• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

We've got a birthday girl in the house!

happy-birthday.gif

Happy Birthday, Dear Lisa!

birthday-present-and-cake.gif

The world is a brighter place because you were born!

birthday-dancer.gif

And I celebrate wonderful you!

happy-birthday-fireworks.gif

Have a fantastic day. Later, I will do this in your honor. 

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Glad we talked yesterday.I am sure  Neroli would want you to go out and play today.

Much love, G

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#5927 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Thank you so much....was nice to finally hear your voice as well.

I had a crappy couple of days of health with no apparent source -- but today is different -- I woke up with little pain and in a fantastic mood -- it's my birthday and the first one that I haven't felt like shit in over ten years!! 

It is also bike to work day -- since i have no official job yet -- I took a long route to see Mom and hit four "pit stops" - picked up several tshirts, sd bike route maps, water bottles, green tea, oranges, clif and mojo bars for the honey, chapstick, pencils and tube repair kits -- was having entirely too much fun...felt like a kid trick or treating on a bicycle....got side tracked so stopped back in home for an ice pack and will head out to see Mom now with another out of the way route to hit two more pit stops and pick up the $25 gift card from a somewhat nearby grocery store that I won at the recent celiac awareness tour.

Dinner will be grilled chicken salad with yummy fruits and vegies while I watch the new Star Trek -- boys will have popcorn and hubby is sampling the upscale glutenous concessions to give celiac son - that is a new employee there - a report so that said son can be a bit more animated about his opinion of the gluten options when asked by patrons.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5928 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

happy-birthday.gif

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5929 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

We've got a birthday girl in the house!

happy-birthday.gif

Happy Birthday, Dear Lisa!

birthday-present-and-cake.gif

The world is a brighter place because you were born!

birthday-dancer.gif

And I celebrate wonderful you!

happy-birthday-fireworks.gif

Have a fantastic day. Later, I will do this in your honor. 

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

This.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5930 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yep, that again :)

Not even gonna try and top it.

Enjoy. We all know we have to live life to the full x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#5931 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Enjoy. We all know we have to live life to the full x

Every day is a gift. No guarantees. Suck the life out of every day, peeps.

That said, the hubs has asked for special pizza tonight and he's gonna get it. And the pizza too.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5932 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Every day is a gift. No guarantees. Suck the life out of every day, peeps.

That said, the hubs has asked for special pizza tonight and he's gonna get it. And the pizza too.

*snicker*

Wacky schedules have led to dinner plans not at all going as planned lately. I was under the impression last night that the class I was covering was over sooner than it was, so my husband microwaved a pizza before I was home. We are trying the burgers and fries thing again tonight. I'll be home when he gets here, there is nothing lurking in the fridge and I am staying away from stores so I don't buy food I shouldn't. Really... we're having burgers tonight. I mean it this time.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5933 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Taking a break from all this work we've been doing and having friends over for dinner tonight. yaay!

Hot crab dip with crackers and crostini

Sherried stuffed mushrooms

Glazed pears, pecans and gorgonzola salad with champagne vinaigrette

Grilled filets with port wine and mushroom sauce 

Twice baked stuffed potatoes with bacon, shallots, cheddar, chives

Green beans (really, they are haricot verts, but Karen makes fun of me when I say that :P  )

and

Ski's Pineapple upside down cake with bourbon vanilla- spiked whipped cream

Plus wine, champagne, cocktails, whatevs they want.

Yup, I should have a nice histamine response going by 11PM  :ph34r:  LOL

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5934 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Taking a break from all this work we've been doing and having friends over for dinner tonight. yaay!

Green beans (really, they are haricot verts, but Karen makes fun of me when I say that :P  )

and

Yum!  I'll be right over for some fancy green beans!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5935 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yum!  I'll be right over for some fancy green beans!

c'mon! You know I'd love it you did!! ;) ...... but that's really all you want? just green beans?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#5936 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

and

Bahaha, I kept reading farther and farther going omg that is SO not on the list! Have fun. :D You're so lucky that we all live so far away or it would be a regular house party!

My husband is working until 10 tonight. I may just grill a chicken breast and tell him to bring a bagged salad home. That would involve a little cheating myself because I have a brand new bottle of Brianna's ranch to crack open and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm having a salad without ranch if there is a bottle of it in the house I can have. Ranch is one of my very serious weaknesses.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5937 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Bahaha, I kept reading farther and farther going omg that is SO not on the list! Have fun. :D You're so lucky that we all live so far away or it would be a regular house party!

My husband is working until 10 tonight. I may just grill a chicken breast and tell him to bring a bagged salad home. That would involve a little cheating myself because I have a brand new bottle of Brianna's ranch to crack open and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm having a salad without ranch if there is a bottle of it in the house I can have. Ranch is one of my very serious weaknesses.

Brianna's vinaigrette with the strawberry on the bottle, has become our favorite thanks to your suggestion. I try not to look at the other flavors. But I figure that, even if your salad has as many calories as a Big Mac is also has a lot more fiber and vitamins than one.

santa-dance.gif

#5938 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Brianna's vinaigrette with the strawberry on the bottle, has become our favorite thanks to your suggestion. I try not to look at the other flavors. But I figure that, even if your salad has as many calories as a Big Mac is also has a lot more fiber and vitamins than one.

That one is good too! And the champagne one! Actually, I've never tried one I didn't like. :lol: I just got so excited when I found dressing without crap in it that I started buying all the "safe" ones.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5939 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

c'mon! You know I'd love it you did!! ;) ...... but that's really all you want? just green beans?

I want it all...and I want it NOW!  just teasing...I do want it all and wish I could pop over....taking a break from studying...edited something out as a few of my classmates know I'm on here....lol

Off to hit several grocery stores as our fridge and cupboards are a bit bare -- well bare for our house -- and then take care of a problem at my Mom's -- not sure what is for dinner...probably food ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5940 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Ski ! YourPineapple upside down cake was a huge hit. Thanks, sweets! xx

Also, I love this blogger's recipes and articles and I wonder if you are still looking for crock pot recipes for #1 son? here ya go:

http://glutenfreegod...ot-recipes.html

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: