveling (I have such wanderlust! ^_^ ) I forgot to say what's for dinner tonight....

Vietnamese chicken salad rolls with sweet Thai chili sauce.<<  I could put that stuff on dirt and eat it probably.

btw, I can't believe football season has begun.....it's 88 and sunny and it still feels like summer. 

SMRI Collaborator

Making Chicken Fajitas tonight.  Finally REAL food!!  I had some sausage for lunch that was very good.  I can't remember the brand, A______??  I tossed the wrapper already.  

Question about brats, hotdogs, etc.--are they generally gluten-free or not?  I haven't seen any listed as gluten-free and many have caramel color (which is not gluten-free??).   

Adalaide Mentor

I had to run to the store to pick up some cold medicine and OJ for my husband. I grabbed some fish and a bagged salad for myself while I was there for an easy dinner tonight. I'm probably not going to do anything today, just sit and relax and recuperate. Then it's back to working tomorrow, lots to sew to make up for what I sold last week.

GottaSki Mentor

Got so excited thinking about traveling (I have such wanderlust! ^_^ ) I forgot to say what's for dinner....

Meeee tooooo....

Had fun virtually traveling Croatia this afternoon...my passport is good, just woefully under utilized...we shall rectify that as soon as Irish and I can hold a bake sale....hmmm, maybe a few ;)

I wanna be in the loop for Lovie stories!

Breakfast for dinner here...pigs in blankets maybe.

I had an honest to goodness siesta with super Sandie doggie this afternoon...needed to catch up on the zzzzzzzz's ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Lol...just had a giggle at the image of Irish and I getting questioned about traveling with a hundred pounds of white powder...

IrishHeart Veteran

Lol...just had a giggle at the image of Irish and I getting questioned about traveling with a hundred pounds of white powder...

lmao...was thinking that same thing myself... ^_^  the "frisk" part should be enjoyable  anyway.

we may need "notes" from our doctors saying  "this person is carrying G F flours" or maybe a letter from our 

lawyers....or a US senator...or emigration officials....or....

GottaSki Mentor

We can use this thread as evidence ;)

kareng Grand Master

Just a quick pop- in. I want to go too! I think weight would limit the amount of flour we could bring. I would keep all the receipts, too. Might help explain it?

Last night we had some chili in the freezer and a bunch of partial bags of Ore- Ida fries, and some partial bags of shredded cheese. Guess what we had? :).

We are cleaning out all the food. When the boys were home, we would need about 2/3 of a bag of fries. The partial bags would get pushed to the back.

Tonight we are having burgers and cantaloupe and potato chips and toasted marshmallows for dessert!

Tomorrow we are having some pasta with marinara, a little arugula, pesto and Italian sausage added to it.

To catch up, some of our meals lately - brats & fruit , ate at Waldo pizza, ate at PF Chang's, salads with stuff from the farmers market.