IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

napsmileyff~0.gif  this is what I did all afternoon

that's what my cat Bella did,  too.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6363 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

that's what my cat Bella did,  too.

So I guess I was either a bum or a cat today. :lol:

Tonight is burgers and fries and some sort of vegetable-y type of thing.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6364 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

My boyfriend (tonight anyway, vs. roommate) made an awesome smoked chicken.  We had that with Vodka & tonic, baked potatoes and I have forgotten what else, but dark chocolate for desert. :wub: 

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6365 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

My boyfriend (tonight anyway, vs. roommate) made an awesome smoked chicken.  We had that with Vodka & tonic, baked potatoes and I have forgotten what else, but dark chocolate for desert. :wub: 

I guess we can see why he's your BF tonight! :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6366 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Smoked Chicken yummy!! We had shish ka bobs!! :) On the barbie :) it was very good!! We had pork and dearborn sausage with purpl onion and yellow and orange bell peppers, also some shrimp and Rice :) Hubbs made some gravy and forgot about Celiac! :( butthats ok the rest was wonderful except the rice I bought isn't very good!! Hubbs liked it!! But not me!! 

Also I didn't know till today that Country Crock had Whey in it!! Yesterday I didn't put any in my rice because of it! This morning hubbs made me some eggs , guess what he used??? Yup you got it!! Ihave to pitch it and get butter! Ughhh It hasn't affected me as of yet!! I am sure tomorrow I will feel it!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6367 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Smoked Chicken yummy!! We had shish ka bobs!! :) On the barbie :) it was very good!! We had pork and dearborn sausage with purpl onion and yellow and orange bell peppers, also some shrimp and Rice :) Hubbs made some gravy and forgot about Celiac! :( butthats ok the rest was wonderful except the rice I bought isn't very good!! Hubbs liked it!! But not me!! 

Also I didn't know till today that Country Crock had Whey in it!! Yesterday I didn't put any in my rice because of it! This morning hubbs made me some eggs , guess what he used??? Yup you got it!! Ihave to pitch it and get butter! Ughhh It hasn't affected me as of yet!! I am sure tomorrow I will feel it!! 

whey is gluten free. It's a dairy by-product. . 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6368 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

I think butter might have Whey in it, too? If you can't do dairy?

I guess they don't use the whey part in regular butter but it is used to give a buttery taste to things:

"Whey cream and butter[edit]
Cream can be skimmed from whey. Whey cream is more salty, tangy, and “cheesy” than ("sweet") cream skimmed from milk, and can be used to make whey butter. Whey cream and butter are suitable for making butter-flavoured food, as they have a stronger flavour of their own. They are also cheaper than sweet cream and butter."

LTES

#6369 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

Took out some sirloin for dinner. Figure out the rest later...Not much of an appetite.

I have a fever, really stiff and sore joints and awful nausea. Like I have 
been hit by a truck. 

Apparently, (according to the doc & the CDC pamphlet he gave me)
1 in 100 adults get this reaction after a tetanus/pertussis shot.
dang, why do I have to be the 1? 
stoopid chipmunk. I just got over the antibiotic's side effects from the tick bite.

I need to get the hell out of here before something else bites me!!  

:huh:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6370 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Rest up and feel better IH -- no playing with critters for a few days up there!!!

Well last few days have been flare in the PM with the exception of floating in my kiddie pool until 10pm...guess my childhood nickname is back for the summer -- I was dubbed "Dolphin" by one of the best men I knew back in our old hood.  They had the neighborhood pool situated down in the canyon away from the house -- thus became the pool we all hung out in...looking back Mr. Dahl was a saint -- I was four or five and not quite water safe yet and would not get out of the pool no matter how nice he asked -- boy I owe him big time and his little "Dolphin" is back to hours on end in the pool this year.

So this morning I went a shorter distance on the bike before the sun cleared the marine layer and will try to keep it to short rides until I know I'm not flaring in the eves.  It is RAIN CHECK day -- Hubs and I are hitting the nice Fish Restaurant for lunch as we have tried the last few nights and I am just not date material in the evening.  Sunday Dinner is here as usual but the meat is on Pops in honor of the Anniversary -- so I'm thinking Surf and Turf -- Rib Eyes with Garlic Butter Shrimp :)

The Whey thing got me a few times during my early days when my eyes were crossed and blurry from tears in the grocery store aisles -- it sure sounds like it would have gluten -- I stick with butter regardless -- always have even when we were more broke than right now -- grew up on Imperial Margarine and never liked it -- so when I moved out I switched to real butter -- yum :wub:

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6371 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm supposed to be making chicken for supper, but after my hour getting mint I totally forgot to get chicken from the freezer before I came to get my wits back. Yes, between my two mint plants that have definitely become bushes, it took an hour to get them both down to regular plant size again. I think I can double my fudge recipe and have leftover Moroccan mint. I'm using the strawberry mint to make mint chocolate chip ice cream tomorrow. I'm super excited about that.

So, I suppose I'll drag myself out to the garage and dig through the stupid freezer and find the chicken. I went with a friend last night on a first excursion gluten free shopping trip and may have bought a box of gluten free Annie's mac and cheese I have no business eating that I'll have with the chicken. I already spent an hour in the sun, what the heck is a little mac and cheese right? And some sort of veggie. I still have green beans in the freezer but I may resort to corn since I know I can force that down my husband's throat. (Even if it is really a grain, whatever, don't care.)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6372 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I scrapped the corn idea when I got to the kitchen. I remembered I have brussel sprouts in the fridge. Fresh and beautiful and just dying to be eaten. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them so I started poking around in there and remembered I have an eensy bit of loose sausage from the other day. I fried about a tablespoon of that, threw in some olive oil and put in my sprouts, cut in half. And just left them. When they were all golden I tossed some diced onion on them and enough salt to choke a camel, threw a lid on and turned them off but left them on the burner til dinner was ready.

I swear... omg... they are the best thing I ever cooked in my life. I almost died of happiness eating them. And they took like seriously 20 minutes to make if I count the time I was deciding what to do with them!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6373 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

I had a steak potato and some veggies , we had justgotten back from our weekender so I just did simple :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6374 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

plum glaze recipe please :D

Of course! 

2/3 cup plum preserves

2 T hoisin sauce

2 T dry Sherry

1 T soy sauce

1 T peeled and grated fresh ginger  (do NOT use powdered!!)

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro (good without, too)

1/2 t crushed dried red chile

Combine all in blender, processor or glass jar.  Process til smooth. 

That's it!  As simple as it gets.  :)

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6375 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

We had Experimental Dinner. Rules of Exp. Dinner:
I make some recipes I have been wanting to try. They may have nothing to do with each other and make a strange meal. If you don't like it you don't have to eat it but you have to try everything. Constructive comments are encouraged.

Tonight's was a success! Everyone liked everything just the way it was. The ony suggestion was to use the chicken marinade on a pork chop.

We had:

Baked cheese & broccoli patties
Tasty Trashy Taters ( tater tot, cheddar, hot sauce, rolled in a piece of bacon, coated in brown sugar & baked)
Clinton Kelly's supreme pizza dippers using the new Pillsbury pizza dough
Daphne Oz's sweet and spicy wings
Michael Simons chocolate Carmel peanut bars
Ski Lisa recipe for Lemonies ( made extra glaze, poked holes in the " cake" and then poured it on. We LOVE lemon))

4 of these recipes came from the TV show The Chew! I have had great luck with them.

LTES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: