GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Did someone say Burgers for Dinner???

46189_439523592805416_196565911_n.jpg

Bob visiting my High School during my Senior year....I have no idea how he got up there  B)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5672 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Did someone say Burgers for Dinner???

46189_439523592805416_196565911_n.jpg

Bob visiting my High School during my Senior year....I have no idea how he got up there  B)

Oh. I  have a pretty good idea.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5673 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi Dee Ho Good Neighbors....

Today was pretty darn good -- visited Mom early and did her PT with her until we can line up the professionals -- walked out her new front door to check out the neighbors gardens and then when home to begin procrastination of study -- second Biology Midterm -- how can you have two Midterms????  Should be Test #1, Test #2 and Final IMO....while procrastinating I accomplished quite a bit of cleaning and straightening of my patio -- cousin and her daughter arrive tomorrow for a few days and will be very nice to eat dinner out there.

Also added soil ammendment to my shopping bag heirloom tomatoes -- sadly my big plan for my vegie garden has taken a back burner to taking care of folks -- but I did purchase three heirloom seedlings a few weeks back and they now have oodles of little tiny tomatoes -- threw them in the shopping bag upside down growing method to get them planted quickly.  They are hanging happily in the sun on the patio.

Dinner tonight is pork country ribs with mac and cheese -- yep non-vegie sister thinks she can make it over today --- it will be wonderful to have her.

What is everyone having for dinner this evening???

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5674 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

holy crap!  am I sore. :blink: We started filling the dumpster today with our old beat up furniture and dusty old stuff that was in the
garage (3rd bay is devoted to all things CRAP  ). I tossed so many things that we're never going to use
(and it is not even worthy of the Salvation Army--that stuff has been put aside) 

There was so much wood the hubs had stockpiled for god knows what (building a freakin ark, dude?)
and all his junk in the garage and basement--I mean billions of nuts, bolts, all his bottles for making beer, etc. Tools out the ying yang.

OMG my husband is a certified hoarder.  I could not stop laughing at it all. He says he feels silly now to have saved some of it.

,,,cuz, everyone needs a coffee mug from every city you've been in for work and pleasure, right? er, NO!
Still have 1/3 of the thing left to fill and it will take another day or so. ugh.
I just keep saying "Soon, it will be over and it's one step closer to being where I want to be".

Dinner (and he's lucky I could do anything after all that) was:

Baked chicken

baked potato

corn.

simple. If I can lift my arm now to eat it, I'll be all set. :D

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5675 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

mondays and tuesdays i can usually count on eating alone so i get to 'play with my food' - last night was (rice) flour wrap with turkey, cheddar with peach salsa.  it was yums, so it will move on to round 2 where husband will be the guinea pig taster.  (round 4 is church lunch.  they can all have the cheap 'regular' tortillas :)

i have a 'flat-iron steak' marinating in some asian bbq marinade.  i got it pre-made, on sale and it has smoke flavoring in it - says GLUTENFREE all over the packaging and checked ingredients, but...............  i think my recipe is better :D  we'll see what the guinea pig says.  probly make some noodles - oh, and (lisa?) weren't you on a squash ribbon kick?  oh.  my.  BOB i did some zucchini with a vegetable peeler, and some red onion, too, and tossed them in a honey-mustard vinegarette oh, so good!!!  we woofed that stuff down!!!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5676 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Tonight I am finishing off last night's pizza. My husband won't touch my pizza. He doesn't like chunky sauce, at all, or vegetables on pizza. So the homemade, thick, chunky tomato sauce with roasted tomatoes and peppers, and the roasted mushrooms and onions made sure that he was keeping his grubby mitts off my pizza. He can eat his poison pizza. I'll finish off my night tonight with yogurt and honeydew.

I'm doing more or less okay with solid foods now as long as I am taking pain meds. At least I'm not needing them all the time any more, and not for soft foods either. Still feel like I got sucker punched. I'm going to try to stick to soft foods mostly as much as I can, but I was just SO HUNGRY!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5677 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Forgot to defrost meat before I left the house today -- sooooo -- breakfast for dinner -- waffles, bacon, eggs, etc for the men and I'll punt.

Oh I did make lemon "brownies" -- now I know these as lemon bars -- but saw a new recipe in the funny pages that called them lemon brownies -- so it caught my eye...they look and smell yummy -- just made lemon glaze to throw on top...happy happy men tonight :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5678 ryann14

ryann14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hey all,

I was just diagnosed with celiac disease and I am on a fairly tight budget but I need ideas for lunches.  Also if you all can give me lunch ideas for school and work too, I don't really know what will work for reheating.  I also am getting tired of sandwiches but if you all can give me more ideas that would be great.

Thanks

Ryann

#5679 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hey all,

I was just diagnosed with celiac disease and I am on a fairly tight budget but I need ideas for lunches.  Also if you all can give me lunch ideas for school and work too, I don't really know what will work for reheating.  I also am getting tired of sandwiches but if you all can give me more ideas that would be great.

Thanks

Ryann

Welcome Ryan!!!  Take a read through this thread -- and the "what's for Breakfast" and "what's for Lunch" threads -- oodles of great ideas within these pages.

Also, make sure you read the "Newbie 101" thread -- it gives a huge "fast-forward" on making the transition to gluten-free!

Hang in there and come on back and let us know what you had for dinner :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5680 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hey all,
I was just diagnosed with celiac disease and I am on a fairly tight budget but I need ideas for lunches. Also if you all can give me lunch ideas for school and work too, I don't really know what will work for reheating. I also am getting tired of sandwiches but if you all can give me more ideas that would be great.
Thanks
Ryann

Paul has the links here:

http://www.celiac.co...as-what-to-eat/

http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

Do you have a fridge or microwave where you eat lunch?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5681 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

My husband whined about it a little, but meatloaf tonight. I'm making two small ones, one for tonight and one for next week so I can get a night off the hook. I think we'll just have baked potatoes with green onions and I may make myself some fried green beans.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5682 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hmmm 8.30pm and still not sure what is for dinner. Fed kids earlier, but lost my enthusiasm for cooking this week.

Happy otherwise though :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5683 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

My husband whined about it a little, but meatloaf tonight. I'm making two small ones, one for tonight and one for next week so I can get a night off the hook. I think we'll just have baked potatoes with green onions and I may make myself some fried green beans.

Sounds de-lish to me!  ;) I'm so beat after 3 days of hauling stuff out of the house and cleaning a very full basement and garage and I can barely work up the enthusiasm for dinner....I'm pooped!....... but very happy at what we have accomplished. 

Just try and envision me carrying a set of 20 lbs. weights up a flight of stairs and hurling them into a dumpster.

yeah,baby,I  did it! 

bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hmmm 8.30pm and still not sure what is for dinner. Fed kids earlier, but lost my enthusiasm for cooking this week.

Happy otherwise though :)

...and here's my buddy, equally unenthusiastic about cooking tonight.... but still happy!  :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5684 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I pictured you a little more like this after that trip up the stairs. healer.gifI'm surprised you found energy for all that running around.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5685 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I pictured you a little more like this after that trip up the stairs. healer.gifI'm surprised you found energy for all that running around.

LOL oh, that's me hypothetically dancing around, in my excitement to have it DONE...lol

the ice packs I am applying to everything on me--big clue I am not the spring chickie I used to be. 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: