9534 replies to this topic

#6391 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

We had the humongous shrimp and couldn't help adding bacon wrapped cheddar tots to the menu as somehow tater tots landed in my grocery cart this morning -- they ROCK -- everyone loved them -- thanks Karen :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6392 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

There could be flour in chili or taco seasoning. A few of them have flour and its labelled in the inbredients. i like Williams brand.

I didn't read the label!! It was some off brand.... I assume it was that! Not sure where eles it came from. I will have to remember everything I ate today. Just amazing how stuff effects me so fast!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6393 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

We had the humongous shrimp and couldn't help adding bacon wrapped cheddar tots to the menu as somehow tater tots landed in my grocery cart this morning -- they ROCK -- everyone loved them -- thanks Karen :)

Do they count as a vegetable?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6394 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Do they count as a vegetable?

Nope...they count as dessert ;)

We had carrots, zucchini and onion saute with our shrimp and tots.

oh and corn on the cob -- was kinda a jumble for everyone -- not sure how that happened.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6395 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I didn't read the label!! It was some off brand.... I assume it was that! Not sure where eles it came from. I will have to remember everything I ate today. Just amazing how stuff effects me so fast!! 

As time gluten-free increases...this can happen - sucks but does reinforce the need to become a really good label reader.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6396 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Needed to go to Home Depot to pick up some things. Got up super early to avoid the heat. Got home at 9:30 and it is already 80. There isn't really anything the low humidity can do for us with these temps, it is just too damn hot! Since this is an outdoor project that involves painting something, I suppose it'll have to wait until about sunset so I can go out and not melt.

I think we may have chicken for supper. Maybe... idk, its too hot to think. Maybe we'll just eat my ice cream we're freezing today. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6397 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

As time gluten-free increases...this can happen - sucks but does reinforce the need to become a really good label reader.

Yes!! It sure reinforced this label reader! Lol effects were not good , but I lived thru it!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6398 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yes!! It sure reinforced this label reader! Lol effects were not good , but I lived thru it!! :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Dinner tonight is seared Ahi -- or maybe grilled Salmon -- one will be lunch the other dinner

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6399 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Tonight!! :) Spaghetti!! I will find a gluten free sauce! :) probably pay way to much!! I usually make my own but Know I don't have any left pfftt!! So I will pay the price! I bought some gluten free noodles the other day :) We will see!! I will cook hubbs some regular noodles :) Have a great day everyone! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6400 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

In my experience most spaghetti sauces are gluten free. I always bought Classico because it doesn't taste like chemical crap. If you want to try something "exotic" Dave's has a nice butternut sauce, but it is rather expensive.

ETA: I shouldn't have conversations while typing. I type what I mean to say and say what I mean to type.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6401 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Tonight!! :) Spaghetti!! I will find a gluten free sauce! :) probably pay way to much!! I usually make my own but Know I don't have any left pfftt!! So I will pay the price! I bought some gluten free noodles the other day :) We will see!! I will cook hubbs some regular noodles :) Have a great day everyone! :)

Hon, the vast majority of bottled spaghetti sauce is gluten free as far as I know. It's tomatoes, basil, oregano.

Classico, Newman's Own,  etc.  Just look at the ingredient list and if you do not see wheat listed, you're good.

Still flagging a bit here so I am KISS.

Turkey burgers, roasted asparagus, mixed fruit salad.

Note to self:

Hullo? your body views some things as foreign invaders.

Antibiotics and vaccines make you really sick.

therefore, stop doing things that cause you to 

have to put that crap in your clean and for-once-in-your-life healthy body....CHECK!  ;)

I suppose I should be grateful it is defending me so vigorously??. LOL

Addy was also telling you this at the same time I was. Did not mean to "double team" you.   :)

PS. The heck with making two kinds of pasta. Make the gluten-free for everyone. No one can tell, I serve it to WE's all the time and they love it.

It's a "mental thing"--people think it's going to taste like crap.

Corn pasta is served in fine Italian restaurants and no one says a disparaging word. 

Start making your life easier and your chances of CC lower.

Edited by IrishHeart, 02 July 2013 - 10:21 AM.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6402 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

We like Newman's own marinara but most are gluten-free.  It about $2 at target or Walmart and close to $4 at the grocery. There might be one that has wheat, but I haven't found it.

I found its too hard to make both gluten-free and regular pasta at once.  Trying to keep the spoons separate, the colanders separate....it was too much work and anxiety.  We all just eat the gluten-free pasta.  no one cares.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6403 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Addy, am not forgetting to post ketchup recipes for you. Am finding this heat debilitating. All I do is a struggle. It is 40C or 104F (with humidex). Feeding Bingley ice cubes and keeping myself hydrated. How do people cope with this? It is dreadful and we have no A/C.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6404 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Note to self:

Hullo? your body views some things as foreign invaders.

Antibiotics and vaccines make you really sick.

therefore, stop doing things that cause you to 

have to put that crap in your clean and for-once-in-your-life healthy body....CHECK!  ;)

I suppose I should be grateful it is defending me so vigorously??. LOL

You just need to stop playing with all the critters. Lucys (Lucies? Luci?) and critters do not mix! :P

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6405 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

fyi - if i take a gluten 'hit' i can usually count on it hitting 2 days later.  i might feel a little 'puny' before i am sure but at 2 days i *know* what it was - you might want to journal your meals?  it helped me figure out where things were 'getting' me.  

my husband likes PREGO jarred sauce.  me?  not so much, but i give in every now and again - it's safe, too :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: