9580 replies to this topic

#5746 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

yes, the end of the month we have family coming in - one spare room is 'ready' - we have alot to do.  plus, i can't get everybody to commit what exact day they are coming, so all my plans on who to put in which house/room are all up in the air.  on the up side, these plans will probably change one hundred times from now til then!

the tossing out things part!!  between me (sentimental) and hubs ("that might be good for something - we might *need* it")  we have a bunch of crap that, honestly, i would never go looking for or miss if it was gone.  it's the tossing out part we get stuck on!

Not I, not me. (I love doing that, did you notice?) LOL

I keep sentimental stuff too, but the stuff you have not used in five years? Never going to use it. Let it go. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5747 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Haha I have 7 years brain fog induced paper filing to deal with. Always the first thing to go when the fog sets in....
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5748 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Will soon be on a plane to Croatia. Dinner tonight will just be a snack as I have several billion excited butterflies in my tummy. Cannot wait for the wondrous seafood and fish from the Mediterranean! We will be frequenting the markets for fresh produce to cook in our charming outdoor kitchen, which is a far cry from our solid block of ice we call northern Canada. Snowing at the moment. Again! REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM. THINGER, THINGER, THINGER. Don't worry about me...bwah ha ha ha....
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5749 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Haha I have 7 years brain fog induced paper filing to deal with. Always the first thing to go when the fog sets in....

I had a blast using a paper shredder for 3 days. That thing is awesome!

The things "someone" had kept "JIC"...oy. Everyone needs receipts from 1984 right? :mellow:

I should talk, I had student grade sheets, letters, evals, etc. from just as far back. I kept some of them because they meant something to me

at the time. One read- through on a rainy afternoon and I had a good cry and a few laughs, put aside a chosen few (most importantly, the notebook of hand-written letters from the very first class I taught back in the stone age) and the rest, I shredded and chucked.

No regrets. 

Will soon be on a plane to Croatia. Dinner tonight will just be a snack as I have several billion excited butterflies in my tummy. Cannot wait for the wondrous seafood and fish from the Mediterranean! We will be frequenting the markets for fresh produce to cook in our charming outdoor kitchen, which is a far cry from our solid block of ice we call northern Canada. Snowing at the moment. Again! REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM. THINGER, THINGER, THINGER. Don't worry about me...bwah ha ha ha....

hahahaha!! Love2's THINGERS are showing!!!

I just spit some gin all over my laptop. Thanks and  :wub: I am going to miss you. Have a restful, wonderful time. xxx

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5750 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

hahahaha!! Love2's THINGERS are showing!!!

I just spit some gin all over my laptop. Thanks and  :wub: I am going to miss you. Have a restful, wonderful time. xxx

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Do you even know which thingers are showing?  ^_^

We will have a glorious, amazing and splendiferous time.  Tax season is OVER in exactly 6 minutes.  Then I get my husband back.  :D   There's just no telling what might happen.   ;)   I will be a very good girl.

SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEKS!!!! 

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5751 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Have fun, wave if you fly over the UK :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5752 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Enjoy your spring thaw! I'm sure we all can't wait to hear the amazing things you'll have to share with us.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5753 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Not I, not me. (I love doing that, did you notice?) LOL

also good answers to many questions :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5754 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

yesterday i made my pie, finally.  sort of.  i used the canned pie filling (cherry) and my pie plate was ginormous for the amount of filling i had - i could just about turn the rest of the bottom crust over it to cover it.  so that's what i did.  like a rustic tart.  brushed it with egg was the last 10-15 min and sparkled it with turbinado sugar.  i also made the crust with unsalted butter instead of shortening and it tastes almost shortbread-y.

it turned out GREAT and i still has pie crust.  in the freezer.  i am invincible :P 

and i completely lied about what was for dinner last night.  forgot i had chili lef douvres and when i opened the friger it called my name.  in spanish (not really)  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5755 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Lots of work and first harvests from the community garden has influenced the menu this week ---

Roasted radishes (who knew?!), indian carrot salad, and curried red mustard greens & kidney beans with jasmine rice. Getting in pink / purple carrots this week too!

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#5756 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I've got 13 .... started and stopped at least a few times per year over that time period...have made a dent these past few months -- for that I am extremely grateful -- flippin' frogs ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5757 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Lots of work and first harvests from the community garden has influenced the menu this week ---

Roasted radishes (who knew?!), indian carrot salad, and curried red mustard greens & kidney beans with jasmine rice. Getting in pink / purple carrots this week too!

pink and purple carrots? -- yum -- need to find or grow a few of those -- love adding more color as often as possible :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5758 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Did someone say pie?????

I think I'll make an apple crumb -- still working on bribes for honeydos -- men are happy lately...but my list has only a few items scratched off -- this weeked they are mine --- insert evil laugh here!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5759 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

pink and purple carrots? -- yum -- need to find or grow a few of those -- love adding more color as often as possible :)

https://sphotos-a.xx...999901580_n.jpg

The kids aren't too sure about them, ha

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

#5760 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

https://sphotos-a.xx...999901580_n.jpg

The kids aren't too sure about them, ha

Those are awesome and your daughter is adorable!

Tonight is looking like grilled chicken and asparagus (since it will be nearly 80 today) and NO potatoes.

Going low carb for a while to shed some (as LOVE2TRAVEL delicately calls it) "adipose tissue"

...bikini season ( a permanent one it turns out ) is fast approaching B)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: