9632 replies to this topic

#6841 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

last night was:  chicken with mushroom gravy (loves my herb garden - lots of sage, thyme, rosemary really made it tasty!)  mashed potatoes, carrots  :)

today i'm going to the publix - who knows what dinner will be tonight - mystery dinner woooooooooooooo scaryyyyyyy.......

maybe col. mustard with the lead pipe in the library........  ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6842 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

i should clarify - because corn tortillas *are* awesome - just not as a sub for what clearly could have used a flour tortilla.   it really was a sucky combination.  they turned sort of mushy and soaked up the juice from the salsa, then they broke apart.   i like corn tortillas for other things :)

"Tacos" require a fried shell.  They should be corn.  "real" Mexicans I know, put the filling on the corn tortilla and cook it in a skillet with some oil.

KAREN I hope you are enjoying the ICDS in Chicago. Kiss Dr. Fasano for me. 

He had enough groupies around him.  He may have thought I was a stalker because I kept trying to get a nice pic of him for IH~!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6843 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

He had enough groupies around him.  He may have thought I was a stalker because I kept trying to get a nice pic of him for IH~!

and you succeeded..!! .thanks. I lurvs that guy! :)

I had  hogfish last night. Just a truly succulent, delicate white fish along with scallops for the hubs with some sugar snap peas and a tossed salad. I also ate about 8 shrimp ---gasp!---and am thrilled to report no real histamine issues. yaay! 

A lovely filet mignon is tonight's fare with potatoes and asparagus..... then, we are going to something called Jammin Jensen--which means FUN stuff to do on Thursday nights in town. Music, food vendors, art work, etc. Big difference from living secluded in the countryside all those years.

Sadly, I have to avoid  the wine and gin and citrus/acids for a while. crying-girl.gif geesh, no oranges?? whatthe....My GI doc noted "gastritis" in my report and taking those out will heal it right up, he says... but hey, he gave me the thumbs up on healthy villi --whoohooo! (a few polyps and some intestinal scarring--common in long unDxed types, but otherwise--it was all good news) But the "gastritis" thinger explains the occassional nausea and gut woozies (I knew I wasn't glutened and I surely knew I wasn't pregnant! LOL

This weekend, I may make some turkey/black bean chili. Maybe some corn muffins for the hubs. Now that I can access the PODS container with all my stuff in it, I can cook and bake some more. yaaay! again. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6844 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

ok, well, this is very exciting...and the hubs is thrilled...we have learned about an Italian place with a gluten-free menu and a dedicated pizza oven "to avoid CC" --as they say on the website--and maybe we'll have to check it out in the weeks to come.  

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6845 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nacho night tonight.  Tomorrow we're having a stir-fry.  Sunday we're making spinach pastry puffs with roast veges.  Monday we're having pasta. 

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6846 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm making mac and cheese... and carrots...

#6847 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

We had oven chicken& spinach risotto. Always a big hit with my guys!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6848 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

We had oven chicken& spinach risotto. Always a big hit with my guys!

that sounds like yum

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6849 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Well....I was raving about my pasta and marinara sauce.  What I forgot was that Barty had told me about nightshades and joint pain and I decided to do a test.  after 3 or four days without indulging in the forbidden foods I could hold my coffee cup with no problem (My fingers are my problem area).  Then, having forgot about nightshades, I have the new pasta which I might add that this is all Irish's fault because I was trying a new pasta SHE had told me about and BOOM, I can't hold my coffee cup this morning which I desperately need cuz I'm up do darn early.

My conclusion is:  My finger pain can improve without nightshades and its all Irish's fault :P

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6850 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Well....I was raving about my pasta and marinara sauce.  What I forgot was that Barty had told me about nightshades and joint pain and I decided to do a test.  after 3 or four days without indulging in the forbidden foods I could hold my coffee cup with no problem (My fingers are my problem area).  Then, having forgot about nightshades, I have the new pasta which I might add that this is all Irish's fault because I was trying a new pasta SHE had told me about and BOOM, I can't hold my coffee cup this morning which I desperately need cuz I'm up do darn early.

My conclusion is:  My finger pain can improve without nightshades and its all Irish's fault :P

(1) My mom recommended the pasta. ^_^

(2) Pasta is not a night shade. :P

(3) I did not tell you to put tomato sauce on it, now did I? noooooo.. :lol:

(4) but, if  you want to blame me, I can handle it. As the youngest in my family, I am used to getting blamed for lots of stuff. <_<

I may have overused the emoticons there, but it was fun.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6851 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

that sounds like yum

I can give you the recipe if you want.

(1) My mom recommended the pasta.

(2) Pasta is not a night shade.

(3) I did not tell you to put tomato sauce on it, now did I? noooooo..

(4) but, if  you want to blame me, I can handle it. As the youngest in my family, I am used to getting blamed for lots of stuff. <_<

I didn't do it, Mom!  IH did!  blender-accident.gif

santa-dance.gif

#6852 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

he he he!  I can see you probably blamed your siblings for everything too.

yes, please, Karen---shoot me the recipe. or post here, if easy enough? I am always loving the risotto!!!.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6853 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

As the youngest in my family I blamed my brothers....they always bought it :lol:

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6854 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

:o   hide! 

thurs - the gabrielle special - seared scallops, bacon, spinach salad with mandarin oranges, poppy seed dressing (brianna's is the best and i can not fake it!)  with extra sharp white chedda (youngest was home from school for a day or so - long enough for mom to make her favorite, get a new cellphone, get free dinner at red robin, and gas $$)

last night was shrimp tacos on corn tortillas <husband hates the corn tortillas)(ok, i don't like them either) with mango salsa (and i think mangos hate me, too)  so that was a bust

tonight we had CHICKEN SPINACH & FETA SAUSAGE in what was supposed to be lasagne but turned out to be macaroni & feta cheese sauce with ricotta.........surprisingly tasty (and i need to get more lasagne noodles - it's the Surprise Pantry - Surprise!  you only have 3 lasagne noodles in what you thought was a full box :wacko: :lol: )

hey, ih, the sausage was pre-cooked - must have been all that staring at it LOLZ :P  i got microwave eyes - always wondered why my goose was always cooked ;)

Don't give up on corn tortillas!  They should be fresh and heated on the stove in a pan or we just put it directly on the grating of our gas stove top.  Don't scorch them but heat until they begin to bubble and turn a few times.  Use two corn tortillas to hold your filling -- especially when it's wet with salsa.  Homemade tortillas are the best, but usually I'm too lazy!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

#6855 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

he he he!  I can see you probably blamed your siblings for everything too.

yes, please, Karen---shoot me the recipe. or post here, if easy enough? I am always loving the risotto!!!.

Let me get it.  It was originally on here but Patti and I modified it a bunch to make it a one pot meal.  And translate it into American.

santa-dance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: