9633 replies to this topic

#6211 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

We are a family of clownphobics :huh: me and my boys dislike them VERY MUCH...that one is scary so I will not use that as my mental image for Mr. Warp - NO WAY NO HOW...especially since he provided a lovely new cake recipe :wub: ....I will try it very soon -- Fairy Cakes sound perfect this week....youngest is graduating High School  :D so the daughter, SIL and grands will be here!!!!! Fairy cakes it is for their arrival -- pretty sure I'll kidnap :ph34r:  them and give their parents a breather tomorrow as the rest of the week is starting to look a bit busy with sis's bday, aforementioned graduation, looking for new digs for mom :blink:  (my mom...I'm not running away from home - well not this week anyway) oh and somehow getting back to a real job very soon  :wacko:  -- yikes -- that made me tired -- wonder what the hell is for dinner?  Oh ya, Rosemary Chicken and some other stuff  ;)

too lazy to go stealing better smileys right now -- have a great night all!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6212 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

(but clowns kinda  freak me out ) 

just repeating this  :lol:

I have stretchy pants. :D

me too doesn't. everyone?

I'm frightened of clowns!  :o

and another

We are a family of clownphobics :huh: me and my boys dislike them VERY MUCH..

it's unanimous! 

No clowns  allowed in the  G F compound.  :ph34r:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6213 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

just repeating this  :lol:

me too doesn't. everyone?

and another

it's unanimous! 

No clowns  allowed in the  G F compound.  :ph34r:

WHEW!  I was nervous there for a minute.  Just thinking about a kabana boy clown gives me the shivers (and not in a good way).  tiritando.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6214 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Tonight is a shrimp stir fry with Jasmine rice.  Some sour squirty candy thingers on the side.  (They SUCK. So not worth the calories.  :angry: )  I will be home Wednesday night and will resume proper cooking!  None of this dang candy crap.  >(///)<

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6215 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Tonight is a shrimp stir fry with Jasmine rice.  Some sour squirty candy thingers on the side.  (They SUCK. So not worth the calories.  :angry: )  I will be home Wednesday night and will resume proper cooking!  None of this dang candy crap.  >(///)<

:lol:  have to ask......what's a sour squirty candy thinger, hon? 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6216 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

WHEW!  I was nervous there for a minute.  Just thinking about a kabana boy clown gives me the shivers (and not in a good way).  tiritando.gif

:lol:  that looks like you all winter, you poor babe. (I see you have also acquired the emoticon thingers--yaaay!)

fun, isn't  it?? tee hee

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6217 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

:lol:  that looks like you all winter, you poor babe. (I see you have also acquired the emoticon thingers--yaaay!)
fun, isn't  it?? tee hee

...and addictive. Why did I not become an Emoticonian before?????

#6218 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

...and addictive. Why did I not become an Emoticonian before?????

I dunno, but aren't you glad you're one now?

green-yes-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6219 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

:lol:  have to ask......what's a sour squirty candy thinger, hon?

I craved something sour on my way back to the acreage so bought some fruity quishy sour candies that contain liquidy stuff inside. Not only are they NOT the least bit sour, but the liquidy stuff is not as promised.

#6220 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Love!! Love!! Jasmine rice!! Yummy!! :) sour squirty candy thingers?? Not so sure lol 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6221 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

A frozen roast would make a killer blunt object! Sounds nice and tidy to me. Agatha Christie would approve.

And then you could cook it and that would get rid of the evidence.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6222 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

We've already plotted kidnapping of our cabana boys, why not add plotting murder on a public forum to our list of nefarious plans?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6223 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

I think steaks tonight! Baked Potato and who knows what eles I will conger up :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6224 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

I read a story once where the woman clunked her hubs over the head with a leg of lamb, killing him instantly.

She cooked it up and served it to the investigating officers who promptly ate the evidence.

I found that disturbingly clever (and once thought about using that plan years ago.....but decided I should just get a divorce instead.)

anyhoo :)

The basil is flourishing (not sure why with all this dang rain) so I am thinking Pasta Puttanesca tonight..

Seriously, more than 12 inches in the last 3 weeks???  for the love of mike, STOP already!!!

YO SKI

Sylvia told me via email that the LEMONIES were a big hit with her friends. Those are going to be served to my next dinner guests along with

Mr. MINDWARP's Victoria sponge and strawberries with whipped cream.

The local farm has ridiculously good strawberries right now, which I eat with reckless abandon.

Thanks for all the good suggestions, peeps. x

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6225 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I remember ducking once when my mom and dad were fighting and my mom threw a frozen steak at him!! Lol she was a bad shot almost got me and totally missed him hahaha 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: