8840 replies to this topic

#6661 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Plain yellow corn--they call it  "cattle feed " here--blech.

that's what we had last night!  cattle feed   <_<  ugh - we grew up in northern nj and we are used to the silver queen, too :)  yummmz !  they have good 'butter & sugar" here, but you hafta *catch* it or know a good farm stand.  last night's corn just stayed at a holiday inn.....

and we had burgers, pot cheese, half sour pickles and the above named corn poser  :(

i have pork marinating for chinese pork - sesame onion pancakes, ginger dipping sauce and i has brussels sprouts  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6662 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Corn poser (snort) :lol:

corn wannabe

cornimitator

"con corn"

Brussels sprouts-dang, those are tasty lil things, aren't they?

Looks like bison stuffed peppers tonight.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6663 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Last iron infusion day. YAY! Feeling like hell, but have absolutely can not be put off things to do this afternoon so while I'm out anyway I'm picking up a Costco chicken. (I was going to Costco anyway cause their sale on San Pellegrino starts today, my husband just keeps rolling his eyes at me and my water preferences.) We'll grab some corn out of the yard to have with it and maybe stop at a farm stand or something and pick up a melon too.

I talked to the garden center I like to shop at and they actually have bi-color corn. So, if I want good corn after we exhaust our little backyard plot I just have to drive to the other side of town for it. Super bonus, they do the whole organic thing there so I don't have to worry about anything worse than the occasional worm. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6664 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

. Super bonus, they do the whole organic thing there so I don't have to worry about anything worse than the occasional worm. :D

worms are gluten free!  :D

glad you are done with your infusions, addy :)  i just went to the doc yesterday - the girl called today and said my blood is super incredibly good - i am so dang happy :):):)  

she said she never saw 'good' cholesterol as high as mine (91!)  

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6665 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Last night we had breakfast for supper. Pancakes, eggs and bacon. My husband love love loves my pancakes and keeps requesting them. Last time I made them there were two left and when I went and had them later that night as a snack he whined about it a little that there were none left for him. This time I made sure there were enough left to feed him breakfast so there would be no whining. :lol:

Today he forgot to take one of his insulins with him to work, so I had to drive it up to him. Have I ever mentioned that I don't have air conditioning? The heat and I did not make fast friends on the drive so dinner will be frozen burgers and fresh corn. If I can find any extra ambition there will be onion rings. There is some greek yogurt in the fridge and we have fresh strawberries and blueberries so that will make dessert, strawberries for him and blueberries for me, probably with honey drizzled on it because... why not?

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6666 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Homemade pasta with poached shrimp in white wine garlic sauce
Steamed green beans from the garden
Homemade bread with raspberry jam I made a few days ago
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6667 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

My husband texted me before I headed out to cut corn. He went to Del Taco for lunch and got the brilliant idea to make his chicken/cheddar/bacon/ranch sandwiches into quesadillas. So I told him to bring home some tortillas since we were out and I would massacre the rest of that Costco chicken and find us some bacon. They were really good, even if I shouldn't be eating cheddar or bacon. :ph34r: (He has this habit of telling me to make dinner plans, then waiting until I make them to come up with his own ideas. <_<)

Tomorrow is the burgers and corn and onion rings. I may even be feeling spunky enough by tomorrow evening to make arepas for the burgers.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6668 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Sunday Roast - very simple and ordinary but good!

Roast beef
Yorkshire pudding
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Baby beets and green beans from the garden
Fresh raspberries
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6669 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Sunday Roast - very simple and ordinary but good!

Roast beef
Yorkshire pudding
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Baby beets and green beans from the garden
Fresh raspberries

Oh, lovey.....that sounds so wonderful. I would love every bite of that dinner---right now. :)

alas, we are not having that tonight.

Looks like a mixed grille ----lamb for me and sausages for the hubs (he does not like lamb very much) 

Baby potatoes or risotto, depending on how much work I can accomplish today. Packing some things/mowing, etc.

Lots of tomatoes and basil around here. Maybe a Greek salad or caprese? we'll see how much enthusiasm I have come 5 ish. lol

Cherries for dessert. I ate too many brownies with macadamias  this weekend.... :ph34r:  really, I have absolutely zero self-control around goodies. zip nada zilch

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6670 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Oh, lovey.....that sounds so wonderful. I would love every bite of that dinner---right now. :)

alas, we are not having that tonight.

Looks like a mixed grille ----lamb for me and sausages for the hubs (he does not like lamb very much) 

Baby potatoes or risotto, depending on how much work I can accomplish today. Packing some things/mowing, etc.

Lots of tomatoes and basil around here. Maybe a Greek salad or caprese? we'll see how much enthusiasm I have come 5 ish. lol

Cherries for dessert. I ate too many brownies with macadamias  this weekend.... :ph34r:  really, I have absolutely zero self-control around goodies. zip nada zilch

I've been thinking about making brownies. I should get to that. I'm thinking stuffed peppers, which I know my husband will not eat. Definitely some corn. And idk what else for him, maybe a chicken breast or something I can just bake since the oven will be on anyway. I shoulda just planned on coming to somebody's house for dinner. Everybody else is making something yummy.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6671 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I shoulda just planned on coming to somebody's house for dinner. Everybody else is making something yummy.

I KNOW IT!  i have popped on here to post something (boring) and then shamed into staying silent lolz

sunday we made bambi stew (oooh - good marinade for venison or beef - worcestershire*, beer**, garlic powder & onion powder.  we let it marinate for a day or so) in the crockpot.  with green beans from the Jungle Garden Rain Forest, mushrooms, onions, tomato sauce.  served over mashed potatoes.  man-friendly meal  :P

crockpot was already crockin' and we went grocery shopping.  when we got back, the house smelled so delicious and for a minute i tricked my mind into thinking somebody else cooked dinner for me :)  crockpots are awesome!

(*lea & perrins is gluten free in the us)

(**redbridge)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6672 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

1.5" thick grilled ribeye with smoked Maldon salt
New herbed potatoes
Fresh steamed green beans
Thick slice of homemade bread with homemade raspberry jam

#6673 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thick slice of homemade bread with homemade raspberry jam

:ph34r:  hand over the bread, love2, and nobody gets hurt  :D   sounds yumzz!

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6674 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just a couple pork chops and some corn tonight. Didn't have the energy to do more. Hopefully tomorrow will look brighter.

With us around, we'd probably hurt ourselves trying to get the bread. I'll save myself the injury and embarrassment and just stay home. :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6675 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

On my tablet so cannot use emoticon thingers. But if I could...

It WAS delicious. Nice brown and tall loaf slathered with a thick layer of ruby red sweet yet tart jam. Yumzz is right!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: