9116 replies to this topic

#6271 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm having gluten-free beer tonight.  Liquid dinner.  I bought two different kinds.  Redbridge & New Planet Raspberry Ale.  This is my first time ever trying or even hearing of the NP Ale.  From what I just read online it's not bad however it apparently doesn't taste much like beer.  I guess it has more of a fruity flavor. 

Welcome Myself!!!

I've never had the NP Raspberry -- I don't like my beer fruity -- except for an occasional lime in a Pacifico pre-celiac dx.  Oh my...someone needs to produce a gluten-free Mexican Beer!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6272 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

My baby graduates tomorrow - celebrate.

:)

too awesome, ski, it's a great feeling!  but i had the hardest time boo-hooing over MY BABY lolz worse than the other 3 - you would think i'd have been used to it by then lolz

ummmm we drank the whole bottle lol ... reason for brain fog lol 

LOLz brain fog, indeed - you are hilarious, w8n4!

WOOOO!!!! For sure a reason to celebrate!

I just threw a tri-tip in the oven tonight and some baked taters. I'd love to be able to do more than the lightest of housework 5 minutes at a time and hobble around the kitchen. Whatever is up I don't imagine can keep up much longer though. I'm at least getting out at twilight every night to the garden to water and enjoy some fresh air and the last bit of daylight. It is my favorite time of day. ^_^

we watched the Giant Moon rise over the mountain on the river last night - so bright on the water it was like perpetual fireworks  :)  

I'm having gluten-free beer tonight.  Liquid dinner.  I bought two different kinds.  Redbridge & New Planet Raspberry Ale.  This is my first time ever trying or even hearing of the NP Ale.  From what I just read online it's not bad however it apparently doesn't taste much like beer.  I guess it has more of a fruity flavor. 

welcome, myself, from notme! < haha irish, beat you to it LOLZ - i am going on a beer quest myself.  my beer supplier guy wants to know what to order (a case) but i have to be able to taste ONE first before i have failure in volume ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6273 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Blech. Never been a beer fan but used to make a mean beef Wellington with Guiness.

Anyhow, tonight is:

Grilled porterhouse steak, 2" thick
Herbed garlic roast potatoes
Turkish grated carrot salad
Grilled nectarines with Greek yogurt, toasted pine nuts and drizzled with wild acacia honey

Tomorrow? Lamb.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6274 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

We got gypped outta the Super Moon -- we have a thick marine layer at night that clears about 10am each morning -- commonly referred to as "June Gloom" -- so I set my alarm for 430am hoping the view would improve whilst I slept -- no luck...just one bright marine layer :(

Not sure what is for dinner....something easy -- maybe spaghetti and meatballs.  Oh and vanilla cake (made spares yesterday) with strawberry frosting (left over from sis's bday)  -- so I guess that makes it Encore Cake ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6275 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Grilled nectarines with Greek yogurt, toasted pine nuts and drizzled with wild acacia honey

oh, DROOOOOOOLLLLL  drool drool (DO I HAVE PINE NUTS?  i don't think so....   :(  boo... ) 

tonight is pork roast however he is cooking it - i wanted to do it in the crock pot but nooooooo so he is on his own.  mashed taters and massive yellow squash ribbons from the massive yellow squash ;)  

halfway listening to the race (hate road courses with all their right turns and whatnot)  might indulge myself in a nap......zzzzzzzzzzzz.......   -_-

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6276 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

halfway listening to the race (hate road courses with all their right turns and whatnot)  might indulge myself in a nap......zzzzzzzzzzzz.......   -_-

I generally like road courses...but today I think a nap sounds much nice -- I'm in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6277 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

We got gypped outta the Super Moon -- we have a thick marine layer at night that clears about 10am each morning -- commonly referred to as "June Gloom" -- so I set my alarm for 430am hoping the view would improve whilst I slept -- no luck...just one bright marine layer :(

Not sure what is for dinner....something easy -- maybe spaghetti and meatballs.  Oh and vanilla cake (made spares yesterday) with strawberry frosting (left over from sis's bday)  -- so I guess that makes it Encore Cake ;)

How was the graduation?  Congratulations!  :)   Did you have a restful day today?

Reminder:  Make the peach dessert thinger I mentioned up thread.  You really, really should.  :P

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6278 Myself

Myself

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Welcome Myself!!!

I've never had the NP Raspberry -- I don't like my beer fruity -- except for an occasional lime in a Pacifico pre-celiac dx.  Oh my...someone needs to produce a gluten-free Mexican Beer!!!

Thanks for the welcome....

Yeah I agree.  I was kind of left with few options so I tried.  It was better than what I had expected but it didn't blow me away either.  The fruit flavoring was subtle though.

#6279 Myself

Myself

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

welcome, myself, from notme! < haha irish, beat you to it LOLZ - i am going on a beer quest myself.  my beer supplier guy wants to know what to order (a case) but i have to be able to taste ONE first before i have failure in volume ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

Let me know what kind you try and how it is.

#6280 Myself

Myself

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

And today it's a hangover.  :blink:

I drank too much.  Alcohol always seems like a good idea to me at the time until the next day and I'm hurting. 

#6281 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

After having surgery, all those meds and spending the night in the hospital it is  back to safe meals only for  awhile .

Browned ground lamb,cooked organic brown rice stir fried with red onion in olive oil with a side of fresh organic peaches

I am in safe meal HEAVEN :)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#6282 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

How was the graduation? Congratulations! :) Did you have a restful day today?

Reminder: Make the peach dessert thinger I mentioned up thread. You really, really should. :P

Thanks....I knew I'd forget...I did buy beautiful peaches on Friday....this must be why.

Graduation was awesome! Beautiful day with plenty of family and friends to help celibrate.

I am indeed resting a bit today....cuddling with the kidlets now....they are watching one episode of curious George .... then we read more books and a round of CandyLand....then perhaps one last splash session before we send them home!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6283 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

After having surgery, all those meds and spending the night in the hospital it is back to safe meals only for awhile .

Browned ground lamb,cooked organic brown rice stir fried with red onion in olive oil with a side of fresh organic peaches
I am in safe meal HEAVEN :)

Oh sorry to hear about your surgery....heal quick...your meal sounds safe and delicious to start things off nicely! Welcome home :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6284 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

We just heated up last night's leftovers tonight but I had a sudden urge to have cornbread. So I threw together some hot water cornbread really fast last minute and we both love it. Finally something he'll eat that isn't an animal!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6285 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

yummmmm I am wondering what to have for supper tonight! I just don't know!! I hate having to think of stuff!! Last night we had some Lil steaks hubbs had some Mac and cheese sweet potato I juat had sweet potato with it!! Today I know I am going to get alot of fresh veggis!! SO what ever I cook it will be with fresh veggies! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: