9630 replies to this topic

#6916 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

I love doing chicken soup that way. I don't like putting noodles in my soup because they get soggy. So I cook noodles and put them in my bowl and then put the soup on the noodles. I do the same with my rice though, I don't just put my rice in my soup. Then if I have leftover rice I can make it into pudding. :D

I have some sort of Brianna's vinaigrette or another that I'm putting some chicken in for dinner tonight. I think I may make salads to go with it, idk yet. My husband brought me a box of mac and cheese last night that I don't need but I'll probably make with dinner anyway because I'm such a sucker for it. :ph34r: And I'll fry the brussels srouts I didn't make last night.

And yes, I almost always have some sort of light burn mark on a finger somewhere from getting it against an oven rack or a pan. It is rare for me to blister myself like I did last night though, I stick to doing that only a few times a year. It wouldn't stop hurting enough for me to truly enjoy dinner until I did some real first aid besides trying to stand around with it in cold running water while I wasn't busy in the kitchen. Right on a knuckle... the world's most inconvenient place to put a bandaid. <_< This isn't the worst kitchen burn I've ever gotten. I once managed (at work, due to someone elses negligence) to burn the entire back of my forearm on a convection oven door. Fun times.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6917 jiggles

jiggles

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Tonight for dinner
It was fancy cheese on toast ,
I rubbed a couple of gluten-free rolls with garlic and a little olive oil , then spread a little tomato puree on top with thinly sliced onion and mozzarella cheese,

then added bacon sliced mushroom and a sprinkle of oregano to finish , along with a baked potato and salad with toasted pine nuts ,

Then for dessert we had fresh pineapple with fat free Greek yoghurt with vanilla and honey mixed in ,

I can only tolerate a little bit of dairy just yet ,
otherwise I tend to get a bit windy in the night :P well so hubs tells me ha ha ,
I think I got a bit more healing to do yet ,but those toasted pine nuts were really lovely , they really make a plain salad very tasty , I just dry toasted them in the pan till golden on each side ,

#6918 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Veggies with rice on the side...

#6919 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Veggies with rice on the side...

I thought maybe ladybug stew!

Edited to fix an odd typo

Edited by kareng, 09 October 2013 - 04:36 PM.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6920 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I bought maybe ladybug stew!

:blink:

No... Just... No...

#6921 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I may have been a little hasty in my estimation of how long it would take my chicken to thaw. So, chicken tomorrow. I'm going to totally cop out tonight and go with burgers, mac & cheese and some sort of veggie. I also have a free Redbox code so maybe dinner and a movie if there I can talk myself out into the chilly drizzle.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6922 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Homemade chicken rice soup, biscuits an apple cobbler for dessert!  It's our first rainy day of the season and it feels cold (60 degrees compared to 94 two days ago!).

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6923 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Homemade chicken rice soup, biscuits an apple cobbler for dessert!  It's our first rainy day of the season and it feels cold (60 degrees compared to 94 two days ago!).

that sounds good....

#6924 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

My sweetheart is taking me out for dinner tonight! This is an especially big deal because I have not gone out to eat in months, since the diagnosis and being low iodine just makes it really hard (plus I was terrified of all food for the first month or two). I am absurdly excited. We are going to a restaurant that just opened this year and is 100% dedicated gluten free (2 out of the 3 owners have gluten and other food intolerances, so they are very accommodating and understanding) They also source most of their ingredients locally, which I appreciate. Did I mention that I am excited?! I am even going to have a leetle glass of wine and might wear a dress. Crazy.

It's called The Brooklyn House, if anyone is ever in Portland, OR looking for a safe place to eat.

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#6925 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sounds wonderful!  Have a great time Abby. 

Having breakfast for dinner tonight.  Yummers.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6926 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

My sweetheart is taking me out for dinner tonight! This is an especially big deal because I have not gone out to eat in months, since the diagnosis and being low iodine just makes it really hard (plus I was terrified of all food for the first month or two). I am absurdly excited. We are going to a restaurant that just opened this year and is 100% dedicated gluten free (2 out of the 3 owners have gluten and other food intolerances, so they are very accommodating and understanding) They also source most of their ingredients locally, which I appreciate. Did I mention that I am excited?! I am even going to have a leetle glass of wine and might wear a dress. Crazy.

It's called The Brooklyn House, if anyone is ever in Portland, OR looking for a safe place to eat.

Are you excited Abby? :D can't really tell.

um, a dress? what's that?   wine--now, that I am familiar with. 

Have a blast, hon!

Pork tenderloin medallions- sauteed and served with mango,pineapple,coconut salsa

over brown rice and some roasted asparagus.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6927 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Have fun going out. Sounds like a good time. :)

I managed today to get my chicken marinating at a reasonable time. So we'll have honey balsamic chicken, probably a salad and I'm sure I'll think of something else.

I went shopping today and scored honeycrisp apples for 98 cents a pound. They are by far the most perfect apple ever, so I'll probably blow through all 4 pounds before the weekend is over and have to go buy more. I've been known to pay as much as 3.50 a pound for one in the middle of winter when I have a terrible craving and I'm alone at the store and my husband isn't there to look at me like I've lost my freakin mind. :ph34r: "Can't you just buy a different kind of apple?" As if he thinks there is such a thing as an apple that is a replacement for a honeycrisp. And he thinks I'm the crazy one!

Oh... and I managed to score free tickets to the Expo today so woohoo more spending money while I'm there! :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6928 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Oh... and I managed to score free tickets to the Expo today so woohoo more spending money while I'm there! :D

cool beans!! have fun.  ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6929 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

cool beans!! have fun.  ;)

I don't think I made a very clear sentence. I should have said that today I won free tickets to the gluten-free Expo.... which happens not to be until Saturday. Anywho, I will have tons of fun when I go. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6930 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't think I made a very clear sentence. I should have said that today I won free tickets to the gluten-free Expo.... which happens not to be until Saturday. Anywho, I will have tons of fun when I go. :D

Even so, I knew what you meant. Today, you scored the tix...and Sat. is the G F expo. I still say "Cool beanios and have fun" xx

And how exactly do you win free tix? just curious

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: