9581 replies to this topic

#6541 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Going with a Princess theme for Mom...she loves following the Royals....so I see a sparkly crown along with a "Princess Jacqueline of Cambridge" theme...thinking I'll get a little smile with a bit of eye twinkle from her -- been a very tough year...I am looking forward to that twinkly smile.

Dad's sponsoring top quality steak :)

Lots of veggies and a beautiful salad -- Mom's favs.

Saw a nice recipe for figs and brie in tortillas on FB....I'll try to make those for starters if time permits.

Drive Safe Irish!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6542 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Brown rice pasta, lamb, spring onions (what do you guys call those?), cucumber, tomatoes, avocado oil.

On the beach :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6543 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Brown rice pasta, lamb, spring onions (what do you guys call those?), cucumber, tomatoes, avocado oil.

On the beach :)

Jealous...food and beach...

Green onion?  Scallion?  what does a spring onion look like?

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6544 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

We were going to have tacos, but I had a rough day so the child had leftovers and I had wine.  Tacos for tomorrow night now.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6545 debrabenge

debrabenge

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm posting early today, because I have a feeling my day is going to get crazy.  My husband is going to grill some steaks, and I'm going to do baked potatoes, using my spin on this recipe-http://www.food.com/...-potatoes-58121, along with some steamed spinach. 

#6546 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Thai griled beef lettuce wraps. The marinade is brilliant - lots of tamarind, lime, etc. I made Nuoc Cham and will serve with julienned carrots and vermicelli.

The other day I made Caribbean spicy shrimp with pasta. Am loving coking from so many cultures and ethnic groups.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6547 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm posting early today, because I have a feeling my day is going to get crazy.  My husband is going to grill some steaks, and I'm going to do baked potatoes, using my spin on this recipe-http://www.food.com/...-potatoes-58121, along with some steamed spinach. 

yum

Peach Cake turned out great...

BRM Vanilla Cake mix

4 Eggs

1/2 cup Oil

4 peaches -- pureed

Mix well then I stirred in by hand another two peaches - chopped.

Butter/Cream Cheese Frosting -- next time I'll be adding peach puree to the frosting...I ran out of ripe peaches...so total peaches needed would be 8

added three drops yellow and one drop red food color to both the cake and frosting to brighten the peach color...but not necessary if you are avoiding food dyes

Tonight is either roast chicken or chicken enchiladas...not sure which yet.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6548 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Scallion sounds right, 6 to 8 inches, skinny and green with a small white bulb, great in stir fry.

Gamon steak, peas, egg, new potatoes, mushrooms.

At home tonight, but last few days have been dinner on the beach and late nights for kids. Trying for an early night, but it is mighty warm here now....
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6549 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

That peach cake sounds wonderful. I checked and I can totally do BRM vanilla cake mix. There are really good natural alternatives to food dyes if someone really cares what color the cake comes out. I'm sure it would be perfectly delicious no matter what color it is though. :)

I've got a sick husband today so I'm not sure what I'm doing for dinner. I may just be worrying about me which will probably turn into a burger and a veggie. I probably sound like a broken record with that, but hey... it's quick and easy beef. Which means quick and easy iron. Maybe if I find my inner spunk I'll work up to a meatloaf. Either way, I will be on the phone with the doctor before I'm supposed to take my afternoon iron pill and with any luck since my infusions are approved I'll not have to take it. Which means I'll be able to enjoy my dinner! :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6550 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Roller Coaster ride of a day today....we say final farewell to a good friend that lost his battle with cancer last week....going to be very hard on hubs and his buds ....

Then I do a quick change into comic con attire and hop the trolley to meet my son.....I have missed the past few years due to poor health .... so I am very excited...if there is wifi at the Convention Cntr I'll likely be online while waiting in lines...otherwise I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Oh dinner will be salmon jerky....z-noodles with cilantro sauce and almonds to munch on as needed.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#6551 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've always thought that comic con sounds like a load of fun... or at least used to. Not sure it hasn't outgrown itself. I had pale blue wrapping today after my iron infusion and my husband cracked a joke about how I could just wrap myself in the stuff as a comic con costume with my backpack so I could be Rainbow Dash. Frankly I think its brilliant. :D

We ended up spending most of yesterday afternoon in the ER for the hubs. Not a fun day. He is getting to feeling better, but isn't exactly himself yet. Not sure he'll be eating food yet today, so I may just be cracking a can of chicken soup for dinner for him if he feels up to something semi-foodish. That leaves me on my own again, I'm thinking zucchini something and that meatloaf I didn't get to last night because I got all tied up with other matters. (Zucchini "something" usually ends up meaning breaded and fried, which may not be exactly healthy but is delicious beyond words.)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6552 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sorry to break in but:

perfecto.gif

This is an important message from the Tiramisu Broadcast Network.  When a new and easy recipe for a Tiramisu style food is located, your thread will be interrupted.  This is not a test!.

http://www.bettycroc...11ae?sf513078=1

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6553 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

OMG I SAW THAT RECIPE!!! If it wasn't 96 FREAKING DEGREES outside I would have been tempted to run straight to the store for a cake mix. I'm sure my husband will break in later with how I don't have about half of the ingredients blah blah blah, and it'll cost a small fortune for a few cupcakes. (Something about how for the price of the ingredients we could feed a starving child for like 5 years or save the planet or something... but he has to live under the same roof with me, not starving children.) I'm also pretty sure I won't be listening. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6554 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I made mac and cheese. Its been quite some time since i had it.

I adore water melon and strawberries again. So good.

Spring onion is probably a scallion.

#6555 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

Me: Beer.

Child: curry and rice.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: