9534 replies to this topic

#6256 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Another avid bookaholic!  I cannot be without books surrounding me.  My eReader is awesome, too, but I still prefer the feel and smell of paper books.  Anyway, each year I probably read about 300 books.  Panic hits if there is not a book in the vehicle or my purse.  I too love classics such as Crime and Punishment.  My favourite authors are Daphne Du Maurier, Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins.  Absolutely brilliant.  And all British.  I adore the descriptions of the lovely English countryside, castles, period clothing, food...

Speaking of food...as it is chilly today (I LOVE it!) tonight we are having:

Chicken and Dumplings

Roasted Mushrooms with Sherry and Thyme

Peaches and Cream Layer Cake with Pastry Cream Filling and Buttercream

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6257 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

My favorite author by far is Mercedes Lackey, not classics, but certainly worn books in my house! There is nothing like tales of magic and adventure to get me so wrapped up I forget the world around me.

I was just thinking about mushrooms last night. I think they are one of the next things on my list to test out and see how I do with them. Life just isn't right without them.

Oh, and by the way... for all I am obsessed with baking, and eating everything I bake, I'm another 8 pounds lighter than I was last time I saw the doctor. Guess those cupcakes, cookies, cakes, muffins and cobblers aren't hurting me one bit. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6258 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Another avid bookaholic!  I cannot be without books surrounding me.  My eReader is awesome, too, but I still prefer the feel and smell of paper books.  Anyway, each year I probably read about 300 books.  Panic hits if there is not a book in the vehicle or my purse.  I too love classics such as Crime and Punishment.  My favourite authors are Daphne Du Maurier, Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins.  Absolutely brilliant.  And all British.  I adore the descriptions of the lovely English countryside, castles, period clothing, food...

Speaking of food...as it is chilly today (I LOVE it!) tonight we are having:

Chicken and Dumplings

Roasted Mushrooms with Sherry and Thyme

Peaches and Cream Layer Cake with Pastry Cream Filling and Buttercream

"A room without books is like a body without a soul. "

I refuse to give up my book for a Nook. I am a dinosaur. I like holding it, smelling it and turning the pages. :)

I have so many books, I have started donating them and giving them away (gasp!) because they will cost me a fortune to ship to Florida. I can't believe I am letting some of them go..... ah well, they are going to "good homes". LOL Next, we are going through the 1000+ CDs..those are going to a rehab hospital where they need music for recovering patients. 

I see you are making the Bronski's peaches and cream cake...please let me know how it tastes. I love their recipes.

Their pie crust saved Thanksgiving for me. Tastes like my Gramma's.

Friday dinner:  4 cheese pizza. and antipasta

Saturday dinner--having friends over:

Shrimp cocktail

Garlic crostitinii 3 ways: herbed hummus, tapenade and roasted red peppers in balsamic and goat cheese

Pork tenderloin and some savory sauce of some nature. (I'll think about it when I take my walk in a minute)

Potatoes gratin with rosemary

Ratatouille 

Carrot cake with coconut and pineapple and cream cheese buttercream frosting (my teeth hurt just thinking about it)

Sunday dinner--having Aunt Ann over (the one who loves manhattans and will eat anything I put in front of her--LOVE this woman!)

She has requested  our 

Burgers on the grille  with bacon and blue cheese

Baked beans

Cole slaw

and she will enjoy some of that carrot cake, too.

Was going to make SKI's lemonies, but I have decided to save those for next time. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6259 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Tonight we had steaks and potatoes, I threw some Mushrooms and onions on the potatoes! Is that veggie enuf? Lol I know I should of opened a can or gotten some out of the freezer!! What was I thinking?

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6260 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Books - need.

Addie's lighter scale read - yay.

Mushrooms are poking up everywhere - wonder why.

Vegies are not necessary every meal - fresh is always better.

Grumpy, but house much cleaner than when the day began - tired - thankful.

My baby graduates tomorrow - celebrate.

:)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6261 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

oh...must try that peach dealio....hmmm...someone remind me please!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6262 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Congrats on that baby graduating GottaSki, Reason for no veggies is because I was cleaning the house also!! My daughter is coming to town with my grandson who is 3 months old. I have only seen him 3 times!! I am so excited!!! They are vegetarian, they feed them selves!! Gotta love the ones who bring their own food and cook their own meals!! I'll do the dishes for that!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6263 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ohhh Ohhh have to let everyone know!! My friend and I went to the Whole Food store (what ever it's called) (brain fog ) anyhoo we bought sparkling juice and a bottle of wine .... She is a wine connoisseur , anyway we had some and the wine was kinda gross, but mixed it with the sparkling stuff!! Yummy!! ummmm we drank the whole bottle lol ... reason for brain fog lol 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6264 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ohhh Ohhh have to let everyone know!! My friend and I went to the Whole Food store (what ever it's called) (brain fog ) anyhoo we bought sparkling juice and a bottle of wine .... She is a wine connoisseur , anyway we had some and the wine was kinda gross, but mixed it with the sparkling stuff!! Yummy!! ummmm we drank the whole bottle lol ... reason for brain fog lol 

I think that's called something different than brain fog! :lol: Sounds like a delightful evening.

That peach cake does look positively amazing... but my husband doesn't like peaches so I'd have to eat the whole thing myself. I think I'll stick to peach cupcakes or muffins which I can freeze. Now the churros on the website, my husband would totally help eat those. (As if I need one more thing to deep fry!)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6265 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

oh...must try that peach dealio....hmmm...someone remind me please!

I have put it on your reminder calendar, Ms. Ski.

Have a wonderful day today and tell J big congrats from me!! :wub: such a great kid! You "did good" Mom and Dad.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6266 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Roast chicken etc, followed by girls night out. New girly dress, pink nails, lots of eyeliner. 42lbs gone. So far. Over half way.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6267 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Roast chicken etc, followed by girls night out. New girly dress, pink nails, lots of eyeliner. 42lbs gone. So far. Over half way.

WOOOO!!!! For sure a reason to celebrate!

I just threw a tri-tip in the oven tonight and some baked taters. I'd love to be able to do more than the lightest of housework 5 minutes at a time and hobble around the kitchen. Whatever is up I don't imagine can keep up much longer though. I'm at least getting out at twilight every night to the garden to water and enjoy some fresh air and the last bit of daylight. It is my favorite time of day. ^_^

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6268 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

whoohoo girl! :) :) 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6269 Myself

Myself

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm having gluten-free beer tonight.  Liquid dinner.  I bought two different kinds.  Redbridge & New Planet Raspberry Ale.  This is my first time ever trying or even hearing of the NP Ale.  From what I just read online it's not bad however it apparently doesn't taste much like beer.  I guess it has more of a fruity flavor. 

#6270 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Dinner tonight was creamy garlic cilantro enchiladas, guacamole and salad followed by very vanilla cake,,,,

So proud of our latest high school grad!!!!

t-i-r-e-d -- but in a very good...had a very full day kinda tired :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: