9633 replies to this topic

#6346 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

You guys have some really cute stories!! :) We had chicken wings, rice and some veggies!! I cannot remember what veggies tho!! Thats stupid!! Ohh well it is almost bed time... 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6347 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,314 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

You guys have some really cute stories!! :) We had chicken wings, rice and some veggies!! I cannot remember what veggies tho!! Thats stupid!! Ohh well it is almost bed time...

Oh yes, W8! We are very cute!

Hub said he would be home and grill. Asked 17 yr old....." I don't care. It s all good". 20 yr old " burgers!". So we had burgers - we mix the very lean hamburger with BBQ sauce. Then really good corn on the cob - peel, butter and wrap in foil & grill. Ore Ida crinkle fries in the oven! Forgot I was going to put carrot sticks on everyone's plate!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6348 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

The fun never ends in Lucy Ricardo land. <_<

HOLY KRAP!  lolz you are killin' me!  (ya know, those chipmunk things are at the bottom of the food chain.  hawks and owls are high-fiving....)  what a funny story, irish - but don't be too heartbroken - there's probably 30 more waiting for their shot at the blueberry bush ;)

snow-angle.gif

Since there isn't, we are grilling:

Juiper-Brined Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Apple Glaze and Apple Chips

Baked then Mashed Mango Whisky Sweet Potatoes

Apple Cider Vinegar et. al. Slaw

Blueberries (aren't grilling those tiny suckers!)

sweating-2.gif

sweet potatoes?  whisky?  you always pique my 'foodie' interest, love2!

I love chicken parn, I don't know if I want to make my own breadcrumbs or what. Feel free to give me any suggestions if you have anybody

Too hot to do any cooking in or outside, I might make a chicken, pizza with some bacon. Or do a beef taco with refriened beans.

I am four months into living gluten free. When the doctor first told me I have celiac he said it takes time for the small intestine to heal. Can anybody elaborate on this? 

Thanks guys! You all are amazing

breadcrumbs are easy (but not cheap loolz - i must be celebrating hubs' b-day too much tonight with crappy redbridge lolz i keep chickening out of the wine spritzer idea!

i use the bread ends from udi's or rudi's or even bread i didn't like because of the texture or whatever, i will save and just dry out in the oven a little, then zip them around in the mini-choppa.  if i want panko-ish breadcrumbs, i don't dry out the bread very much, get them to the choppa!  <see what i did there, a little arnie humor yuk yuk  ^_^ )  they will chop a little bigger because they're still a little moist then i put them back in the oven on a sheet pan for a few minutes till they're dried.  i am the queen of improvise lolz if i can't make it, i can fake it   ;)

ps - i have also bought gluten-free breadcrumbs but they were 'wierd' - like one kind was all ground up seeds and whatnot, one kind was very obviously 'corny', etc, but depending on what you're making, some of these might work for different recipes.  i like plain jane from gluten-free bread - then i can add whatever i want (italian seasoning, garlic, whatever) depending on what i'm shooting for :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6349 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh yes, W8! We are very cute!

Hub said he would be home and grill. Asked 17 yr old....." I don't care. It s all good". 20 yr old " burgers!". So we had burgers - we mix the very lean hamburger with BBQ sauce. Then really good corn on the cob - peel, butter and wrap in foil & grill. Ore Ida crinkle fries in the oven! Forgot I was going to put carrot sticks on everyone's plate!

don't ya love that?  what do y'all want for dinner????????  no matter how many warm bodies were in the house, the answer was always:

FOOD.

what kind of food???????????

THE KIND YOU EAT.

at least you got a pretty good idea lolz - maybe i should ask your 20 what he wants then make it here hahahahaaa!!   :)

edited to add:  did you ever grill the corn right in the husks?  we trim them (pull off dry outer husks, cut off top silk)  soak them (sometimes) in water or salt water, (sometimes not) and put them right on the grill.  so sweet, delicious and juicy you don't need any butter or salt.  just peel and eat  :)  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6350 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Irish, you'll have plenty of critters in Florida, but you won't need to rescue chipmunks!!  (You can grow blueberries though!)

I made red beans and rice with lots of veggies in the pressure cooker.  Served that over rice with grilled bratwurst and salad.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6351 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Lively thread 2night!!! It is 10pm and I just climbed outta the pool...um ya turns out a pool was not a want but a need for this sorry little body.  Been floating and doing different little exercises on adorable little floaties purchase for the shortest members of the fam all afternoon / evening -- seems I do okay when I don't have to be the 'fish outta water' ;)

Food...meat was defrosted for the next couple of nights -- was thinking simple baked chicken with whole carrots simmered with butter and agave or brown sugar and sweet potatoes earlier.....hubs took pity on his silly froggy wife and provided a wonderful meal that was pretty close to plan....

Hubs, sons had steak, baked potato and sweet buttery carrots

Sis had pork chop with baked potato

Me -- I had steak, pork chop, sweet potatoes, and sweet buttery carrots

no dessert for anyone this eve...as i jumped back in my safe zone.

if you lost track....that means the pork and steak planned for the weekend is now cooked...and we will be having chicken manana...night-night all.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6352 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

oops...forgot the corn...yep we do and have done the in the husks...especially on the beach :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6353 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

don't ya love that?  what do y'all want for dinner????????  no matter how many warm bodies were in the house, the answer was always:

FOOD.

what kind of food???????????

THE KIND YOU EAT.

at least you got a pretty good idea lolz - maybe i should ask your 20 what he wants then make it here hahahahaaa!!   :)

edited to add:  did you ever grill the corn right in the husks?  we trim them (pull off dry outer husks, cut off top silk)  soak them (sometimes) in water or salt water, (sometimes not) and put them right on the grill.  so sweet, delicious and juicy you don't need any butter or salt.  just peel and eat   :)

We don't do corn that way.  This way is yummy and easy and its "The way we have always done it!".   :blink: 

I'll give you J's phone number.  But don't call for dinner ideas - phones are not for talking.  Please text!

I had a friend that got so tired of her kids saying "food" when asked what they wanted to eat, she served them bird food.

cute-blue-bird-laughing-smiley-emoticon.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6354 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Meanwhile, your friend Irish was crying like a baby over that stupid chipmunk who ( & the hubs has pointed this out 47 times) is probably fine,.if he scampered off, I must have gotten him loose enough. 

Thanks, Ski for the extra hugs via email. :wub:

I get very emotional about wounded animals, regardless of their place on the food chain. I even take bugs outside rather than squash. I know, I'm a dork.

Tonight is looking like mixed grille.

He gets sausages (the local butcher makes these awesome ones) and I get salmon (YUM!)

assorted veggies: zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, eggplant

and now, because you have all mentioned it...

corn.! (and have tried it on the grill...I don't like it.)

I still shuck, boil for 4 mins. and put butter, salt and pepper on it.

I'm old school when it comes to corn.

The local farm has fantastic strawberries right now, so I may have a few of those, (just a few)

but first, this morning......Lucy has to go get her tetanus booster <_<

crying-girl.gif

Happy Saturday all!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6355 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Doing this today.

mopping-smiley-emoticon.gif

cleaner-smiley-emoticon.gif

santa-dance.gif

#6356 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Doing this today.

mopping-smiley-emoticon.gif

cleaner-smiley-emoticon.gif

...and this is what I am doing this very moment!

chips.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6357 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Tonight we are having:

Grilled (and brined) pork tenderloin with a gingery plum glaze

Shrimp fried rice

Japanese cucumber salad

Strawberries with aceto balsamico tradizionale de Modena and black pepper

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6358 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Doing this today.

cleaner-smiley-emoticon.gifthis is me....other guy was too happy

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6359 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Tonight we are having:

Grilled (and brined) pork tenderloin with a gingery plum glaze

Shrimp fried rice

Japanese cucumber salad

Strawberries with aceto balsamico tradizionale de Modena and black pepper

plum glaze recipe please :D

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6360 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

cleaner-smiley-emoticon.gifthis is me....other guy was too happy

cleaner-smiley-emoticon.gif this is me, too....! why, we're all a bunch of cleaner-uppers today....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: