8694 replies to this topic

#31 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Tonight--homemade macaroni and cheese with spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 kitgordon

kitgordon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hormel flavored pork loin with oven roasted potatoes and broccoli was last night's dinner. Tonight I am being lazy and having frozen gluten-free pizza.

The Betty Crocker liveglutenfreely website is a great resource for recipes. I have used a number of them with great success.

#33 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Gluten free pizza! Using King Arthur's recipeand flour mix. This is only my second time making it. It was really good the first time though.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#34 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Baked ham, gluten-free/DF scalloped potatoes and green beans.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#35 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Protein shake <_<
:P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#36 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

turkey soup
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#37 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

Sausage and black olive pizza.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#38 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

The absolute last of the Thanksgiving leftovers! Ugh! I skipped the past two nights by eating other things and now I need to get these things out of my fridge. Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#39 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

I had a big bowl of leftover cranberry salad and a prepared falafel wrap from the grocery store. The wrap wasn't gluten-free but I don't need gluten-free. The store does make prepared falafel patties and I do get those sometimes. They are gluten-free. I also get some lettuce and tomato slices from their prepared food bar. We make sandwiches out of them. I put a patty between two tomato slices and daughter uses the lettuce on the outside because she dislikes tomato.

Daughter had some things from the salad bar and again a toasted cheese sandwich.

Tomorrow night? Have to take daughter to the dance studio for a private lesson. Have to leave early and pack her a dinner. I will come home to eat. For her I will chop up a prepared Hormel chicken breast in gravy, make some instant mashed potatoes and also send in some baby carrots and apple slices if I still have some. If I don't, then some applesauce.

Not sure what I will have. I have a can of chili, some frozen hamburger patties, Ian's chicken nuggets, refried beans and corn tortillas. Also have some shredded lettuce and of course the baby carrots. Will be one something from that list.

#40 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

Microwave reheated some barbecued butterflied leg of lamb in an Orgran gravy mix, with some reheated Parsnip/cabbage Colcannon, and a microwave jacket potato setting yam. which is another way of saying leftovers with a yam :P
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#41 wildwood

wildwood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:09 AM

I got called in to work a temp job today so it will be a super easy "hamburger goulash". I chopped an onion, put it in the crock pot with a pound of ground beef and a can of Progresso cream of mushroom soup and some additonal mushrooms. I will serve with Sam's Mill corn bow ties or microwaved baked potatoes and a yet to be named green vegetable. Have not decided yet........

#42 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Oven roasted pot roast with carrots, onions, potatoes. I put lipton onion soup in the water, and made gravy with potato starch. I made a brussel sprouts casserole with dried cranberries and almond slivers.

Be careful with the Lipton's onion soup. They have changed the recipe and the last box I looked at had barley.

#43 jenngolightly

jenngolightly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Tonight it's chili in the crock pot: hamburger, onions, green pepper, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper. I'll add some cheese on top.
Green salad with homemade salad dressing: lemon juice, shallots, mint, mustard, salt, olive oil.

That's me on my gluten free/specific carb diet. 6 months on the SCD diet, 6 to go! I can't wait to have chocolate. Whoever posted the brownie in a mug recipe... omg, I hate you. :-) But I copied it into a document so I can make it on May 23, 2011.
Jenn
dx celiac 9/2007: gluten-free 9/2007
corn intolerant: corn-free 5/2010
nut allergy: nut-free 8/2010

#44 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Homemade veggie-beef soup pulled from my stash in the freezer. I also made banana bread and have already eaten 3 slices. Argh! Posted Image I had planned to have that later tonight. Guess "later" will be a couple of clementines.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#45 jess_gf

jess_gf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

I have a question. I have some leftover pot roast, a box of opened beef stock I don't think I'll use within a week, and some leftover tinkyada noodles. Can I made a soup out of this stuff? Or should I freeze it?
Gluten Free since 11/2010
Dairy Free since 01/2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: