9562 replies to this topic

#6121 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Spent the day stuffing myself, so not up to dinner.

Note to self, just because the food you eat is healthy, doesn't mean you can eat in non stop.

Think PMS is hitting in hid_shout.gif

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6122 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Oh sure, just come on over and we'll pig out on them. I'll even let you lick frosting off a spatula, because that is a cure for all sorts of ills. :D

It is indeed!  :)

OH MY GOD....I had a meal out :)

Oh wait...his birthday isn't until tomorrow --

whoohoo !! and really?!!! Cuz it's my beloved Dad's Bday, too. He would have been 89. Cheers to Dave!!

. Plus I'm still suffering all sorts of aches, pains and general "kill me nows" from being in the sun too much on Monday. But damn it all I have plans for tonight and I will have a good time.

well, I'll confess now then....I only told this to SKI....I was glutened at lunch out last week :angry: and I spent 24 hours in abdominal spasm hell, in the potty all night Friday and straight across the Mass Pike on Sat....stopping every time the cramping and doubling over came a 'callin.....as I drove to that wedding I was hell bent on going to....slapped some makeup on, doped myself with enough pepto to stop me up for a year.... and had a blast.

Game face works!!. Have a good time with your dinner guests and save me a damn cupcake! xx

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6123 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

hat.gif

Hats off to you Irish, NO stopping you now :)

(On my PC for a change, and can use emoticons. Can you tell?)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6124 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

hat.gif

Hats off to you Irish, NO stopping you now :)

(On my PC for a change, and can use emoticons. Can you tell?)

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

clever girl!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6125 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

clever girl!

Every time I see/hear this phrase all I can think of is that someone is about to get pounced by a velociraptor. :ph34r: Generally the person saying it.

And yes, game face works! I spent (and I know you did and many of us did) too much time where there was no game face to be had. So screw this feeling bad bullshit on a day I have plans.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6126 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

. So screw this feeling bad bullshit on a day I have plans.

hat.gif

go get 'em champ!

(committing emoticon theft  just like SKI does....thanks MW... :lol:)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6127 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

hat.gif

go get 'em champ!

(committing emoticon theft  just like SKI does....thanks MW... :lol:)

That seems pretty common around here. We're all going to smiley face jail.

You know it took me a while to realize that today is actually Wednesday. I'm a little slow sometimes. So Happy Birthday Mr. Ski! And Irish's dad too. I guess it was a good day to be born.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6128 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

That seems pretty common around here. We're all going to smiley face jail.

You know it took me a while to realize that today is actually Wednesday. I'm a little slow sometimes. So Happy Birthday Mr. Ski! And Irish's dad too. I guess it was a good day to be born.

innocent.gif

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6129 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

lolz!  y'all are out of control ;)

had to take my sweetheart to the emergency room today - he bashed his knee unloading and had to have stitches.  i usually have to threaten him to make him seek medical care.  luckily, my neighbor was already here to watch the kids.  and it wasn't as bad as last time  :blink:  but i didn't make it to the farmer's market :(  

anyways, shrimp w/cherry tomatoes, garlic & lemon/wine sauce 

rice noodles

bossy beans (omgosh too delicious right out of the garden) with butter

tomorrow i deal with mr. "i'm fiiiiine" and try to make him sit still for at least ONE day and let his boo-boo coagulate.....  he's already been in the pool (HE STAYED ON THE FLOAT!  HONEST!)  <haha i don't believe it and he must be watched like a hawk lolz   <_<

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6130 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

omg men are worse than toddlers when they're hurt or sick. They take one of two routes, either "I'm fiiiiiiine" or "oooooohhhhhhhh I feel like I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!" And they'll lie like a brat with a hand in the cookie jar the second they're doing something they shouldn't. Good luck with that tomorrow. You could always tie him to the chair or handcuff him to something... as long as there isn't any company around. :ph34r:

At least you got him to get the stitches without having to bash him in the head and leave him with two wounds needing stitches. :lol: And hey, you got home in time to get a good dinner together too so not bad there.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6131 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

"oooooohhhhhhhh I feel like I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

My father used to lie in bad and whine for his Mama when he was sick with just a cold and we would all crack up at him. LOL (yet he never complained once during all those years of feeling bad from anemia and getting transfusions--go figure) 

My guy just moans and gets angry that he has been indisposed and wants to be left alone which is fine because he is one cranky SOB when is he is sick--which happens once a decade, thank God. Yet, he is not a complainer about anything else & he has the most easy going disposition. (which is partly why I married him as  I do not like whiners) 

Even if it is just a cold, he feels as if it is the biggest imposition on his life and how dare it happen to him!! When I was sick for so long, he told me

he would have taken the .22 to himself rather than put up with all I put up with....

I am going with burgers  and some asparagus tonight and I think that's it. We need to lose a few lbs. around here...seriously.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6132 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

I have four cupcakes left, so I need to make sure those get disappeared before the end of the day. No worrying about pounds here today!

I don't feel any worse today than I did yesterday even with the ham and Brazilian cheesebread last night, so I'm as much a happy camper as can be this morning dragging myself from bed. That said, I've got my aches and pains to work out yet so I'll be sipping my white tea today like a mad woman, and taking it easy. My husband can have leftover ham and garlic roasted taters for dinner. I will have chicken something, I'm not pushing my luck. I will lie to myself and keep repeating that ham once was enough to satisfying me until I start to believe it.

Oh, and the girls last night could not say enough things about how amazing the cupcakes were! My secret though? They were not exactly homemade. :ph34r: I will probably begin attempting next month (after I have had time to work off this dozen) to replicate these cupcakes. I can't complain too much though, even at $6 for the mix. Gluten eaters loved them and if I had scooped more carefully it would have made a full dozen instead of 11 which made them right about 50 cents a cupcake. I still have to say though, I am beyond shocked that my "rawr I'm a man" caveman type husband just can't get enough of lavender cupcakes. :lol:

http://www.wholesome...r-cake-mix.html

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6133 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

You could always tie him to the chair or handcuff him to something... as long as there isn't any company around. :ph34r:

lolz addie!  it's a trap!!!   :o  ("step one, lacerate knee.........")   :lol:

When I was sick for so long, he told me

he would have taken the .22 to himself rather than put up with all I put up with....

RIGHT?!  mine said that too!!  what *IS* that?   sheesh! 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6134 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

I am making a big batch of Bolognese to go with homemade millet and buckwheat pasta. Am dog/house sitting and came into town to cook. We will have roasted fennel. Blueberries for dessert.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6135 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

love2!!!! I was wondering where you were, nice to see you :)

I wonder who might want to thief this one?

jiraf.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: