This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Zebra007 Contributor

I will give the cinnamon roll recipe a go..I don't know why I haven't tried to make cinnamon rolls before as I really love them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

tonight i have venison stew cooking in the crock pot.  haha i keep looking at the clock and thinking:  i should probably start dinner....   ^_^

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Ugh,  We just finished up the leftovers from the Philly Cheese Steak Mac & Cheese.   Its just insanely delicious. We are all going to get so fat... *sighs*

I would love to make those cinnamon rolls... but first I will have to order the buttery goodness flavour thing... 

LauraTX Rising Star

I made it without that.  Really isn't needed... plenty of butter in the recipe :)  LOL

icelandgirl Proficient

Taco night tonight...Some rice to go with.

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Shepards Pie here. I found some great gluten-free Corn free frozen pie shells at Whole Foods! I hope this goes well!

LauraTX Rising Star

Today I made a chicken enchilada casserole... my husband doesn't like chicken enchiladas with the sour cream sauce, and I saw someone on TV use a green enchilada sauce so I tried that.  Just made up some shredded chicken, layered it, black beans, cheese, and corn tortillas with the hatch green sauce (In a can- certified gluten-free, really yummy) and it was really good.  Hubby said it was "okay".  But he says everything is "Okay", he would be a bad food critic, lol.  I made up some extra shredded chicken, froze two dinner's worth so I can make an easy chicken taco dinner when I don't feel like cooking.  Also have 6 cups of chicken broth I am freezing... I added too much water but will put it to good use when I make rice.

With the repeated winter storms coming through here, the grocery stores are out of a lot of fresh stuff, so I am gonna rely on a lot of frozen veggies and meat this week.  Tomorrow I am going to try a kale, mushroom, and quinoa skillet thing I have made before.  Will eat on that for lunches for a few days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Last night we went to a local restaurant.  I had a lovely trout almondine with a cauliflower puree and green beans.   YUM!

Tonight I will indoor "grill" some chicken an we will have a nice big salad.

icelandgirl Proficient

Tonight will be baked chicken parmesan, pasta, garlic bread and some sort of veggie. I need to make breadcrumbs and bake bread today...hoping this all gets done!

LauraTX Rising Star

Yesterday at the store I noticed that all three kinds of the Farm Rich meatballs in the freezer section are now labeled gluten-free.  Always have had no gluten ingredients but it is nice to have a label on it making your eyes find it better.

kareng Grand Master

Last night I "grilled" some chicken.  Then put it on a nice salad - spinach, romaine, red bell peppers, orange slices, red onions, feta and toasted pecans with vinaigrette.

Had to toast the pecans as they had been in the freezer & fridge for a LONG time.  Made them much tastier!

icelandgirl Proficient

Crockpot maple dijon chicken thighs and drumsticks, risotto and a veggie...not sure which veggie sounds good to go with yet. Hmmm...

kareng Grand Master

Every once in a while, I like to put this on here:

If you would like recipes or more info or help with the things we are making for dinner - I think I can speak for most of us - we are happy to help.  

Part of the purpose of this thread has been to help people who aren't sure what they can eat or are new to cooking.  For myself - if you ask me a question and I don't respond - I probably just missed it.  If you use the "quote" function and "quote" my post and then add your question - I receive email notification and usually I see them.  You can also pm me if I still am spacing out and not answering.  

astronaut-smiley-emoticon-animation.gif

LauraTX Rising Star

Yep, ask away for recipes, no secret kitchen recipes here! :)  

Last night I made up a beef stir fry for dinner.  Tonight I will be tired from my Immunoglubulin Infusion, so I picked up an Udi's lassagna.  Yummy yummy... reminds me of the good ol' pre-celiac days when I frequently made a stouffers lasagna.  Glad that gluten-free option is out now.  Oh, and a side salad, so I can say I ate some veggies, lol.

One of the nurses at my doctors office I go to for my CVID has a daughter with Celiac disease.  So I brought her one of the cinnamon rolls I made.  Share the love and tastiness!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Yep, I try and keep the recipes I make on my blog so that anyone can do it.

Tonight I will make Pork Chops with Oranges and Parsley, No Sugar added Applesauce, Green Beans and Butter, and mashed potatoes.  I also have to get the carrot cake all mixed up later for breakfasting..and put the beans in to soak for some crock pot baked beans tomorrow night.. well.. I'd best get to it!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

ok I tried those Cinnamon rolls this morning!  FANTASTIC! Thank you LauraTX!

I also soaked those beans and have it all in the crock pot for some "from scratch" baked beans.  OOOoooo I can't wait! :D

The man has requested Chili Bacon Burgers and avocado boats to go with. The teen will no doubt complain. I have to find something to gluten her with too. Her Dr.s appointment for a celiac panel is next Tuesday. Poor thing has been sneezing up a storm and itching and sleeping.. and yet she still refuses to think it may be a gluten or wheat allergy  problem. LOL  OK it is not funny but I have been super glutening the girl and she is currently a train wreck. MORE BREAD BABYCAKES! :ph34r:

kareng Grand Master

T. Poor thing has been sneezing up a storm and itching and sleeping.. and yet she still refuses to think it may be a gluten or wheat allergy  problem. LOL  OK it is not funny but I have been super glutening the girl and she is currently a train wreck. MORE BREAD BABYCAKES! :ph34r:

Sound like an allergy?  But I would still get her tested for Celiac while she is there.

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Sound like an allergy?  But I would still get her tested for Celiac while she is there.

Yeah, I am having both done.  She also has severe exercise induced asthma, eczema, keratosis pilaris, and the sleep stuff is more of a CFS thing, tummy aches and terrible gas issues.  All of these things I had at her age too... which got progressively worse...and worse...  So we are checking EVERYTHING. Phew. I feel bad she is so miserable though.

LauraTX Rising Star
So in my fridge I had kale, mushrooms, and leftover cream cheese from those divine cinnamon rolls.  Decdided to make it all into a creamy soup with quinoa, and it turned out really good!  I was thinking it was either going to be all really good or really bad, lol.  Here is what I made

5oz baby kale
16oz baby Bella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
Onion powder
1tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 c quinoa
3/4 cup milk
4oz cream cheese

Just sauteed the mushrooms, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, pepper and then added the kale, clamped on the lid until it reduced.  Added the chicken broth, milk, and quinoa and gently boiled for about 15-20 min until the quinoa was done.  Then stirred in the cream cheese.  Yummy!

It is sleeting and snowing again here today.  So soup was fitting.  I am starting to feel like I don't live in Texas anymore... lol.  I was going to make some chicken tacos with leftover meat I froze up, but it will probably take my husband an extra long time to get home from work.  So just gonna heat things up.
MycasMommy Enthusiast

It is snowing in Texas but here in northern Washington, the cherry trees have blossomed and the daffodils have bloomed.  I am kind of bummed at my first winter here. I WANTED SNOW!  Trade you!  No wait... I can't live in Texas again..sorry hahaha.

I do not feel like cooking tonight. Leftover defrosted pork chops with oranges and parsley... mashed potatoes... and they can eat a salad too.  I apparently do not feel like eating either ... alrighty then.

LauraTX Rising Star

Yes, trade me!!! LOL!  It took my husband 2 hours to get home, had to take back roads since driving on fresh snow is easier than compacted snow on the highway.  So, I did chicken tacos tonight.  I always add fresh cilantro... mmmmm cilantro!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

I can't do Texas.... not even for snow.... :D  They do have easy home school laws there though, so that is nice.  I am glad your hubs got home safe and sound.

Tonight We are going to the Burke museum to listen to a lecture about the recovery of soft dinosaur tissue. Awesome!  Then we will order pizza for the gluten eaters so that my daughter can continue her heavy glutening for testing next week.. and me... I have an against the grain pizza crust in the freezer that I will toss sauce/cheese/meat/veggies all over.  Oh yes PIZZA NIGHT!

Zebra007 Contributor

Hubby had pizza with my daughter..I had what was left over from lunch, which was the most delicious bone soup, with lots of vegetables and I put some rice into the mix to fill me up...for pud I chose one of my home made ice creams :P Strawberry!!! Very nice indeed.

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight is burger night!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Vegetable Beef Stew made in a broth of V8 because I am sneaky like that :D