#6721 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Making shredded chicken sammies.

This is a regional favorite and by regional, I mean Ohio.  

1. Crock Pot

2. 2 cans of cream of chicken soup

3. Around 50-70 oz. Oz. canned chick's.

4. Some bread crumbs or crackers

Optional, onions or whatever floats yer boat.  Spoon on buns or slop on taters like I do :)

Cook for at least 2 hours.  Consistency like sloppy Joes.

Enjoy the taste of the Midwest. 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6722 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey Colleen
Great to have you about :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6723 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks.  Great to be here amongst my crazy gluten challenged friends :D

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6724 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Thanks.  Great to be here amongst my crazy gluten challenged friends :D

good :) we missed you!  

tonight - i had the worst craving for caramel apples, i usually have apples but no caramel so i made caramel sauce and dipped them.  i ate A TON.  i ruined my appetite!!  

so, it's beer brats for the hubs w/onions & mushrooms if he wants (i have them cooking now) (i might try them later) and frying up some pickled red cabbage.  

caramel apples and redbridge - sounds like i have all the food groups covered......  probably need some chocolate.... (and salt!  oh, no!  gotta check my calendar!!)  :blink:  :lol:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#6725 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've been housesitting where the WiFi is sporadic so have missed posting recently.  Am also getting ready for our big Croatia/Italy trip in three weeks for the month of October.  Came into town to do more cooking to take back with me.  I made a big batch of Bolognese - very authentic with white wine, milk, etc.

Tonight is:

- Greek baby back ribs

- lemon rice soup

- roast lemon baby potatoes

- Greek salad

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6726 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

In theory my husband is bringing me some Tyson nuggets tonight. I have some Alexia sweet potato tots in the freezer too. Those will be supper tonight and probably tomorrow too.

I'm just thrilled right now that I can eat at all. I had a stupid lumbar puncture on Wednesday and got the headache when I got out of bed on Thursday when I tried to get out of bed. I talked the clinic into doing the blood patch today since they aren't open on weekends and usually force a 3 day wait. In plain English, there was no f'n way I was waiting til Monday. I'm allowed out of bed a little at a time now and don't get blinding, head exploding headaches. I do feel like I have an elephant on my back but I'll take it! And drugs... lots of drugs. It just feels so good not to be completely helpless anymore. I can get to the fridge for my own yogurt and drinks now and I should even be able to oven my own dinner tomorrow when I'm home alone. Best of all, I'm allowed to sit up enough to hold a book. :D

Oh, and if I don't see you again before you leave cause idk when you're going... have fun in Croatia and eat lots of sweets for me!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6727 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

In theory my husband is bringing me some Tyson nuggets tonight. I have some Alexia sweet potato tots in the freezer too. Those will be supper tonight and probably tomorrow too.

I'm just thrilled right now that I can eat at all. I had a stupid lumbar puncture on Wednesday and got the headache when I got out of bed on Thursday when I tried to get out of bed. I talked the clinic into doing the blood patch today since they aren't open on weekends and usually force a 3 day wait. In plain English, there was no f'n way I was waiting til Monday. I'm allowed out of bed a little at a time now and don't get blinding, head exploding headaches. I do feel like I have an elephant on my back but I'll take it! And drugs... lots of drugs. It just feels so good not to be completely helpless anymore. I can get to the fridge for my own yogurt and drinks now and I should even be able to oven my own dinner tomorrow when I'm home alone. Best of all, I'm allowed to sit up enough to hold a book. :D

Oh, and if I don't see you again before you leave cause idk when you're going... have fun in Croatia and eat lots of sweets for me!

:( addy, you poor baby :(  mercy in heaven, you have been through it lately.. feel better soon.

love2 - bolognese with cream and milk - i have never made bolognese sauce but it always looked like something the hubs would like :) have you got a handy recipe?  (i know your internet has been sub par - i feel ya - been fighting with ours all day - i'm on now so i feel like i'm winning lolz)

seared scallops w/brown butter sauce

mushroom risotto

(this counts as a vege i swear!)  my oysters (they have spinach!  totally counts ;)  )

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6728 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

This is the recipe (I think) she threw at me when I was complaining about my MIL's sauce. It is positively divine. (I couldn't find veal so I used lamb... tragic!) http://www.foodnetwo...ipe2/index.html

Also, here's a video of him making it because I'm a visual learner. That may be a lie, I may just have a crush on him and kinda think he's hot. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HqBqiGM1O54

Yes, I'm outta bed again. I can't take it any more, I'm going freaking crazy. I also can't eat cantaloupe out of the shell in bed cause its messy. Hubs got me one and cut it in half for me so I could have it whenever, all I needed was to go to the kitchen if I was home alone. He's so awesome. So naturally I end up here if I'm not in bed. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6729 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

omg... he's yelling at me for being outta bed :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6730 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

he needs to get in line - GET YO ACE BACK IN DA BED MISSY!  lolz - i knew i liked your hubs ;)

edited to add:  i should practice what i preach - i'm out like shout - sweet dreams, y'all :)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#6731 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hey love2

ooh, remember to take some nice pictures in that amazing restaurant this time, I recall you mentioned the scenery was very good (European compound recruits?)

I ate out for the first time in a year tonight, chicken and fries, all supposed.to fine for celiac dedicated fryer etc. so fingers.crossed tonight.....
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6732 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

MW

Yaaay! on the eating out thinger, sweets! simple pleasures, my friend xx

ADDY

get back in bed this instant, young lady, Don't make me come over there! Feel better soon, toots!.xx

SKI

I know you can hear me. ski ski ski ski ski please feel better soon! I miss ya xx

LOVE2

I hope you are also feeling better and that your internet stops misbehaving and that your upcoming visit to Croatia is healing and restorative. And I hope Bingley is all better too !

Send me a postcard and/or pics, please because the last ones were glorious xx

I made a meatless lasagne with bechamel for dinner (not my preference, but).. one of the friends helping us pack the PODS container today is a vegetarian. Bless his heart. I'd love to be a vegetarian, on principle, I guess....but I love meat, and meat loves me so that just ain't happening....(he also has anemia, some anxiety and cannot sleep ,,,why? hmm.....because he eats too much gluten and soy (blech)?hell yEAH!! , but he does not listen to ole IH and he has no wife to pester him about it either :lol: )  if I could slip him some liver somehow, I would.....he he he

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6733 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Believe me, I will. We are going to a white truffle festival again, too, and will be consuming tons of fresh fish and seafood. We leave in 20 days and are gone for an entire month. :-)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6734 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Probably a wrap with veggies. Its too warm to cook.

#6735 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

We had venison Ropa Vieja over brown rice with zucchini pancakes (put some jalapeno peppers in there to make them interesting), homemade applesauce and a Romaine salad with balsamic vinaigrette.   Miniature Snickers Bar for desert.

I was bootscootin' happy to find out I do not have diabetes!!!!!

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: