9633 replies to this topic

#6631 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

My tomatoes did get roasted though so I'm all set to come home tomorrow from my IV nonsense, pop my bacon in the oven and get all set to have a toasty BLT and put myself to bed for the afternoon. 

what iv thing  :o

tonight is the last night with my daughter and my sweet grandsons so we made:

crab stuffed jalapen0s wrapped in BACONNNN

herb crusted shrimp

caprese salad <sort of - tomatoes with PROVOLONE (running with scissors, i know....) and i made a lemon basil dressing

rice noodles for the faint of heart

i am having the wickedest craving for a wendy's frosty - i has an ice cream maker..................................  just need the key ingredient:  ambition...............   :P

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6632 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

My stupid iron infusions. I was so excited about them when it meant I wouldn't be sick every day for however long, and I am still thrilled that I have this option over the pills don't get me wrong... it's just... ugh. I hate the headache for a whole day nonsense.

You made me want a Frosty now. There isn't anything in them I can't have. Shouldn't maybe, but can't no. :D It is far easier to find the ambition to buy one when you're already leaving the house.

I'm leaving the house to do things. Would someone please come take the scissors away from this woman before she hurts herself. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6633 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Would someone please come take the scissors away from this woman before she hurts herself. :lol:

well, we know it's best if I do not have them in my hands.... :lol:

Terrible migraine last night and today, shoulder pain, just ugly...why does this happen? whothehellknows!

Going to see the PT/MT and see if she can work her magic and get me out of spasm. errg.

So tonight's dinner will be as simple as it gets,

Bison patties with garlic mayo maybe

sweet potato fries

corn on the cob (told you guys--I'm eating it every other day until it goes out of season!)

J's tomatoes have blight (stoopid rain) and he is totally bumming about it  (my herbs are okay) so we got a few from the nearby farm.

Just luscious. I can only have a few bites at a time.

um, what's a Frosty? a thick ice cream shake thinger?  I am sure I will like---if you two like it so much.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6634 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

here is a recipe from the interwebs - i found others on there if you're a fan of cool whip (i am not) that might be easier and isn't cool whip non-dairy?  my kids dip their french fries in them.  this recipe is not very dairy friendly, i'm afraid  :(  but i'll bet y'all are clever enough to sub in non-offending ingredients  :)

Homemade Chocolate Frosty
Makes 1 quart

2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup (4 ounces) chocolate syrup
1 (7 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Whisk together the milk, chocolate syrup, and condensed milk, and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks just begin to form. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Pour the chocolate milk mixture into the bowl of the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions (about 15 - 20 minutes in my Cuisinart). Once the ice cream is thick, turn the maker off, remove the paddle, and fold in the chilled whipped cream until it is completely incorporated.

Serve immediately, or transfer to a covered, freezer-safe container and freeze. (If freezing, let ice cream soften a few minutes before serving; you want it to be the consistency of a milkshake.)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6635 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think it will have to be some kind of chicken thinger. Not much brain power today...

I am off to Google snickerdoodle in the name of international cultural understanding :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6636 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Snickerdoodle = cinnamon sugar cookie

So to make my limited diet sound more fun to me....I come up with silly names.

Doing a lot of mind tricks to make my food more interesting while I hang with the ubber safe foods.....ive had spiraled sweet potatoes for three days straight....but one day white...one day orange....and last night was bright purple fried in coconut oil then tossed in tiny brussel sprouts and cubed chicken...was pretty and tasty ... and also became my breakfast today.

Irish.... :(

Feel better soon and so sorry about Hub's Tomatoes - big bummer.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6637 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

I don't have an ice cream maker... so going to Wendy's is just far easier for me. And yes, dipping fries in a Frosty is positively awesome! Utah is one of the first states to be getting complete remodels on all of our Wendy's (to my understanding) and they are all getting those fancy touch screen Coke soda fountains with over 100 flavor combos. We mosey in a few times a year now just to get sodas we can't get anywhere else. And yes, they're like a milkshake only way way awesomer.

Sorry about the blight and the shoulder. :(

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6638 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

James Beard's traditional meatloaf but am making a luscious red wine chanterelle glaze
Smashed chive potatoes
Grilled zucchini with lemon juice, herbs and feta
Apple crisp encore
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6639 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

Sorry about the blight and the shoulder. :(

and now, (because of course, there has to be something else) I've got the mother of all sore throats. wth? I never get this kind of sick crap. waaa

Hey, can someone please  come over and make me a Frosty thinger and some snickerdoodles..?? cuz I'm pretty sure .those would make my throat feel better ^_^ ugh, back to the chair to vegetate like a zombie. 

Love2

I would also force some apple crisp down my throat, too :) if there were enough encores to share, I mean.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6640 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Sorry. The nurse at the IV place yesterday told me I have a fever and the everything else came with it later. Maybe you should have scanned that email for viruses.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6641 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Sorry. The nurse at the IV place yesterday told me I have a fever and the everything else came with it later. Maybe you should have scanned that email for viruses.

I'd laugh but it hurts to jiggle. 

Gimme a Frosty. STAT

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6642 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

I told my husband we're having gnocchi tonight. All he knows is that I needed potatoes to make it, he really has no idea what it is. All he said was "I'm not sure if I'll like it or not." My bet is on not, but whatever. That just means more for me!

I trimmed one of the mint bushes this morning, had the sense this time to bring it in the house to do it. After everything I cut is dry and into a jar and marinating in vodka I'll move on to the next one. Two more mint plants to go, although I think I'll use the pineapple mint to make some fruit salads with. Or, at least as much of it as is reasonable. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6643 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

i leave you alone for FIVE MINUTES............!  ih:  lyme disease?  check.  rodent bite?  check.  tetanus shot?  check.  shoulder owie?  check.  migraine?  check.  and now..  what ugh how many things are left??!!  feel better, miss-we're-gonna-hafta-wrap-you-in-bubble-wrap.  and all that lawnmower racing is bad for your shoulder owie.  just sayin'

i have NO CLUE what's for dinner.  addyy, make me some gnocchi mmmmmm fried up in browned butter and sage...  that might be an idea.  still pickling/canning/o crap, i said i would do the beets today.  my kitchen is going to be a pretty shade of pink  :wub:

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6644 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

oooh, ooh....i want gnocchi too....waaa waaaa those should slide right down.

Hubs has gone to Saratoga to see the horses without me (yes, he felt bad leaving me, but not enough to stay home) 

We'll be having pizza when he gets home, I think. Maybe.

I am eating root beer popsicles right now :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6645 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

oooh, ooh....i want gnocchi too....waaa waaaa those should slide right down.

Hubs has gone to Saratoga to see the horses without me (yes, he felt bad leaving me, but not enough to stay home) 

We'll be having pizza when he gets home, I think. Maybe.

I am eating root beer popsicles right now :)

omg my husband does this too! He'll be all I feel bad that you can't X. Then he'll just do it without me, so he obviously didn't feel that bad! :lol:

I had mango chile popsicles to feel better. Its amazing how you turn into a kid again when you're sick. :) I had pizza last night. We went to the farmers market that is in a large shopping center which also happens to be home to my favorite pizza place. He wanted pizza so he got me pizza so he wouldn't have to feel guilty. I was not complaining. :D

I may have also gotten a fat artichoke, some purple cauliflower, fresh peaches and blackberries and I don't remember what else. But none of that was as noteworthy as pizza.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: