9633 replies to this topic

#6226 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

WHEW!  I was nervous there for a minute.  Just thinking about a kabana boy clown gives me the shivers (and not in a good way).  tiritando.gif

This bugged me all last night. How the heck did I spell cabana incorrectly yesterday???
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6227 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

We've already plotted kidnapping of our cabana boys, why not add plotting murder on a public forum to our list of nefarious plans?

on payday   ;)

heeeeere, cabana boy......  (or the croatian version:  kabana boy <i like it, love2)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6228 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

This bugged me all last night. How the heck did I spell cabana incorrectly yesterday???

that Krazy sour Kandy affeKted your spelling sKills ??

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6229 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Kabana boy

sexy-guy-flirting-smiley-emoticon.gif

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6230 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hi to Sylvia -- those Lemonies are great and so easy....may have to add them into the graduation celebration this weekend.

However, today is Sis's Birthday so we have Paula Dean's Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Butter Creamcheese Frosting -- and I plan on having a tea party tomorrow morning with the grand girlie -- one of the two celebrations I will have a slice of this yummy CAKE!!!  Forgo wine and other HHs for a piece of cake -- hell ya :)

IH....send a few of those fresh strawberries on one of our supersonic carrier pigeons please --- doh -- I think I'm a bit loopy from playing with small children in the sunshine today.

Sis also likes Pork Chops -- so tonight Pork Chops and Applesauce -- possibly Mac and Cheese too -- I did make a salad she liked the other day so maybe salad instead of pasta -- more room for CAKE ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6231 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

aw, Ski...nothin' like a tea party with wee ones. enjoy! x

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6232 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

So I made my cupcakes today. From a migraine haze because... idk maybe I'm a masochist or something. Or maybe I just really wanted cupcakes. I overfilled my tins so they overflowed a little and dimpled in the middle. It made a dozen cupcakes and 24 minis. The minis came out perfect. They are really, really good. I didn't think before I started that I have no cream cheese in the house to make frosting with so they are getting regular buttercream. :( I'll get it right next time.

I'm just flopping burgers on the grill tonight. Me and my migraine are not doing any real cooking. I'm sure I'll manage some fries and maybe some green beans or something. But other than that meh. I'm hoping to have enough of a brain to care tomorrow.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6233 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I can only ice pack the back of neck, take mega-advil,  lie down and stay in a quiet dark room when I have a migraine. And cry.

because those things suck and of all the pain I have, I can take it like a warrior, but I cannot  take pain in the head!! That one just breaks me down...argh.... Hope you feel better soon xx

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6234 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

I have only had a few migraines and they are not fun!!! I do have a question, I know being Celiac does mean no beer unless special beer, but I understand wine or other alcohol is ok, I will have a beer once in a while "Miller Light" Guess thats out now!! So when I do decide to have a bit of something I don't want it to be strong or alot of calories , hard stuff I cannot drink. Wine maby but wine has alot of alcohol in it. Is there a wine with not so much alcohol in it? Or maby a wine cooler? Not sure if those are safe!! Any suggestions? Sometimes we go out with friends also and I get a couple beers. SO what can I drink now? Hmmmmm 

Sorry this isn't for dinner, unless I drink it for dinner!! Hahaha not likely tho .... 

For dinner I am going to make hubby some left over spaghetti :) Yes it will be glutenized!! He can eat the stuff!! I am still eating gluten till my next appt. not that much tho!! I am having a hard time eating gluten, just the thought ughhhhhh I don't want to!!!!! !!!! maby I will just drink a few beers!! Lol 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6235 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

How about wine spritzer? Fortunately gluten-free beers are becoming popular and therefore more and better types are hitting the market -- when you are out ask your server....they aren't always listed on the menu!

All my other suggestions would involve more alcohol rather than less ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6236 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Wine coolers are usually a malt ( barley) based beverage. A lot of places have hard ciders. I have never seen one with gluten and most even say gluten-free on them.

If you want a couple of drinks, you could order something like a shot of rum and a diet or regular coke with some lime. Pour half you rum in your first Coke and half in the second. I know some people pour white wine over ice to make it last longer.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6237 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

I something in diet pop makes me sick ,I think it is Aspartame, Not sure!  So it cannot be diet soda. My husband likes his "Spiced Rum" Blek!! But maby a white wine over ice is a better idea ...

The place we go to is just a lil family run place , that we have gone to for years!! 

What is a wine spritzer? W8 I have google I can as him!

Funny when I go see my Dr. I tell him if you cannot give me answers, you know I can go home and ask Dr. Google!! He laughs at me!! But I told him don't laugh at me because I will go home and look it up!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6238 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Wine spritzer :

Ingredients
4 ounces chilled white wine
4 ounces carbonated flavored water, chilled
Fruit garnish, your choice
Directions
Serve in a wine glass with fruit of the flavored water as garnish.

Hmmmm sounds pretty good!! I may have to try that!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6239 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I something in diet pop makes me sick ,I think it is Aspartame, Not sure!  So it cannot be diet soda. My husband likes his "Spiced Rum" Blek!! But maby a white wine over ice is a better idea ...

The place we go to is just a lil family run place , that we have gone to for years!! 

What is a wine spritzer? W8 I have google I can as him!

Funny when I go see my Dr. I tell him if you cannot give me answers, you know I can go home and ask Dr. Google!! He laughs at me!! But I told him don't laugh at me because I will go home and look it up!!

I have the same problem with aspartame, too. 

I though of another-  mimosa!

santa-dance.gif

#6240 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Wine spritzer :

Ingredients
4 ounces chilled white wine
4 ounces carbonated flavored water, chilled
Fruit garnish, your choice
Directions
Serve in a wine glass with fruit of the flavored water as garnish.

Hmmmm sounds pretty good!! I may have to try that!!

Mimosa? I have heard of them!! I might have to go ask Dr. Google :) 

Yummm 3/4 cup Champaign chilled 1/4 cup orange juice 

Wow I want to go buy me some Champaign now!! Thats almost healthy for you!! Hahaha I remember my mom Drinking Vodka and Orange juice!! B4.  I cannot do Vodka!! Thats for sure!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: