#5731 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm going to make a cake... :ph34r:

I have plenty of soup left over so all i have to do is warm that up.

Re-heated soup turns into cake? What kind of soup is that! :)

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5732 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

:lol:

Re heat the soup for dinner, cake for dessert.

#5733 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

:lol:  Shadow has magic soup, everybody!!!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5734 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

:lol:  Shadow has magic soup, everybody!!!!

I know where I'm going for dinner!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5735 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

cake soup !!  yeh!!!!  :D

chili is chili-ing, perfect day for it as it has been raining for 2 days.  yesterday i made bette hagman's vinegar pie crust for the first time trying pie crust of any kind.  it's in the friger and it looks normal :)  i'm not sure whether i want to fool with it in front of the hubs - plastic wrap is not my friend.  but i may need someone to cut it off me should i become dangerously entangled.....  hmmmmm....

i has pie crust.  i am mad with power.  pie crust power, that is  ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5736 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I am not the only with saran wrap issues, I see. :lol:

Bette Hagman rocks! First woman of gluten-free baking. 

If you do not like her version for any reason, I HIGHLY recommend Peter and Kelli Bronski's pie dough recipe.

Flaky, light and rolls out like the real thing. Tastes awesome. 

When my Mom, the champion flaky pie crust maker of the family (besides my Gramma, her mother)

said to me last Thanksgiving  "omg, this is just like my mother's!" to me,

well, it was the proudest G F baking moment of my albeit short-thus-far G F baking career.

Let me know if you want to try it and I'll  type it out for you.

Enjoy that chili (I loves me some chili!) 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5737 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am not the only with saran wrap issues, I see. :lol:

Bette Hagman rocks! First woman of gluten-free baking. 

If you do not like her version for any reason, I HIGHLY recommend Peter and Kelli Bronski's pie dough recipe.

Flaky, light and rolls out like the real thing. Tastes awesome. 

When my Mom, the champion flaky pie crust maker of the family (besides my Gramma, her mother)

said to me last Thanksgiving  "omg, this is just like my mother's!" to me,

well, it was the proudest G F baking moment of my albeit short-thus-far G F baking career.

Let me know if you want to try it and I'll  type it out for you.

Enjoy that chili (I loves me some chili!) 

:lol: skip the crust and just put a topping on it (like a crumble) and that would be good enough for me.

At any rate, i don't think the cabbage in that soup would go good with cake :lol:

#5738 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I pulled my frozen meatloaf out today. Just not feeling like cooking. I'll think up some veggies for it and have an easy dinner. We've got some errands to run this afternoon and I'm paying a dear price for my indulgences last week. Plus, not feeling super has led to a wee pile of dishes over the weekend that I need to tackle today. :ph34r: I must have misplaced my magic wand.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5739 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

I started a pot roast and veggies crock pot thinger (I love LOVE2TRAVEL's word) this morning before I went to the gym.

(yes, I went to the gym the day after major yard work, and after a week of heavy lifting and really, what the heck is going on here? Me, doing physical labor and not wanting to kill myself from the pain??!  Healing the gut, collagen supplements, change in diet, MT, PT..... and magic wands at work, I guess. whoohoo) 

and I have to say, I just returned and the house smells like YUM!!! :) Slow cookers are wonderful thingers. Karen was right!

If you find your magic wand, Addy would you kindly wave it over the rest of the garden for me. Make the leaves disappear?

I'd like to know who put that giant pin oak over my garden beds. I'd like to kick his butt.  Oh wait, I'm the doofus who put the garden beds

too close to the tree 16 years ago. duh.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5740 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

My best friend who used to be my roommate has always complained that I made her fat while we were living together. How? My insomnia. How does my insomnia make other people fat? Well, things like tonight happen. When you are tired and can't sleep you get bored. When you are bored, you get hungry. When you grew up baking and are bored and hungry, you migrate to the kitchen.

I didn't actually bake tonight, but suddenly decided I couldn't live another moment without tapioca pudding. Not the kind that comes in a Jello pudding box, and not the kind that comes in a red box. The kind that comes from pearls that you stir for half a lifetime. I have to say that there is nothing in the world quite like a bowl of warm tapioca pudding late at night. I know what I'm having with my dinner tomorrow... if it lasts that long.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5741 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

I love homemade tapioca pudding with fresh whipped cream....total yumsters.  Enjoy! 

Dinner tonight is going to be escarole and white bean soup. 

Right after I finish cleaning the garden beds out. I'm on a mission....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5742 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Chicken stir fry, rice and veg.

I have been starving all day, I ate too many cashews.

My garden is a mess. If only we could do all the stuff we do when selling a house to the one we live in now. Mind you, me have visitors booked for 3 days next month, so have to get the spare room sorted by then...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5743 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

My garden is a mess. If only we could do all the stuff we do when selling a house to the one we live in now. Mind you, me have visitors booked for 3 days next month, so have to get the spare room sorted by then...

I'm a brutal task-master and have no qualms barking orders and tossing out things. (hard to believe, given how delightful and sedate I am, isn't it?) Shall I come over?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5744 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

experimental night tonite - i have rice paper wraps, assorted veggies and frozen shrimp.  i'm thinking of marinating the veggies and rolling them up with cooked shrimp.  but i also have cream cheeeeeeese.  and i wonder if i wrap them up and fry them how that will be.  playing with my food again.....

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#5745 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Chicken stir fry, rice and veg.

I have been starving all day, I ate too many cashews.

yes, the end of the month we have family coming in - one spare room is 'ready' - we have alot to do.  plus, i can't get everybody to commit what exact day they are coming, so all my plans on who to put in which house/room are all up in the air.  on the up side, these plans will probably change one hundred times from now til then!

I'm a brutal task-master and have no qualms barking orders and tossing out things. (hard to believe, given how delightful and sedate I am, isn't it?) Shall I come over?

the tossing out things part!!  between me (sentimental) and hubs ("that might be good for something - we might *need* it")  we have a bunch of crap that, honestly, i would never go looking for or miss if it was gone.  it's the tossing out part we get stuck on!

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: