kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

True true

I see my udi's question was skipped over :lol:

Not skipping just thinking. We have had them. They are fine. Not fabulous. If you put enough toppings on them, they will be good. If you want less toppings and a more bready crust, you might not like them. We liked the Kinnickick crusts better. It's all a personal preference.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5777 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

SIL is garnet too and she feels ripped off!

My kids are two diamonds and one citrine -- makes an awesome mothers ring...I've got two clear cz eternity bands with a citrine cz band sandwiched in there -- hubs is under instruction to get me a real set - one of these days -- for now this set sparkles at me nicely.

My mother has a garnet ring and it is quite beautiful. Maybe it's the setting?

Her Mother's ring is the reverse---two citrines (AKA topaz)  and a diamond. I do not like my birthstone at all . I'm not the diamond. LOL

although, I am her favorite, I am sure.

True true

I see my udi's question was skipped over :lol:

I can honestly say I was not impressed by them,  hon.

K!! I am sure I would like your tortilla soup.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5778 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well, between me and the kids I have a choice of peridot, opal and turquoise or zircon.

I have them all separately, but not together. Not sure that would work at all. Maybe I can find alternatives on other websites :)

I have lost enough weight that my wedding and engagement rings are trying to fall off, so I am wearing a smaller one to hold them on. Maybe I need new jewels when I reach my target.

I am going to try not to buy more black clothes as I need smaller ones. I am broadly autumn shades by choice.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5779 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well, between me and the kids I have a choice of peridot, opal and turquoise or zircon.

I have them all separately, but not together. Not sure that would work at all. Maybe I can find alternatives on other websites :)

I have lost enough weight that my wedding and engagement rings are trying to fall off, so I am wearing a smaller one to hold them on. Maybe I need new jewels when I reach my target.

I am going to try not to buy more black clothes as I need smaller ones. I am broadly autumn shades by choice.

I had to have my wedding ring and engagement rings re-sized when I dropped 90 lbs. ...but new jewels are always in order!

No more black, navy, or dark brown. ok? ...you're a NEW you! ( and yes, these were my colors for years).

I have on RED right now :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5780 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

i buy the udi's crust - they are 'ok' in a pinch (and that reminds me, irish, didn't you say you had a good pizza crust recipe?  i'm on a dough roll - get it?  dough?  roll...?  *snort* haha i crack myself up) but i tend to use them for other things - pita bread for gyros, sometimes i cut them into wedges and put oil & spices on them for bruschetta, you know, stuff like that.  i did make an awesome smoked salmon pizza on them one time  :)  i think i may have cut them into pieces and put butter and cinnamon sugar on them, too ?  i keep 'em around, but not so much for pizza.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5781 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

I was a black, navy, brown with light accent for the past 15 years as i bloated up like a balloon...now i'm wearing ALL bright colors and loving it...my professional clothes go to Autumn, but my exercise wear (daily norm) is black or grey leggings with bright bold colors on top -- no more boring for me - no way, no how!

Tortilla Soup sounds yummy...just bought pork roast for extra large batch of Carnitas on Cinco de Mayo -- I love May -- didn't for a few years but 'tis fun this year....Celiac Awareness, National Bike Challenge, Cinco de Mayo, Tour of California (we are camping to watch the top riders in the world pedal past my camp spot -- not sure I can take it), Mother's Day and me Birthday -- yep -- May is going to be great!!!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5782 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

ps...i like irish's banner better than mine...hmmm...may have to steal it ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5783 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Geez, so many topics to cover.... My favorite color is red, although it irks me to

no end that the color I look best in is pink. I love yellow and green but can't wear

them as my skin is remarkably yellow and it makes me look like I'm dying a slow

death. :huh:  My birthstone is diamonds, so that's nice. :D

My favorite frozen pizza crust is most definitely the Against the Grain one. You

gotta have a pizza stone to put it on or it gets all soggy though. I have had the

Kinnikinnick ones and they are pretty good. I'm going to try taking Addy's cheese

bread that I turn into crepes and put them on the pizza stone and see if they make

pizza crust- update to follow soon I hope! If it works I'd imagine they would freeze

quite nicely for homemade frozen pizza crusts.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5784 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

ps...i like irish's banner better than mine...hmmm...may have to steal it ;)

what's mine is yours, dear girl. ;)  I did print off the "my Mom and I are G F" banner and sent it to my Mom. She'll get a kick out of it and stick it on her fridge. Thanks for the link to that site.

Tonight is going to be tricky. No pizza. yes, that's right.... Friday night pizza night has been set aside while

some of us try to ditch the excess carbs in favor of "svelte".....I'll have to do some thinking.....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5785 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Geez, so many topics to cover.... My favorite color is red, although it irks me to

no end that the color I look best in is pink. I love yellow and green but can't wear

them as my skin is remarkably yellow and it makes me look like I'm dying a slow

death. :huh:  My birthstone is diamonds, so that's nice. :D

My favorite frozen pizza crust is most definitely the Against the Grain one. You

gotta have a pizza stone to put it on or it gets all soggy though. I have had the

Kinnikinnick ones and they are pretty good. I'm going to try taking Addy's cheese

bread that I turn into crepes and put them on the pizza stone and see if they make

pizza crust- update to follow soon I hope! If it works I'd imagine they would freeze

quite nicely for homemade frozen pizza crusts.

Happy Belated Birthday Bunnie!

birthday-party-blower.gif

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5786 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

How would you guys go about making something similar to a tomato free lasagna?

#5787 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

How would you guys go about making something similar to a tomato free lasagna?

I would make a "white" lasagne with bechamel sauce and spinach. Just leave out the toms.

http://www.bonappeti...th-chicken.html

or as much as I loathe Martha Stewart  :lol:  here's another

http://www.marthaste...spinach-lasagna

of course, sub in gluten-free noodles and flour and you're good to go!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5788 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I would make a "white" lasagne with bechamel sauce and spinach. Just leave out the toms.

http://www.bonappeti...th-chicken.html

or as much as I loathe Martha Stewart  :lol:  here's another

http://www.marthaste...spinach-lasagna

of course, sub in gluten-free noodles and flour and you're good to go!

That first one looks lovely. I might do that one this weekend :) It also looks like i can play with it a bit as well (subbing for this or that). Thanks!

#5789 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

That first one looks lovely. I might do that one this weekend :) It also looks like i can play with it a bit as well (subbing for this or that). Thanks!

I've made them with lots of veggies and no tom sauce and honestly, I like it better than "conventional Lasagne"

Hope you like it!! 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5790 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've made them with lots of veggies and no tom sauce and honestly, I like it better than "conventional Lasagne"

Hope you like it!! 

I hope so. It was one of my favorite meals when i was younger. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: