Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5852 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

run!?  on purpose??  i only run when somebody's chasing me  :o  although my brother went and bought a badminton set.  this is either gonna be great or terrible lolz  :D

Seriously! Running is for things like the zombie apocalypse. I'm not even sure I'd run if one was chasing me. I mean, why die all tired, out of breath, with terrible cramps and miserable? :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, with my celiac addled brain I'm counting on the zombies leaving me alone. Nothing here for them anyway.

(BTW, he still has all 10 of his toes! So he can count to 20 just fine on his own. :P )

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5853 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

that was my other choice!  next round will be gold, i think :)

but now he can only count to 18!!   :P  <a little tennessee humor for ya there 

run!?  on purpose??  i only run when somebody's chasing me  :o  although my brother went and bought a badminton set.  this is either gonna be great or terrible lolz  :D

i am leaning toward mushroom swiss burgers for dinner.  and i have some bok choy left so probably put a salad together with some almonds and crunchy 'tink' noodles i have left < those things keep pretty well, too, btw.  i usually make more than i need and you don't have to refrigerate or freeze them)  apple cider vinegarette and some mandarin oranges for the hubs.  

sounds like you are getting our weather from yesterday, irish.  i miss my fireplace insert/woodstove thingy every time my neighbor starts a fire in her fireplace i can smell it....  

yep on purpose...was a long distance runner in high school...mostly to run away from home each day, but turned out i liked it...silly joint and muscle issues sidelined me in my early 20s -- i wonder what from :huh:

gotta make those tink noodles this weekend --- chinese again will be great :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5854 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

For the record, my husband says my muffins are the best thing I ever baked. He also thinks it is a crime that I am taking the best thing I ever baked away from him to share with other people. :lol: I told him I just need more flour (I used every bit of my sorghum) and I'll make him more right away. I can not recommend making this enough. I made mini ones and just cooked them for 15 minutes and they are omg perfect.

http://glutenfreegod...ke-muffins.html

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5855 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Tonight we'll have the little bit of leftover pork loin from last night. I think I'll make some buckwheat cakes and maybe some fried apples to go with it. I was out way too late last night, I need a nap before I have to feed my man.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5856 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Sweet potato, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and parma ham.

Odd day, I think I got dairied for the first time, my black decaf tea looked a bit cloudy. I had massive cravings and spent the day eating, and had to do the school run through a migraine fog (walking). I think the teachers thought I had been on the gin at lunchtime...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5857 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sweet potato, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and parma ham.

Odd day, I think I got dairied for the first time, my black decaf tea looked a bit cloudy. I had massive cravings and spent the day eating, and had to do the school run through a migraine fog (walking). I think the teachers thought I had been on the gin at lunchtime...

sorry about the migraine and fog, but I had to giggle at your expression:  "thought I had been on the gin". 

yes, gluten head is like that only not nearly as fun.

We're having roast chicken, oven roasted root veggies and ice packs all around.  And possibly, I'll be on the gin.

I'm pooped and those 640 muscles we humans have?...well, I know where all of them are now. They have made themselves known..  :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5858 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Crock pot lasagna with spinach, hamburger & Italian turkey sausage! Yum!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5859 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Crock pot lasagna with spinach, hamburger & Italian turkey sausage! Yum!

crock pot...lasagna...how do you do that?

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5860 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

crock pot...lasagna...how do you do that?

http://www.crockingi...rockin-lasagna/

I used half sausage half hamburger. Switch to rice noodles

This is a good site. I subscribe to them on FB. 3? Ladies that were putting videos of them making things in the slow cooker. They seemed like they wanted to make a cooking show! :)

If anyone wants a recipe or a response from me and I don't get back to you, please PM me. I have missed people's requests for product info or recipes before. I may be grumpy but I'm very nice and happy to share.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5861 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

http://www.crockingi...rockin-lasagna/

I used half sausage half hamburger. Switch to rice noodles

This is a good site. I subscribe to them on FB. 3? Ladies that were putting videos of them making things in the slow cooker. They seemed like they wanted to make a cooking show! :)

If anyone wants a recipe or a response from me and I don't get back to you, please PM me. I have missed people's requests for product info or recipes before. I may be grumpy but I'm very nice and happy to share.

THANK YOU :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5862 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

I may be grumpy but I'm very nice and happy to share.

:lol:  why,K... you're 3 dwarves in one!

Even skeptical me has made crock pot lasagne,.... and I have to say except for a few crispy sections, It was darn good.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5863 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

teaching son to make chili in the crockpot this weekend...this is the older one -- the younger one is an awesome cook -- but the older one is itching to get his own place so the cooking lessons have begun -- thinking crock pot lasagna will be next week's lesson -- and we are all grumpy yet nice -- I think it is a silly yak thing ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#5864 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

...I am never grumpy. I can be sarcastic and show my rapier wit,....  but I am never, ever grumpy. :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5865 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Skidoodle

How about any of these for son #1 to try?

http://www.glutenfre...12-crockpot.asp

http://sevenclowncir...and-cheese.html

( just sub gluten-free noodles, she says)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: