9578 replies to this topic

#6331 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Homemade burgers with my special sauce, caramelized onions, grilled mushrooms and Swiss cheese on a Kinnickinnik buns.  And watermelon.

eat-watermelon.gif

You're really digging the emoticon thinger, aren't ya babes/? LOL

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6332 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

You're beautiful, he's a lucky guy.  Sorry you're flaring... wish your the best.

We had grilled skin & boneless chicken thighs with salad and  potatoes.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6333 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Everyone!

Just for kicks my silly body decided to flare two evenings in a row....no more experimenting for me for a while -- lol...I mean no more experimenting with foods.....  :P (need a little blushing dude).

Anyhoo....another rain check for dinner date...thinking it may be tomorrow afternoon if my evenings keep us guessing.

I'm a "Lucy" too -- must be another one of those unpublished Silly Symptoms ;)

Dinner tonight is....hmmm...wtf is dinner tonight....oh I know:

Baked Chicken

Sweet Potato Fries -- three colors :)

Carrots

and the good old Chocolate Mousse for dessert

thinking a trip to the Farmer's Market to make things a bit more colorful for the next few days will help.

Happy Friday to all!!!  That looked much cheerier than I am...will work on it!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6334 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

((hugs)) and sorry you had to postpone for now, Ski but I know you will come out of this and be back riding your bike very soon, honey!!

Dinner on Fridays is always golf day, so that means pizza, but not today .....as I too, have had a few bumps lately  so

I am KISSing myself  (keeping it simple stupid) so I can also feel as good as I was feeling pre-glutening, pre-tick bite, pre -inflammation.

Looks like: 

baked chicken

sweet potato fries

carrots

Oddly,that is what I have in my fridge/pantry, too!.

:D  

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6335 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hmmm, maybe I'll have that too. No other inspiration struck so far anyway...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6336 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

yeah, irish, that sounds nice :)  i am stuck with whatever the husband chooses because it's his b-day today.  he probably wants (blech) steak.  i know, i know, people are supposed to like steak...........   <_<   

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6337 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Here's one for you....I go outside to rescue a chipmunk who has caught himself up in the netting around the blueberry bushes

that is there to keep the birds away.  He has gotten the netting wrapped around his neck and his legs--like he is hogtied.

And he is squealing like mad.

I go back inside, grab scissors & run  (I know, I know ) and get him partly undone, but it is a terrible mess of tangled webbing and it's choking the poor thing. Okay. I can do this.

I have to cut the ones that are wrapped around his neck somehow. Not easy. there are several plus his feet are bound...and he's wriggling like mad.

I work as quickly as I can, but he keeps doubling his body over into a ball. Just as I almost get the feet done, the little shit bites me

on the left index finger!

Breaks the skin, too . He hobbles towards the back --the forest area...me, chasing like a dope because I want to help this little thing.

I grab him again...NOW I put the stupid glove on (duh!) and I get the legs almost undone...it was an epic struggle to get this thing to hold still, but I can't get the one around his neck cut before he bolts into the woods.

.....where I am forbidden to go because I just got the tick bite and the rash.

I could never catch him anyway..he's gone in a flash. I start to cry because I am sure he will not live with that around his neck. I almost had it... damn.

Hubs is headed for the golf course and his phone is off ( an hour away) so I relay a message to his pal to have him call me.

I am an hour away from the urgent care center and my doc is on vacation....so, I wash and clean the wound (this is not my first time cleaning a wound, lets just say)...Okay, think....tetanus booster was 2004. good --under 10 years --- but I'm probably gonna need another one....good news is, the urgent care doc calls me back to say "no worries, tomorrow is soon enough". Oh boy, that shot will freeze up my deltoid muscle for a few days. arrgh.

The fun never ends in Lucy Ricardo land. <_<

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6338 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Here's one for you....I go outside to rescue a chipmunk who has caught himself up in the netting around the blueberry bushes

that is there to keep the birds away.  He has gotten the netting wrapped around his neck and his legs--like he is hogtied.

And he is squealing like mad.

I go back inside, grab scissors & run  (I know, I know ) and get him partly undone, but it is a terrible mess of tangled webbing and it's choking the poor thing. Okay. I can do this.

I have to cut the ones that are wrapped around his neck somehow. Not easy. there are several plus his feet are bound...and he's wriggling like mad.

I work as quickly as I can, but he keeps doubling his body over into a ball. Just as I almost get the feet done, the little shit bites me

on the left index finger!

Breaks the skin, too . He hobbles towards the back --the forest area...me, chasing like a dope because I want to help this little thing.

I grab him again...NOW I put the stupid glove on (duh!) and I get the legs almost undone...it was an epic struggle to get this thing to hold still, but I can't get the one around his neck cut before he bolts into the woods.

.....where I am forbidden to go because I just got the tick bite and the rash.

I could never catch him anyway..he's gone in a flash. I start to cry because I am sure he will not live with that around his neck. I almost had it... damn.

Hubs is headed for the golf course and his phone is off ( an hour away) so I relay a message to his pal to have him call me.

I am an hour away from the urgent care center and my doc is on vacation....so, I wash and clean the wound (this is not my first time cleaning a wound, lets just say)...Okay, think....tetanus booster was 2004. good --under 10 years --- but I'm probably gonna need another one....good news is, the urgent care doc calls me back to say "no worries, tomorrow is soon enough". Oh boy, that shot will freeze up my deltoid muscle for a few days. arrgh.

The fun never ends in Lucy Ricardo land. <_<

I am laughing my ass off....sure wish you hadn't got bit....but you running with scissors after this poor little dude is a visual I will not soon forget!

Thank you for sharing!!! 

Sure hope the shot doesn't lock you up too much -- darn that wild life is keeping you hopping - literally -- just imagine how quiet your life will be in Florida -- you may need to be thinking about joining the Marine Rescue Unit -- only partially kidding...you'd be great at it :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6339 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Look on the bright side, at least chipmunks aren't a rabies risk. So, it could be worse I guess.

And yes, the visual of you running across your yard with scissors is quite hilarious. I needed a laugh today. :lol: (Not just because it is a bad day, but because I'm at the end of a book I've read before and I know what happens and I'm about to lose a very dear friend... it doesn't become any less heart wrenching no matter how many times I read it. I'll cry like a baby and I'm putting it off as if that will save him.)

My husband brought home some cheddar bacon bratwurst last night that he wants tonight. So, that is for him. I have no idea what I'm having. With the kind of day I'm having I may just grill a burger and some lettuce. Just... one of those. <_< :angry: :wacko: I shoulda stayed in bed.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6340 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

wish I had a video of me trying to wrestle that chipmunk and saying "come on little dude, I am trying to help you... fah cryin out loud!

my Bostonian comes out when I am all agitated.

of course, I wish I had video of me rescuing the chiipmunk my Maeve (previous cat) had in her mouth in OUR LIVING ROOM (that chipmunk's eyes were the size of saucers)LOL  ..or the many birds that flew inside or the bat I caught in the fly swatter and brought outside while 2 men stood there quaking in their boots...or when I yelled at the bear on my front porch who had my bird feeder in his paws (but first, I got the camera and snapped his pic!)...or the neighbor's herd of cows who came to graze on my lawn...or the neighbor's horses we drove home by whipping the dog's leashes in the air like a cowboy...all the way up the road..or the time I held up a snake to show my Mom and she almost fainted....lots of adventures here in paradise. Gonna miss it.

But, they have a sea turtle rescue and a marine wildlife center down there that needs volunteers ..... :) 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6341 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

I was typing when you were typing, sorry Addy...and  ((hugs)) 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6342 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

When my oldest daughter was 6 she chased me around my mother's yard with a snake. I was probably shrieking like a little girl, all I actually remember was the panic. I ran in the house and my mother forbid her to bring the snake in the house. What is up with little girls and snakes? EWWW!!!!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6343 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

You're really digging the emoticon thinger, aren't ya babes/? LOL

Perhaps just a little...

big-smile.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6344 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Too hot to cook inside.  I almost wish there was still some snow left to roll around in!

snow-angle.gif

Since there isn't, we are grilling:

Juiper-Brined Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Apple Glaze and Apple Chips

Baked then Mashed Mango Whisky Sweet Potatoes

Apple Cider Vinegar et. al. Slaw

Blueberries (aren't grilling those tiny suckers!)

sweating-2.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6345 ryann14

ryann14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

We had chicken parm and steamed green beans with almonds.

I love chicken parn, I don't know if I want to make my own breadcrumbs or what. Feel free to give me any suggestions if you have anybody

Too hot to do any cooking in or outside, I might make a chicken, pizza with some bacon. Or do a beef taco with refriened beans.

I am four months into living gluten free. When the doctor first told me I have celiac he said it takes time for the small intestine to heal. Can anybody elaborate on this?

Thanks guys! You all are amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: