9534 replies to this topic

#6556 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

There is technically a wee difference between a spring onion and scallion but they are used interchangeably, sorta like yams and sweet potatoes. In fact, most stores and markets label either way.

Going to northern England tonight. I am making Bangers (local plump divine Cumberland sausages) in the oven with a caramelized onion red wine sauce to go with the Mash (whipped potatoes). Minted peas (will use one of my mints). Eton Mess sounds like a perfect finish.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6557 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

You'll need to head back down South for Eton :)

Rice, ground lamb, zucchini, mushroom, bell peppers, onion.

Just a few more days good weather before storms here, so will be making the most of it.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6558 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

You'll need to head back down South for Eton :)

Very true. We will make the time...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6559 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

That fried zucchini got pushed to tonight. My headache persisted enough that I simply wasn't up to more than taking care of a sick husband. There just wasn't anything energy or will left to worry about me. I know I ate something last night, but I don't remember what. I've got myself worn out all over again today. I thought my dad would drop my daughter off at her home, and head back to his. Instead he is in TX! Two states away and headed in my general direction. He hasn't said he is coming, but he may just meander on over to UT. So I'm sprucing up for a visit just in case. It has been a long time since I've seen him, and as unexpected as it would be I would be happy to see him.

Tonight is fried zucchini and a slice of ham. Ham and I can be friends as long as I don't try to be too friendly too often. I have a cantaloupe that is looking like it needs to be eaten sitting on the counter. A little of that with some vanilla ice cream will probably be dessert later.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6560 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm throwing a boneless turkey in the crockpot for dinner tonight. I'm hoping that my husband will feel up to eating finally. Its turkey so it should be easy enough on him that he can stand at least a little of it. I'm having some summer squash with onions and brown sugar for lunch and I'll probably just have leftovers of that for dinner. I'll probably see if he wants me to do some baked taters or something. More cantaloupes for dessert.

Its very quiet around here. I feel like I'm talking to myself... which is normal I guess. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6561 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Helloooo
You are not alone :)
I have a fantastic image in my head now of a boneless turkey trying to cross the yard...

6.30 here and no idea what is for dinner. I fear it will be after kids bedtime now. There is some steak in the fridge though.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6562 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm throwing a boneless turkey in the crockpot for dinner tonight. 

Its very quiet around here. I feel like I'm talking to myself... which is normal I guess. :D

i'm baaaaaaaack :)  sort of - trying to whoips together many piles of 'stuff' - i pack so carefully to leave the house, but when we return, we just chuck everything in the trunk and hope it makes it into the house lolz

addy - i am a 'toon-head - (not so much comic-con-ish, more like adult swim-ish)  if you ever watch 'squidbillies' i have visions of the one where dan halen genetically 'enhances' chickens for boneless wings.  it's disgustingly hilarious.....  i have a sick sense of humor....  ;)

Helloooo
You are not alone :)
I have a fantastic image in my head now of a boneless turkey trying to cross the yard...

these cartoon ones also secreted blue cheese dressing it was soooooo gross - like i said:  sick, right  (LOLOLLLLLLZ!!!!)  

tonight, we are having some sort of seafood (i am leaning toward bang bang shrimp 'knockoff' w/rice noodles and yellow squash)  but if i don't get my butt in gear, we will be having:  nothing lolz

o, and thanks you guys:  people think i'm a hand-creeper now   <_<  :P

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6563 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

OMG Adult Swim is hilarious! Because my husband grew up a city slicker and I grew up a farmer's daughter, he makes constant hillbilly jokes about my upbringing when Squidbillies comes on. And a good time is had by all. Well... all two of us. :D Have you ever noticed how things are about 6 times as hilarious at 2 in the morning when you're sleep deprived? *giggle* Some of the cartoons on there though will leave you with a feeling of wth did I just watch? :blink: And you're like whelp... that's 15 minutes I'll never get back. :lol:

We've got a two sick and twisted senses of humor in this house too. It always makes for fun times. Sometimes I can feel the eyerolls of young people around me when I crack a "that's what she said" before them, but mostly I think they're just jelly cause I said it first. :P There is no such thing as too old for that one.

So... my loving husband who is so generous and wonderful and shares everything with me? Yeah, he shared his stupid virus with me. Halfway through the afternoon I'm suddenly sick, nearly vomiting and I'll leave out the rest. There are some things spouses don't need to share. <_< This is what I get for being all lovey dovey and taking care of him. I should have quarantined him and told him to keep a 10 foot perimeter. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6564 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

I'm having trouble eating lately so the poor child is getting all sorts of random things and not following the menu plan.  Tonight it was the same as last night because I put some aside for my lunch and didn't eat it so didn't cook tonight and reheated that for her.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6565 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

OMG Adult Swim is hilarious! Because my husband grew up a city slicker and I grew up a farmer's daughter, he makes constant hillbilly jokes about my upbringing when Squidbillies comes on. And a good time is had by all. Well... all two of us. :D Have you ever noticed how things are about 6 times as hilarious at 2 in the morning when you're sleep deprived? *giggle* Some of the cartoons on there though will leave you with a feeling of wth did I just watch? :blink: And you're like whelp... that's 15 minutes I'll never get back. :lol:

We've got a two sick and twisted senses of humor in this house too. It always makes for fun times. Sometimes I can feel the eyerolls of young people around me when I crack a "that's what she said" before them, but mostly I think they're just jelly cause I said it first. :P There is no such thing as too old for that one.

So... my loving husband who is so generous and wonderful and shares everything with me? Yeah, he shared his stupid virus with me. Halfway through the afternoon I'm suddenly sick, nearly vomiting and I'll leave out the rest. There are some things spouses don't need to share. <_< This is what I get for being all lovey dovey and taking care of him. I should have quarantined him and told him to keep a 10 foot perimeter. :lol:

we are the opposite:  i was comfy hanging out in nyc and he was one'a them thar sussex county boys - half the time he thinks i jest ain't right.  the other half he is laughing hysterically with me at terrible humor.  (new business idea:  butcher/bar named BUTCHAHOLIC - where you can come in and pick up dinner.  you can have 2 beers at the bar, then you gotta 'take a break!  and buy a steak!'  or Get Out.  if you buy a steak, you can have 2 more beers.  then, 'take a break!  and buy a steak!'  etc....  potatoes are free, but you have to catch them.  if you miss one, you're out.  then when you get home, your wife counts your steaks and potatoes and decides if you're gonna get lucky or not LOLZ   "what?!!  3 steaks and only 2 potatoes????  you lousy s,o.b......  "  hahaha!  

the moral of this story is:  if your husband is sick, send him to butchaholic - if he can't catch potatoes, you can't catch his virus   :P

I'm having trouble eating lately so the poor child is getting all sorts of random things and not following the menu plan.  Tonight it was the same as last night because I put some aside for my lunch and didn't eat it so didn't cook tonight and reheated that for her.

awwh!  everybody feel better   :(

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6566 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

who's got two thumbs and singlehandedly kills a 438 page thread ?  <this girl>

so, in an effort of redemption, here is some chocolate:

Attached File  imagejpeg_2 (35).jpg   162.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  imagejpeg_3 (33).jpg   197.57KB   0 downloads

my nephew works at a chocolate place in the mall (starts with a 'g', ends with 'odiva') and at the end of the evening, they can't sell the stuff they have leftover.  so, every night we got a giant bag o'goodness :)

edited to add:  having crackers and swiss cheese w/yummy fresh cherries and i hope howlnmad isn't paying attention (because he will tell me that is not dinner....)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6567 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Crackers and cheese and fruit and chocolate? Sounds like dinner to me!

I suppose tonight we're going to eat the rest of that boneless turkey thinger. I can make some gravy and smash some taters and maybe find something resembling a veggie somewhere. I still have a zucchini in the fridge.

I had to do some errands today and it was 97 when I got home at 5 which means it was probably hotter earlier. I just want to melt into bed and skip dinner but I know that would be bad for me. I got some meh news from the eye doctor to take with me to my doctor on Thursday. And I got a golden honeydew to cut up tomorrow. Plus some cucumbers to make into fridge pickles for my husband, and I may sneak a few because I have the self restraint of a toddler apparently. :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6568 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Most day I pick just a few little yellow cherry tomatoes off my plants. Yesterday I picked a dozen or so! So tonight I had pizza. I had gotten a sample pack of crusts from Venice Bakery from their gluten free friend promo and used those up. I made one into cheese bread with garlic and fresh mozzarella. I roasted my tomatoes until the popped, mushed them up and put them on the other two with fresh garlic, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella. Then... I ate all three. :ph34r: They're 5 inch crusts! I'm not a super pig, just a regular one. pig-th.png

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6569 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

We had oven baked French fries and sweet tater fries with a couple of dippers, ketchup and ranch dressing.  Mangoes for dessert.

Last night I made "Get Rid of it Soup"... all the veggies in the refrigerator, chopped, braised, cooked with lentils, water. smoked chicken, some spices..  I never knew radishes would be so good in soup! 

I'm happy because I froze six servings of it, so I'll have something to eat when I don't feel like cooking (or eating) food that I'm not sure is safe.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6570 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

We had a stir-fry tonight, 2 containers put into the freezer for another night.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: