#6676 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Rice lamb mushrooms red peppers.

Too busy to cook anything fancy, having too much fun :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6677 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

With us around, we'd probably hurt ourselves trying to get the bread. I'll save myself the injury and embarrassment and just stay home. :ph34r:

right?  because we are so *stealth*   :lol:  i would say, ok, just forget it.....  but then she posts this:

It WAS delicious. Nice brown and tall loaf slathered with a thick layer of ruby red sweet yet tart jam. Yumzz is right!

and i think she is just askin' for trouble.  and bread with jam thieves.  geez, love2, nothing like a little 'foody talkin'  to push us right over the edge lolz - you can defeat us easily, though - just turn on the air conditioner, we'll freeze up like houseflies LOLZ   :P

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6678 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

right?  because we are so *stealth*   :lol:  i would say, ok, just forget it.....  but then she posts this:

and i think she is just askin' for trouble.  and bread with jam thieves.  geez, love2, nothing like a little 'foody talkin'  to push us right over the edge lolz - you can defeat us easily, though - just turn on the air conditioner, we'll freeze up like houseflies LOLZ   :P

Man, I wish I could do emoticons on this thinger. Guess what I had this morning? Encore of the aforementioned bread and jam. Just can't help it!!

You are brilliantly funny. Love your sense of humour! :-) Just watch what you say or I'll zap ya with AC!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6679 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Man, I wish I could do emoticons on this thinger. Guess what I had this morning? Encore of the aforementioned bread and jam. Just can't help it!!

You are brilliantly funny. Love your sense of humour! :-) Just watch what you say or I'll zap ya with AC!

You won't even need to. Before you know what's even going on it'll be like 2 degrees there again, maybe even before we get there. I'm not going anywhere near you and your arctic circle living! :lol:

I kept asking my husband what he wants for supper and he didn't know. Then he texted me after he got to work and told me In N Out. Not arguing. Now I'm just trying to stay glued to my chair without bouncing around like a 3 year old while I wait for him to get home in half an hour. The only hard part will be deciding what kind of shake to have.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6680 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

Apparently my husband's boss thought it would be hilarious (or something) to schedule him for three days coming into work at like 5 or 6 in the morning. Which means we get up at like 3 or 4 for him to get ready. Not my idea of fun times. <_<

So it is almost 7:30, I've already got a pork roast in the crockpot for pulled pork for dinner. Been to the store to pick up buns which are on sale. (SCORE!) And now am going to have to figure out how to keep myself awake until 2:30, which will be dinner time. I found some yellow seedless watermelons on sale while I was out so grabbed one of those to go with dinner. I haven't had a yellow one in years, I love them tons more than the regular red ones but my husband always looks like he's about to have a stroke when he sees the price. :lol: Have no idea what sort of veggies there will be. Maybe just french fries or something equally easy.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6681 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:51 AM

Lentil patties, sweet potato puree, roast potato and pumpkin, steamed broccoli and carrot.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6682 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Bangers (Cumberland sausages)
Mash (whipped buttery potatoes)
Steamed broccoli
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6683 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Totally easy cheating supper tonight. More pulled pork sandwiches and corn. We picked up some red corn at the store yesterday because we had never seen any before. It was really good! Really different than anything else either of us have ever had before but we're thinking maybe we'll plant some next year.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6684 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

My mother made a balsamic garlic chicken in the crockpot (fantastic) and

shredded beet/carrot coleslaw. MMMMMMM......

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#6685 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

So I know this will sound a little off and my husband always has a joke to crack, but when I labeled my Chinese chicken recipe for my recipe book I labeled it Chinese chicken balls. Anyway, that is what is for supper, with orange sauce. Hopefully I am still able to tolerate the sauce, it has been a long time since we made this. It only has a few tablespoons of orange juice and I did okay with it last time. Crossing my fingers. I'll make brown rice because that is the kind we have. And I think in the bottom of the freezer I have veggies to stir fry the rice (mine anyway) to make it a little more exciting.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6686 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

last night i made creamy roasted tomato & garlic soup - tonight is squash lasagne w/salad & maybe bread for the gluteneaters.  

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6687 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

maybe bread for the gluteneaters.  

You should make them amuse you for it. Song and dance or some such.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6688 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ok my second time with gluten free noodles :) I loved them!! Hubbs wanted Tuna casserole soI got the Gluten noodles down, there was not enuf !So he grabbed the Gluten Free noodles and I said .. those are gluten free . He said so what! I said well the last ones were nasty!! But these were a different kind!! So I said just do it!! So I made it with Gluten free noodles I had some Gluten free Crm of something soup and some good cheese :) It turned out wonderful!! Hubbs loved it I loved it!! I was sooo happy about those noodles! The brand?? Hmmm let me get thru this fog.. Tynaka? Or some something Rice noodles :) Thanks for the tips everyone!! I will never be afraid again!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6689 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Creamy ricotta, homemade basil pesto and speck tartine
Baby greens, peppered almonds, Parmesan shards and orange raspberry vinaigrette
Chocolate crepes

#6690 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

You should make them amuse you for it. Song and dance or some such.

at this point, i would even settle for a silly hat  <_<

The brand?? Hmmm let me get thru this fog.. Tynaka? Or some something Rice noodles :) Thanks for the tips everyone!! I will never be afraid again!! 

tinkyada  :)  they are awesome!

Creamy ricotta, homemade basil pesto and speck tartine
Baby greens, peppered almonds, Parmesan shards and orange raspberry vinaigrette
Chocolate crepes

as usual, love2, i am drooling - although, it took me a second to remember what speck is ^_^   

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: