come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://vegetarian.ab...ucacciatore.htm

Tofu Cacciatore served with rice.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6767 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I feel like a human freaking being today! :D Sore and tender all over my leg and lower back but after the last week I'll take it. Sore and tender trumps actual pain every day of the week.

Tonight is BBQ pork loin, garlic tater wedges and a salad. Later tonight is the late late late show at the second run theater. Heading out to finally go see Lone Ranger. My daughter says its awesome, but she may be biased by her crush on Johnny. Although I think I sort of grossed her out when I told her his age (which is almost old enough to be MY father if he had become a parent at the age I did) and that I've had a crush on him since I was younger than her. :lol: Sometimes being a parent is hilariously fun in a really twisted way that involves warping young minds.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6768 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Too much fancy smancy food! Here's what " real" people who have no idea what a cacitore or a braise or a spring onion is cooks ! :)
( another grammatically terrifying sentence)
Bisquick cheeseburger pie, green salad and some cantelope!

http://www.bettycroc...06-a8ffc3483710

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6769 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Too much fancy smancy food! Here's what " real" people who have no idea what a cacitore or a braise or a spring onion is cooks ! :)
( another grammatically terrifying sentence)
Bisquick cheeseburger pie, green salad and some cantelope!

http://www.bettycroc...06-a8ffc3483710

Hahaha! I'm real people too. I didn't even really have to cook. I cut a few potatoes, sprayed them with olive oil and salted them. The loin was one of those oven perfect ones that you cook right in the bag it comes in. Salad from a bag. BAM! I'm with you. That's how us "real" people do dinner.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6770 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

I absolutely love looking in here looking at what everyone cooked!! I do have to say, after becoming gluten free I was afraid to know what to do during this change over. 1st I cooked something glutenized for hubbs and cooked me something eles, It was hard!! I was used to tasting and using the same spoon and so so CC myself!! It was so hard to get used to... Then I decided to switch what ever I could to Gluten free .. Cream of mush soup, Noodles, other stuff like that. It makes it so much easier!! once in a while Hubbs will say he wants something like Glutened Mac and cheese or something silly like that! And I will cook it for him. But I am Telling you I am amazed at what you women cook !! You all are amazing!! Thanks so very much!! You all are inspiring!! :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6771 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I made a pork and leek stew last night so it is l'eft oevres for me tonight. Just as well, been getting kids back to school this week and I am exhausted!

Whole30 going well, as long as I remember to eat more protein than seems reasonable.

Ski, thinking of you every day and send healing dust for body mind and soul your way x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#6772 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Experimental Dinner tonight.  Unfortunately, I can't choose which new thing to make!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6773 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Chicken something maybe....not sure what exactly i'll make tonight, but it will have chicken in it.

#6774 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Slow cooked chickpea curry again for tonight, I'll put it on in a couple of hours and let it cook for about 6 hours.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6775 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Looks like we are having:

Corn bread crust Mexican chicken pizza, jalapeños stuffed with green onions, cream cheese and apple and wrapped in bacon, cantelope and chocolate PB cream cheese candy balls.

santa-dance.gif

#6776 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well hubbs and the glutenizers had Chinese ... OMG it smelled so good!! But lucky me!! I had already made some rice earlier , bought some shrimp had some summer squash, so I made a lil stir fry for us gluten-free'ers I fried the shrimo 1st coated it with some gluten-free flour fried it and :) dinner it was :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#6777 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Well hubbs and the glutenizers had Chinese ... OMG it smelled so good!! But lucky me!! I had already made some rice earlier , bought some shrimp had some summer squash, so I made a lil stir fry for us gluten-free'ers I fried the shrimo 1st coated it with some gluten-free flour fried it and :) dinner it was :)

Have you discovered San-J soy sauces? They are gluten-free and they have Teyaki and spicy peanut. You can find them at lots of places like Target and groceries.

Don't know if you have a PF Chang's or a Pei Wei where you live? They are the same company and do a really goo job with gluten-free. Pei Wei is a bit limited but I love the Spicy Shrimp.

santa-dance.gif

#6778 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks like we are having:
Corn bread crust Mexican chicken pizza, jalapeños stuffed with green onions, cream cheese and apple and wrapped in bacon, cantelope and chocolate PB cream cheese candy balls.

Everything turned out delicious!

santa-dance.gif

#6779 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Cassoulet. Need I say more?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6780 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Cassoulet. Need I say more?

Possibly what time to be there. :P

Celiac DX Dec 2012