9633 replies to this topic

#6106 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

Lavender cupcakes and  frosting sound fab, Addy!! yum!

Welcome Noachka! Your dinner does sound great. 

Well, SKI

I pushed the limit on the high histamine foods that give me grief the past few days --and boy, was it fun !!!(alcohol, chocolate, tomatoes, aged cheese) and  that lasagna  I made  last night was fantastic (if I do say so myself)  :lol: but today will require some scaling back 

so.....

Looks like roasted chicken, some asparagus we picked up at a farm stand in Mass. on the way home and some cucumbers, maybe.

Hubs can eat the toms and the big fat strawberries  we also picked up. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6107 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Last night we had a stir fry .... I found a beef broth that didn't have Gluten!! I could not believe it when I started looking at things , how many things had gluten that you wouldn't normally think would!! Yup beef broth!! Why on earth would they put Gluten in beef broth? Any hoo glad I found it because Hubbs LOVES gravy! So I made a stir fry with rice and he put gravy on top! I put mine on top of beans .. It was so very good!! I have always had a problem using flour making gravy so I was happy just using good ol corn starch! :) It is such a sigh of relief! I just love being healthier! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6108 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

Last night we had a stir fry .... I found a beef broth that didn't have Gluten!! I could not believe it when I started looking at things , how many things had gluten that you wouldn't normally think would!! Yup beef broth!! Why on earth would they put Gluten in beef broth? Any hoo glad I found it because Hubbs LOVES gravy! So I made a stir fry with rice and he put gravy on top! I put mine on top of beans .. It was so very good!! I have always had a problem using flour making gravy so I was happy just using good ol corn starch! :) It is such a sigh of relief! I just love being healthier! 

I like this brand.  they seem to be widely available.  I get them at any grocery or Target.  At Thanksgiving, my grocery gets the turkey stock.

http://www.mccormick...Beef-Stock.aspx

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6109 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

I like this brand.  they seem to be widely available.  I get them at any grocery or Target.  At Thanksgiving, my grocery gets the turkey stock.

yes!

and Pacific or Kitchen Basics are good too.

If you have access to a  BJs or Costco, they come in multi-packs.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6110 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

That is the kind I got!!! TY :) I was so very happy! Only thing is I didn't need that much! So I put the rest in a container and froze it! I will have to remember the turkey stock at that time of year!! I was going to post the ingredients but the container got pitched and taken out! So I couldn't! But yes I got some Chicken stock also as long as I was at it!! :) I will feed the other Glutenized stuff to my outside cats! Mix it with their dry or something. I hate to waste ya know! And I am sure they will love it! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6111 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

yes!

and Pacific or Kitchen Basics are good too.

If you have access to a  BJs or Costco, they come in multi-packs.

I do have Costco!!! I will remember to get some next time I go!! Should be soon!! Thanks!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6112 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

That is the kind I got!!! TY :) I was so very happy! Only thing is I didn't need that much! So I put the rest in a container and froze it! I will have to remember the turkey stock at that time of year!! I was going to post the ingredients but the container got pitched and taken out! So I couldn't! But yes I got some Chicken stock also as long as I was at it!! :) I will feed the other Glutenized stuff to my outside cats! Mix it with their dry or something. I hate to waste ya know! And I am sure they will love it! 

We like the no added salt ones the best. 

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6113 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

lasagna  I made  last night was fantastic (if I do say so myself)  :lol:  

hits the spot, doesn't it ?  :)  i grew up in nj so italian food is comfort food.  hubs was so happy when i finally started making spaghetti and meatballs w/"gravy" <big ole pot o sauce cooking on the stove all day

it's tuesday and the mr is on the road.  i has bacon.  i has tomato.  i might have some cowering lettuce  <_<  

tomorrow is the farmer's market in our little town - twice weekly - and it used to suck <like a couple of people hanging out in the back of pickups, and they sold veggies only - all kinds of rules about home kitchens and if you wanted to sell potted herbs they had to be inspected by the blah blah blah, you know.  but they have people down there selling baked goods and home canned stuff.  ima check it and see, maybe get me a booth and make some flavored oils and vinegars.  GLUTEN FREE!!  we shall see but i am mildly excited  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6114 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

cowering lettuce ...<snort>  :lol:

I am probably one of the few who does NOT allow her red gravy to simmer all day long.

An old Italian woman in the North End of Boston told me to stop doing that when I was a young married thing and I was working part time in a bar near the Boston Garden while teaching at Northeastern and going to grad school.  I hung on her every word when she explained how to make various Italian dishes and to this day, I only cook my tomato sauce for a total of an hour. 

I also make fresh tomato sauce (salsa de pomodoro) in about 20 minutes with plum toms, garlic and basil from the garden.

What can I say? The best stuff I learned came from my Grammy who spoke broken English...and other people's Grammies who spoke broken English too.   :D

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6115 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm home alone without a husband this evening too. I just threw together a salad and burger for dinner.

Apparently my errand yesterday (on a cloudy day damn it all!) out driving somewhere half an hour away for something that suddenly came up has left me getting ready for company tomorrow while I wish I was in bed all day. At least at this point I have what it takes to make small attempts to push through a little at a time. And screw it, I already feel like hell so I'm gonna flip on that oven and make my cupcakes tonight because I want one... and I want it NOW!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6116 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

give me one willya? I've had a suck day too.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6117 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Oh sure, just come on over and we'll pig out on them. I'll even let you lick frosting off a spatula, because that is a cure for all sorts of ills. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6118 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

OH MY GOD....I had a meal out :)

Dad took hubs and fam to steak and chop house to start off the hub's 50th celebration -- well deserved as hubs and i feed said peeps every Sunday for years...and hubs took care of dad's daughter thru thick and thick all these years...but heck was happy for the treat....I had a HUGE Ribeye with vegies.  Hubs had filet with lobster, vegies...some awesome au gratin potatoes -- oh and mushrooms!!!  Sis had beautiful shrimp scampi...she only does steak well, well done and knows better than try to order in a steak house -- anyhoo...this scampi was interesting in that it looked creamy -- so I asked and I have a pretty good idea how to replicate === YUM!  One son had another Ribeye -- second son was at work so ate the last third of my humongous steak along with some vegies and oh ya == blueberry cheesecake I made to start off the cake days of hubs 50!  Doh..creme brulee was fantastic too---hubs was one happy man tonight -- for that I am very grateful  :wub:

Oh wait...his birthday isn't until tomorrow -- and he was supposed to be on a fishing boat -- work got in the way so plan B, C and D in the works....stay tuned!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6119 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

That sounds like a fantabulous evening! He is one lucky dude. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6120 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

So far so good with the plans today. The cupcakes are amazing. (I may have had a cupcake for breakfast. :ph34r:) I had spare time about noon to make chocolate chip cookies because I am apparently a masochist. Ham is in the oven now. Now all I have to do is wait for the ham to come out, throw in the taters and cheesebread and get the corn and/or carrots cooked.

I'm still hobbling around with this sore leg after waking up with that damn charlie horse yesterday and it feels like I'll be hobbling for a few more at this rate. Whoever this "charlie" is I'd like to give him a good kick in the shin right about now. Plus I'm still suffering all sorts of aches, pains and general "kill me nows" from being in the sun too much on Monday. But damn it all I have plans for tonight and I will have a good time.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: