• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Prime rib roast with horseradish sauce

baked potatoes

asparagus

a small scoop of chocolate gelato

(note to self:  walk extra mile on treadmill at gym tomorrow, chubster)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6902 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

oh boy.....who loves kale? >>this girl!<< ;)

Then you would have LOVED my breakfast hash this morning: ground pork, golden beets, red torpedo onions, red bell pepper, TONS OF KALE, finished with a glug of balsamic. It was a good'un! :)

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#6903 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

burgers, pickles and pot cheese - oh, my! 

i made extra burgers for tomorrow night pickanick at the park (cook-out) - that's all i'll have time to eat between chatting, anyway :)

my piano is playing by itself.........  which the ghosties have been knocking around upstairs, just started back lately, but they mostly leave the piano alone -   i may have a mousey visitor!   i really need a cat to blame all these noises on  :wacko:  or at least to catch a mouse ^_^

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6904 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I need to come up with a menu plan for the next 2 weeks.  I'm extremely broke at the moment, had 2 large expenses come at me at once and have very little money left.  I have a small pack of rice, a box of spiral pasta and a tin of chickpeas but that's all I have in the way of food.  Today is shopping day.  Ideas please for 2 vegans.

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#6905 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

I need to come up with a menu plan for the next 2 weeks.  I'm extremely broke at the moment, had 2 large expenses come at me at once and have very little money left.  I have a small pack of rice, a box of spiral pasta and a tin of chickpeas but that's all I have in the way of food.  Today is shopping day.  Ideas please for 2 vegans.

omygosh, I am the worst possible person to ask this question.I thrive on meat and dairy protein. 

What about this website? lots of suggestion there. Hope this helps.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6906 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

I'd go for the biggest bag of rice you can afford, some celery, onion and dried beans and/or peas, big bag of carrots.  Curry powder if you don't already have it.  I don't know if carrots are cheap here, but they are the best buy around here.  Good luck!

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#6907 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Sorry, meatatarian here. Not only that but I actually can't eat a significant number of vegetarian protein sources because they'll make me blind. The few I can eat I can only have in moderation.

I know I've been kinda MIA lately. I just kind of had a bad month last month and decided to hide out for the rest of it. Things are looking up this month though. The gluten-free Expo is on Saturday and I'm super excited about that. I also managed to win a package of donut mix yesterday that I'll be able to pick up while I'm there. So next week I'll be having donuts again. I think I'm going to pick up a donut filling cake tip and make Boston creme donut holes.

Tonight I'm making a pork roast. I'm thinking maybe some au gratin potatoes with it. I may make zucchini cakes, or the zucchini may not make it to that time of day... we'll see. If the zucchini doesn't make it I'll have brussels sprouts. And because it is October now we'll have pumpkin shakes for dessert. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6908 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Homer-Doughnut.jpg

MMMMMMM donuts 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6909 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Tonight: Roasted chicken legs (mmm crispy chicken skin....) Roasted fingerling taters and parsnips and onions. Zucchini-cilantro soup. Probably a salad that will use up the last of the cukes from the garden. Coconut macaroons!

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#6910 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

I guess my husband is in the mood for hot chocolate instead of pumpkin shakes. Fine by me, it's feeling lot a chocolate kind of night.

I found a super awesome recipe for my pork roast and it was positively divine. The man who rarely (if ever) eats my sauces on anything because he's weird loved the sauce for this. YAY! http://thedomesticma...d-pork-sirloin/  Now if only I can master the art of getting dinner out of the oven without putting a finger on the oven rack I'll be all set. I managed to actually blister myself this time. :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6911 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I guess my husband is in the mood for hot chocolate instead of pumpkin shakes. Fine by me, it's feeling lot a chocolate kind of night.

I found a super awesome recipe for my pork roast and it was positively divine. The man who rarely (if ever) eats my sauces on anything because he's weird loved the sauce for this. YAY! http://thedomesticma...d-pork-sirloin/  Now if only I can master the art of getting dinner out of the oven without putting a finger on the oven rack I'll be all set. I managed to actually blister myself this time. :ph34r:

That looks like a great recipe! I am adding it to my line-up. :)

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Love Heals.

#6912 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

That does look delicious and reminds me of a sauce I use in a sauteed chicken breast recipe with apples and raisins.

I am sure it tasted FAB!! If you burn your fingers often, yup, I am pretty sure we're related. 

I decided to make a fritatta last night. I make those when I have veggies and eggs and a some bacon laying around and I am feeling lazy. LOL

It had bacon, asparagus, shallots, mushrooms and a handful of shaved mancheco cheese.  Just a touch. 

I was testing  my egg intolerance. Still there, apparently. <_< wide awake at 3 am, then the cat started her shenanigans and well, I've been

awake ever since. 

Wish someone could explain why I can eat eggs baked IN things, but not cooked like fried, scrambled, boiled or once over.

dang perplexing. Meanwhile, I am wide awake but exhausted ..the cat? she is asleep at my feet. little shyte.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6913 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

My SIL has an allergy? Intolerance? to eggs. For a long time she could eat them in a baked good but not scrambled eggs or quiches, etc. she said that in a cake 3 eggs is spread over 10 servings. In a quiche, 3 eggs is 1 serving. Basically. I think what she meant was she could have a little once in a while. Unfortunately, now, she doesn't like to have any in a baked good.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6914 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

My SIL has an allergy? Intolerance? to eggs. For a long time she could eat them in a baked good but not scrambled eggs or quiches, etc. she said that in a cake 3 eggs is spread over 10 servings. In a quiche, 3 eggs is 1 serving. Basically. I think what she meant was she could have a little once in a while. Unfortunately, now, she doesn't like to have any in a baked good.

It could be portion size, it could be temperature rendering something negligible (according to recent article I read in Living Without Mag)

all I know is they make me wicked nauseous, give me cramps, and some other assorted symptoms I'll spare you the deets on because we are at the table right now :D and when I eat

them baked in something like  a crust, I do not have the same reaction at all. This has been going on ever since I was a kid. But I am not allergic, according to testing that was done. 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6915 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Monday night - Crockpot beef stew

Tue - Chicken noodles/ almost soup - I make a chicken soup base - broth, chicken, garlic, carrots and peas.  Then added Schar noodles to bowls and the "soup" to the bowls.  My hub and son don't like a lot of broth so they got extra noodles.  I made brown rice and added it to the rest of the "soup".  We now have chicken and rice (soaked up most of the broth) that we can add more broth to and call it soup.  M had some at lunch today and added soy sauce & no extra broth.  I like it as is and sprinkled with a generous portion of sumac. 

Could add beans and salsa to it and top with cheese, too.

Tonight - Encore stew or rice and chicken stuff or some of each.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: