#6376 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

We had Experimental Dinner. Rules of Exp. Dinner:
I make some recipes I have been wanting to try. They may have nothing to do with each other and make a strange meal. If you don't like it you don't have to eat it but you have to try everything. Constructive comments are encouraged.

Tonight's was a success! Everyone liked everything just the way it was. The ony suggestion was to use the chicken marinade on a pork chop.

We had:

Baked cheese & broccoli patties
Tasty Trashy Taters ( tater tot, cheddar, hot sauce, rolled in a piece of bacon, coated in brown sugar & baked)
Clinton Kelly's supreme pizza dippers using the new Pillsbury pizza dough
Daphne Oz's sweet and spicy wings
Michael Simons chocolate Carmel peanut bars
Ski Lisa recipe for Lemonies ( made extra glaze, poked holes in the " cake" and then poured it on. We LOVE lemon))

4 of these recipes came from the TV show The Chew! I have had great luck with them.

This sounds like a blast...how fun would it be to potluck with this thread!!!

We had Lemonies tonight with vanilla ice cream...anyway you slice them...lemonies are firmly planted in the rotation :)

Hey....just notice my response of gratitude to L2T isn't there....freaking kindle is all i have next to the pool and sadly...between this sad little machine and me being drippy...things run a muck!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6377 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Of course! 

2/3 cup plum preserves

2 T hoisin sauce

2 T dry Sherry

1 T soy sauce

1 T peeled and grated fresh ginger  (do NOT use powdered!!)

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro (good without, too)

1/2 t crushed dried red chile

Combine all in blender, processor or glass jar.  Process til smooth. 

That's it!  As simple as it gets.  :)

You are my Queen....I bow to you....while I run off with all your great recipes ;)

Can't wait...going to do this according to spec for the fam and a small portion with the things I can eat...byb...I never used jarred ginger...fresh is best baby!!!!

Thanks again.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6378 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hi Dee Ho...not talking food....but one of my childhood pals...celiac from the get go although i didn't know as things weren't talked about just posted this fun beer pic....he hasn't tried either...but love the name!

https://fbcdn-sphoto...518821081_n.jpg

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6379 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Last night we had the steak....and saved the beautiful huge shrimp I purchased for tonight....someone posted a really easy way to do shrimp which involves a stick of butter -- sounds great -- that is what is for dinner with pasta of some sort and brussel sprouts -- kinda similar to Addie's -- except with BACON :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6380 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

http://beta.abc.go.c...o-Michael-Symon

I made the candy bar part of these last night!  They are soooo good! And easy to make.

Not sure about popcorn gelato tho.  :wacko: 

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6381 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

I scrapped the corn idea when I got to the kitchen. I remembered I have brussel sprouts in the fridge. Fresh and beautiful and just dying to be eaten. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them so I started poking around in there and remembered I have an eensy bit of loose sausage from the other day. I fried about a tablespoon of that, threw in some olive oil and put in my sprouts, cut in half. And just left them. When they were all golden I tossed some diced onion on them and enough salt to choke a camel, threw a lid on and turned them off but left them on the burner til dinner was ready.

I swear... omg... they are the best thing I ever cooked in my life. I almost died of happiness eating them. And they took like seriously 20 minutes to make if I count the time I was deciding what to do with them!

i make them with prosciutto, shallots and a little bit of balsamic vinegar - sometimes we go *crazy* and add a little dijon - depends on what else we're making - mmmmm!  mmmmmmmm!  loves me some sprouts :)  i used to just cook them whole (boil the crap out of them lolz) because my mother didn't like them so she never made them.  my ex-m.i.l. served them to me once and i was like WHAT are THESE ??  

i have ever sliced them and quick-fried them in butter s&p and they are yummz that way too.  i have seen them in salads, shredded, as well.  i bet a good dijon vinegarette and bacon bits, viola, side salad.  now i need brussel sprouts........   <_<

We had Experimental Dinner. Rules of Exp. Dinner:
I make some recipes I have been wanting to try. They may have nothing to do with each other and make a strange meal. If you don't like it you don't have to eat it but you have to try everything. Constructive comments are encouraged.

Tonight's was a success! Everyone liked everything just the way it was. The ony suggestion was to use the chicken marinade on a pork chop.

We had:

Baked cheese & broccoli patties
Tasty Trashy Taters ( tater tot, cheddar, hot sauce, rolled in a piece of bacon, coated in brown sugar & baked)
Clinton Kelly's supreme pizza dippers using the new Pillsbury pizza dough
Daphne Oz's sweet and spicy wings
Michael Simons chocolate Carmel peanut bars
Ski Lisa recipe for Lemonies ( made extra glaze, poked holes in the " cake" and then poured it on. We LOVE lemon))

4 of these recipes came from the TV show The Chew! I have had great luck with them.

stooooooop it......  did you shred the cheddar for the tots or slices of cheese - doooo telllll !!   :)   and how was the pillsbury dough is it in stores already????  i never check, as it is still just a mythical item lolz  :lol:   plus, i live in e.tn, where everything gets here 'eventually' - we always say:  if the world ends, we'll be good for another 2 years.  that's how long it'll take to get here!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6382 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Last night we had the steak....and saved the beautiful huge shrimp I purchased for tonight....someone posted a really easy way to do shrimp which involves a stick of butter -- sounds great -- that is what is for dinner with pasta of some sort and brussel sprouts -- kinda similar to Addie's -- except with BACON :)

I'm not allowed to have bacon in the house. Because I apparently have about as much self control as a toddler would if a cookie jar tipped over in front of them. I wanted to make them with bacon but figured that sausage would have to be a suitable substitute and just cooked it until it was itsy bitsy crispy crumbles. HAH! I showed it!

http://beta.abc.go.c...o-Michael-Symon

I made the candy bar part of these last night!  They are soooo good! And easy to make.

Not sure about popcorn gelato tho.  :wacko: 

I would totally make popcorn gelato. It sounds interesting and I'm up for just about anything once. I had other people doing too much in the kitchen yesterday to have enough space or feel comfortable, I have it all to myself today though so I'm getting to my chocolate chip mint today. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6383 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

i make them with prosciutto, shallots and a little bit of balsamic vinegar - sometimes we go *crazy* and add a little dijon - depends on what else we're making - mmmmm!  mmmmmmmm!  loves me some sprouts :)  i used to just cook them whole (boil the crap out of them lolz) because my mother didn't like them so she never made them.  my ex-m.i.l. served them to me once and i was like WHAT are THESE ??  

i have ever sliced them and quick-fried them in butter s&p and they are yummz that way too.  i have seen them in salads, shredded, as well.  i bet a good dijon vinegarette and bacon bits, viola, side salad.  now i need brussel sprouts........   <_<

stooooooop it......  did you shred the cheddar for the tots or slices of cheese - doooo telllll !!   :)   and how was the pillsbury dough is it in stores already????  i never check, as it is still just a mythical item lolz  :lol:   plus, i live in e.tn, where everything gets here 'eventually' - we always say:  if the world ends, we'll be good for another 2 years.  that's how long it'll take to get here!

Little tiny chunks of cheese.  I put my comments on the bacon thread with the "recipe"

the Pillsbury dough was just in the regular grocery with all the other refrigerated Pillsbury doughs.  I would have missed it but I was thinking about getting the boys a can of rolls.  The pizza dough is mainly tapioca so its chewy.  Worked well for the little balls.  All the additives make it easy to roll out and not sticky.  My older son suggested that they might make a nice donut type thing. Maybe apple pie filling cut small and cinnamon sugar on the outside.  Or cook the little balls with sugar on the outside and then "inject" jam or icing.

It has a very short expiration date. So use it quickly.

http://www.celiac.co...e-3#entry877582

Edited by kareng, 01 July 2013 - 08:49 AM.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6384 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

the tapioca-y-ness of the chebe pizza crust is why i didn't like it so i hope the pillsbury is not so much.  (filled with jam - yum - i love it that y'all play with your food, too :D  )

i was trying to stay off the bacon thread......  because i didn't want to o.d. - oh, well, at least i'll die with a big greasy smile on my face!!  ;)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6385 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

the tapioca-y-ness of the chebe pizza crust is why i didn't like it so i hope the pillsbury is not so much.  (filled with jam - yum - i love it that y'all play with your food, too :D  )

i was trying to stay off the bacon thread......  because i didn't want to o.d. - oh, well, at least i'll die with a big greasy smile on my face!!  ;)

The pie crust doesn't have tapioca. I am going to try it for something, probably not pie.

dancing-turkey.gif

#6386 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

oh, i'm dying to try it, just because it comes ready-made.  even if it sucks, i gotta try it at least once.  because it's there.....  :)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6387 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Chicken and asparagus. Mmm. Some things are classic combos for a reason :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6388 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Apparently I have given myself a very serious problem. I am now addicted to brussel sprouts, they're for dinner again. I threw together some scalloped taters. My husband wants his bratz which I can't possibly eat so I'll just have a burger.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6389 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

We had Tacos :) Oooopsi I for got about the seasoning and I ate it.. My tummy is bloated , I supposed tomorrow I will suffer huh? I am just not used to watching every label!! I hope it starts getting easier!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6390 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

We had Tacos :) Oooopsi I for got about the seasoning and I ate it.. My tummy is bloated , I supposed tomorrow I will suffer huh? I am just not used to watching every label!! I hope it starts getting easier!!

There could be flour in chili or taco seasoning. A few of them have flour and its labelled in the inbredients. i like Williams brand.

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: