8762 replies to this topic

#6886 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

roasted brussels sprouts :)  <craving those <_< jonesing real bad for some - i gots the sprout monkey on my back........... :P

I get those joneses... I gots one for lobster. Guess what the special is tomorrow at the fish market.?..yup..and to continue my lazy

streak--THEY STEAM them FOR ME! Loving it!!!

Tonight was angus burgers with portobella shrooms and onions and fries. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6887 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Chicken pot pie with a Bisquick top

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#6888 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Shepherd's pie with mashed sweet potatoes on top (my favorite comfort food now). Sauteed kale on the side. Homemade apple sauce with cinnamon for dessert.

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#6889 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

oh boy.....who loves kale? >>this girl!<< ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6890 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I made a coffee cake for breakfast, i wonder what i'll do for dinner....

#6891 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

I guess this is technically about my lunch... but you can't kick me off for it!  :P

I had a  cold quinoa salad I picked up yesterday at this cute gluten-free tea/juicing café.  It was a Mexican style?  corn, black beans, tomatoes, pepper, etc.  And I LOVED it !  I thought I didn't like quinoa but I was going to give it another shot.  Now I just have to try to make quinoa again and see if I like it.

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#6892 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I guess this is technically about my lunch... but you can't kick me off for it!  :P

I had a  cold quinoa salad I picked up yesterday at this cute gluten-free tea/juicing café.  It was a Mexican style?  corn, black beans, tomatoes, pepper, etc.  And I LOVED it !  I thought I didn't like quinoa but I was going to give it another shot.  Now I just have to try to make quinoa again and see if I like it.

Then maybe you will like this? We loved them and I served them to friends who also gave them a thumb's up

and I know you guys like black beans, mexican flavors in your house.

Quinoa and black bean stuffed peppers

http://www.onelovelylife.com/?p=4854

she has you make your own enchilada sauce.

this version was less work:

http://www.goodlifee...ll-peppers.html

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6893 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I am making enchiladas on Friday.  When I make them I do a double recipe, and put together one in a cheap foil pan and freeze it for my own frozen convenience meal.  I make my own enchilada sauce because I dislike the tinny, flavorless kind in a can. Here is my recipe.  To make enchiladas just roll up prepared taco meat (I add black beans in the middle too) in corn tortillas, lay them out in a pan, and pour the sauce over them.  Top with cheese and bake until hot all the way through.

Note: You really cannot screw up enchiladas, just put things in there you think are tasty and enjoy!

Enchilada Sauce

1/8 C vegetable Oil

2 Tbsp. flour (for thickening I use half corn starch, half brown rice flour)

2 Tbsp. chili powder

8 oz. tomato sauce

1 C chicken/beef stock (or water)

½ tsp. cumin

½ tsp. garlic powder

½ tsp. onion powder

1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Salt to taste

1 tsp. oregano

Pepper to taste

Red pepper to taste

Heat oil over medium high heat.  Add flour and chili powder, and whisk together.  When it starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cook for about 2 minutes when it starts to smell nice and toasty, whisking periodically.  Add liquid and seasonings, simmer a few minutes until done.  If you want to be fancy you can use actual onion/garlic and sautee it in the oil before making the roux.

Makes enough for an 8x12 pan of enchiladas.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#6894 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Indoor (George F) grilled veggies:, tater, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, onion and pea pods with lemon juice and sweet curry powder.  I had a piece of bacon in there, but my part time dog managed to snag that from me.  He looks like a baby seal when he pins his ears back and asks me if he can please, please, please have just a wee little bit of bacon, pretty please.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6895 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

I made a coffee cake for breakfast, i wonder what i'll do for dinner....

who needs dinner - you has CAKE !!!  :D

i've got a craving for chicken & 'dumplins' - i'm gonna make noodle type dumplings from tink lasagne.  experiment #584 - still didn't starve to death or poison us ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#6896 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

pizza made with Pamela's mix, boring but I'm tired and it's just me and the kids tonight. and gluten free chocolate chip cookies for dessert :P

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

acute adult onset asthma diagnosed April 2012

celiac diagnosis July 2013

osteopenia Sept 2013

Dysautonomia: POTS (autonomic nervous system dysfunction)

DQ2 Gene

#6897 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

pizza made with Pamela's mix, boring but I'm tired and it's just me and the kids tonight. and gluten free chocolate chip cookies for dessert :P

That does NOT sound boring to me!  :) Sounds like YUM!

I made ZA tonight (as we call it) too.  My friend Sherry Lynn owns a dedicated gluten-free bakery

http://sherrylynnsglutenfree.net/

and she sent me a "care package" the other day--so sweet.

(I have recently moved to Fla---1300 miles away from her  :( ) and so, I used her flour mix to make my shell (and the rest of the dough made awesome hamburger rolls!) 

For toppings, I like to wash the pizza crust with a garlic olive oil bath, oregano, basil, add  BACON (Vermont maple-cured, no extras, no antibiotics, no crap in it ), sauteed shallots or red onion,  diced plum toms, sliced portabella mushrooms, and 5 cheeses: mozzarella, provolone, asiago, pecorino romano and grated parmesan-reggiano.

The hubs has declared it delicious. :D 

Now, If I only had a chocolate chip cookie.....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6898 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

That does NOT sound boring to me!  :) Sounds like YUM!

I made ZA tonight (as we call it) too.  My friend Sherry Lynn owns a dedicated gluten-free bakery

http://sherrylynnsglutenfree.net/

and she sent me a "care package" the other day--so sweet.

(I have recently moved to Fla---1300 miles away from her  :( ) and so, I used her flour mix to make my shell (and the rest of the dough made awesome hamburger rolls!) 

For toppings, I like to wash the pizza crust with a garlic olive oil bath, oregano, basil, add  BACON (Vermont maple-cured, no extras, no antibiotics, no crap in it ), sauteed shallots or red onion,  diced plum toms, sliced portabella mushrooms, and 5 cheeses: mozzarella, provolone, asiago, pecorino romano and grated parmesan-reggiano.

The hubs has declared it delicious. :D 

Now, If I only had a chocolate chip cookie.....

oh that sounds delish! well the Pamela's mix makes 2 crusts so I'm thinking a plain cheese for the kids and I think I'm going to try your recipe yum. I have cherry tomatoes, that will suffice. please post how to make a hamburger bun. I'm so tired of eating lettuce wrapped burgers!

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#6899 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Ok I used what I had on hand and made it similar to yours. Olive oil and fresh garlic, shredded mozzerella and parm cheeses, cherry tomatoes, and bacon. Oh it was so good! And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow yippee

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#6900 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

. please post how to make a hamburger bun. I'm so tired of eating lettuce wrapped burgers!

I used my friend's mix and I have no clue what her trade secret blend is.  :D

However, I have made burger buns using Bette Hagman's recipe and they turned out fabulous.

Bette was the first real G F baker and the "mother" of G F baking.

http://www.glutenfre...n-a-bun-heaven/

Our Sylvia on c.com loves Jules Shepard's burger buns found here:

http://www.julesglut...p/mix-bread.htm

and here is another you can try

http://glutenfreehom...urger-buns.html

"LTES"  Gem 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: