9530 replies to this topic

#6961 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

That is awesome news! We should all celebrate a little for you tonight.

celebrate.gif

I certainly am!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#6962 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Today was a rainy day and I made beef stew... mmmmmm... tomorrow will be rainy as well and a perfect day for the leftovers :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6963 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

My casserole was delicious. My husband wouldn't touch it. I suppose I committed some sort of super serious culinary sin though. I thought I had a jar of Classico in the house, turns out I didn't so I used my $8 jar of Dave's Gourmet.... in a casserole. Also, Delallo pasta is pretty good. It was my first time having it (because it was free, which is the best kind of pasta really) and I rather liked it even though I usually don't like spaghetti at all.

I'll go to my room now.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6964 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think I'm going to have leftovers. I'll be too busy making bagels to do things like cook! My husband can eat whatever he finds for dinner. There is a perfectly good casserole he could be eating if he weren't so picky.

I'm working the next 3 days, whole days. I'm putting the remainder of my casserole into single serve containers and freezing it. I'll have 3 leftover bagels after the one I eat tonight to have for breakfast for 3 days. Plus I have a month's supply of snacks that I picked up on Saturday so all I have to do is pick and choose what to throw in my bag every morning. The hardest part? Staving off boredom for all 3 of those days... there are only so many amusing games on kongregate that I can play before I'll go stark raving mad.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6965 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I am sure you will find ways to amuse yourself. ;)

I made escarole and white bean soup tonight. Simple and tasty.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#6966 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

My casserole was delicious. My husband wouldn't touch it. I suppose I committed some sort of super serious culinary sin though. I thought I had a jar of Classico in the house, turns out I didn't so I used my $8 jar of Dave's Gourmet.... in a casserole. Also, Delallo pasta is pretty good. It was my first time having it (because it was free, which is the best kind of pasta really) and I rather liked it even though I usually don't like spaghetti at all.

I'll go to my room now.

:blink: Lucky!

I think I'm going to have leftovers. I'll be too busy making bagels to do things like cook! My husband can eat whatever he finds for dinner. There is a perfectly good casserole he could be eating if he weren't so picky.

I'm working the next 3 days, whole days. I'm putting the remainder of my casserole into single serve containers and freezing it. I'll have 3 leftover bagels after the one I eat tonight to have for breakfast for 3 days. Plus I have a month's supply of snacks that I picked up on Saturday so all I have to do is pick and choose what to throw in my bag every morning. The hardest part? Staving off boredom for all 3 of those days... there are only so many amusing games on kongregate that I can play before I'll go stark raving mad.

making... bagels?

#6967 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://www.celiac.co...e-bagel-recipe/

Someone started this nonsense earlier today. All I needed was one person saying it was an awesome recipe and I was off and running. BTW I'm just licking the last of the cream cheese off my fingers from my first one and all I can say is holy craponacracker! I didn't manage to make them pretty, but they are beyond divine. Someone please order me a goodyear sized mumu. The only thing that would have made it more perfect was lox.

My next step is to modify the recipe just a little to turn it into pumpkin spice bagels. That is next week's project. I'm trying to guess how many tries that's gonna take.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6968 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

http://www.celiac.co...e-bagel-recipe/

Someone started this nonsense earlier today. All I needed was one person saying it was an awesome recipe and I was off and running. BTW I'm just licking the last of the cream cheese off my fingers from my first one and all I can say is holy craponacracker! I didn't manage to make them pretty, but they are beyond divine. Someone please order me a goodyear sized mumu. The only thing that would have made it more perfect was lox.

My next step is to modify the recipe just a little to turn it into pumpkin spice bagels. That is next week's project. I'm trying to guess how many tries that's gonna take.

or you could add apples to it.

#6969 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

or you could add apples to it.

That would be interesting to try. My husband wants me to make blueberry ones. I think blueberry cinnamon. Like I said, I'm gonna get so fat. I may just eat a bagel a day for the rest of my life.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6970 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

all I can say is holy craponacracker! 

now, now, now....if yer gonna use that, you need to put @IrishHeart. copyright laws, and all. just sayin. :D

Ok, now who's the wisacre who posted a delicious bagel recipe? I can't believe we are being challenged this way.

Never got those muumuus and I have to walk on a beach for the love of mike and I can't be blobbing around like a giant giraffe-sized jello jiggler. Thighs aflapping and whatnot...

So....Shadow? did you try the puddin??

I have decided (because it's fall weather down here)

roflmao.gif

(see, that's hilarious because it's 86 and I spent the morning on the beach watching young men surfing.....)

to make a brisket. Not just any brisket, but something called Atlanta Brisket and it has  coca-cola in the recipe.

It should fall away from the carving knife like butter, they claim. I'll be the judge of that.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6971 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

now, now, now....if yer gonna use that, you need to put @IrishHeart. copyright laws, and all. just sayin. :D

Ok, now who's the wisacre who posted a delicious bagel recipe? I can't believe we are being challenged this way.

Never got those muumuus and I have to walk on a beach for the love of mike and I can't be blobbing around like a giant giraffe-sized jello jiggler. Thighs aflapping and whatnot...

roflmao.gif

(see, that's hilarious because it's 86 and I spent the morning on the beach watching young men surfing.....)

to make a brisket. Not just any brisket, but something called Atlanta Brisket and it has  coca-cola in the recipe.

It should fall away from the carving knife like butter, they claim. I'll be the judge of that.

Nope not yet, I don't have the stuff to make it.

I get the last of my beef soup tonight.

I'm going to make mac and cheese sometime soon.

#6972 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

roflmao.gif

Sometimes people steal other people's sayings because saying the things in their head would be crass, crude and explicit. I can either have an anger management problem or a swearing problem, I choose to have a swearing problem.  :P In the future though I'll try to remember my ™. As penance I'll have an oatmeal butterscotch cookie for dessert with my lunch, putting oatmeal in a cookie makes it health food instead of a treat right?

Also, I never thought of the whole hanging out watching guys surf all day thing. Hmm.... maybe Florida really does have its merits! And you are way easily amused this morning, which is amusing. 

I left for work without giving a single thought to my dinner. My husband isn't working today though so maybe I should make him cook for me! I need someone I can live with and be their kitchen grunt. I can do things like chop and get things out of the oven, just so I don't have to be the person with ideas. 

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6973 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

This another reason why you could easily live with me. :lol:  I am an "idea person". I love to come up with creative ideas for food--and drinks--and, I do not even mind washing dishes.

But, if you will help chop and dice and lift crap our of the oven for me (because you know my shoulders are bad) well, we'd be a match made in heaven.

Yes, take 2 cookies, repent and we're good. 

As for the watching the surfers thinger, it's my morning ritual and...if you do not want to come all this way, there's always California....why do think SKI is always going down to the ocean?? She doesn't surf anymore B) therefore......

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#6974 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

It's so unfair!!!! I'm pro-ocean but anti-humidity. I love love love the desert too much to leave. I need a desert with an ocean attached.  :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#6975 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

It's so unfair!!!! I'm pro-ocean but anti-humidity. I love love love the desert too much to leave. I need a desert with an ocean attached.  :D

low or no humidity in fall, winter, spring. Honest, If my hair is not kinky-curling, it's not humid. It's not kinking.

And I'm not sticking around for the very hot sticky stuff. That's when I am going North. ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: