9633 replies to this topic

#5686 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm planning on making mac and cheese again. A small batch enough for dinner and maybe lunch tommorow.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5687 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Dinner Peeps Dance Party!!!!

bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

bliss-smiley-emoticon.gifbliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sorry had to.... that dude is too stinkin' cute :wub:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5688 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

hahahahaha! adorable, isn't  he??  he is called the "bliss" emoticon...

dance party!!!!!!!!

dance-party-dj-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5689 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's Friday, so you all know what this means:

italian-chef.gif

PIZZA!!!!

Think it will be a white za--garlic, broccoli, arugula, red onion, ricotta and mozzarella. 

No heavy lifting today. We're done for now. The dumpster is full.

Golf day for hubs. Laundry, a movie and a walk   limp around the property day for me. ouch ouch ouch  :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5690 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Piazza sounds great - men off to a very special Padre game with a dear friend of ours and 30 others to surprise this friend with pancreatic cancer - its pancrratic cancer night at the park - the whole group gets to meet and great after the game - a very special night for all the dads and their sons.

For me a girlie night ahead - cousin and her daughter are here so we will watch chick flicks and finish all the cakes I am baking for my baby's 18th birthday party manana -- I think I'll make them a piazza too - maybe that will bring my Sissy over to join in the girlie night :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5691 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's Friday, so you all know what this means:

italian-chef.gif

PIZZA!!!!

Think it will be a white za--garlic, broccoli, arugula, red onion, ricotta and mozzarella. 

No heavy lifting today. We're done for now. The dumpster is full.

Golf day for hubs. Laundry, a movie and a walk   limp around the property day for me. ouch ouch ouch  :lol:

Oh that sounds so good. I've yet to be able to make a good pizza, recommendations?

#5692 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Oh that sounds so good. I've yet to be able to make a good pizza, recommendations?

do you want to use chebe dough in a pinch or make one from scratch?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5693 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Piazza sounds great - men off to a very special Padre game with a dear friend of ours and 30 others to surprise this friend with pancreatic cancer - its pancrratic cancer night at the park - the whole group gets to meet and great after the game - a very special night for all the dads and their sons.

For me a girlie night ahead - cousin and her daughter are here so we will watch chick flicks and finish all the cakes I am baking for my baby's 18th birthday party manana -- I think I'll make them a piazza too - maybe that will bring my Sissy over to join in the girlie night :)

sniffle, wish I lived closer...I'd come for girlie night. ;) I could bring cake..

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5694 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

My husband is working an evening tonight, which is rare for him, so we are having an early dinner. I threw a couple potatoes in the oven a while ago and we'll grill some chicken breasts when he gets up from his nap soon. I'm sure I can find some other vegetable for me to eat too. I may just wait until later and have an evening snack of roasted brocciflower. I'm the kind of weirdo who could eat an entire head of the stuff. I'd eat it raw if I could, but I'm still far too sensitive for crunchy foods. Maybe if I feel ambitious later I'll make some apple muffins.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5695 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Dry rubbed pork side ribs with unctuous homemade bourbon barbecue sauce
Potato salad
Steamed broccoli

Wanted to force Spring into our home.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5696 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Man my house smelled great tonight...First a triple chocolate cake, then a rich vanilla cake and just pulled a sinful strawberry out -- no ice cream tomorrow as we will be partying at the bay/beach bon fire -me thinks no one will miss it with three cake choices -- sure wish you all could cruise by :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5697 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Dry rubbed pork side ribs with unctuous homemade bourbon barbecue sauce
Potato salad
Steamed broccoli

Wanted to force Spring into our home.

That should do it! :D

You are the only one among us who could use "unctuous" in a sentence and not sound like a pompous asshat (and get heckled by the troops).

It's just "you"--whom we love and dearly hope gets out of that snow-filled hell as soon as possible. Get thee to the sun, woman! B)  :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5698 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Some things we have had for dinner this past week:

- Pasta (Newmans marinara) with turkey Italian sausage and moz & parm melted on top

- chicken "pot pie" with Bisquick biscuits on top

- beef stew made in the crockpot

- burgers, Ore Ida oven fries and salad

- chicken strips - grilled with Franks Wing sauce, a " coleslaw" with an orangey dressing I made, Schaar baguette - sliced, dipped in basil olive oil, sprinkled with garlic powder, salt and some asiago/ parm mix the broiled for a couple of minutes.

Coleslaw dressing : 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, 1 orange - zest and juice, 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar to taste ( I used a jalapeño BV but it didn't seem spicy). If you want it spicy, you could add a little Chipotle, cayenne or chili powder.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5699 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Some things we have had for dinner this past week:

- Pasta (Newmans marinara) with turkey Italian sausage and moz & parm melted on top

- chicken "pot pie" with Bisquick biscuits on top

- beef stew made in the crockpot

- burgers, Ore Ida oven fries and salad

- chicken strips - grilled with Franks Wing sauce, a " coleslaw" with an orangey dressing I made, Schaar baguette - sliced, dipped in basil olive oil, sprinkled with garlic powder, salt and some asiago/ parm mix the broiled for a couple of minutes.

Coleslaw dressing : 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, 1 orange - zest and juice, 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar to taste ( I used a jalapeño BV but it didn't seem spicy). If you want it spicy, you could add a little Chipotle, cayenne or chili powder.

YUM--all good stuff, K- (drooling)

Going with a  beef filet tonight on the grill, some baby potatoes and asparagus.

Like Love2Travel, we're forcing Spring. (although we have been known to grill out in the snow)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5700 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

YUM--all good stuff, K- (drooling)

Going with a  beef filet tonight on the grill, some baby potatoes and asparagus.

Like Love2Travel, we're forcing Spring. (although we have been known to grill out in the snow)

I'm just trying to represent the common folks!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: