#7366 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Jammies here. I am under the weather.

I have something--a stomach bug maybe?--I do not think I was glutened but we did go out to dinner Thursday for our anniversary.

The meal was superb, complete with champagne and oysters, etc.

The chef was sure the rack of lamb and bean ragout was G F. But we  came home and I promptly hurled for 3 hours. <_< 

My body begs to differ with his assessment, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. This is an upscale place and I'd really like it to be a special occasion place for us. sigh.  

anyhoo...

Hubs went to get us a chicken at BJs. I am not hungry....waaa....

And Addy :Daisy brand is just sour cream. I agree with you, I don't want anything in my sour cream except cream.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#7367 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Get better! Sometimes our hurling isn't from gluten so maybe it was something else? I'll live in denial with you. :P

Not a lot of places have Daisy around here. It's weird. But we have a "local" large dairy called Darigold and Costco carries a 3 pound :ph34r: tub of their sour cream that I picked up this week. Two ingredients. My husband was all "do we really need that much sour cream?" I was like do we NOT need that much?

Also, those rotisserie chickens are awesome for under the weather days. At least you know if you feel like eating you have ready to go safe food. :)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7368 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

In case no one knew, today is NATIONAL BROWNIE DAY! Have a brownie, it's practically a rule. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7369 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

My husband was all "do we really need that much sour cream?" I was like do we NOT need that much?

I know, right? plus,I use it in my baking. Superior rolls and pizza crusts that way. My pal Sherry who owns the G F bakery gave me that tip.

In case no one knew, today is NATIONAL BROWNIE DAY! Have a brownie, it's practically a rule. :D

oh come now.......EVERY day is Brownie day to you.! :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#7370 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Avgolemono soup (Greek chicken lemon rice)

Greek salad with homemade unctuous vinaigrette

Toasted coconut meringues with rose water

chef.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7371 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

If i wanted to do a baked pasta using ancient harvest qunioa pasta, how would i go about doing so?

#7372 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

unctuous vinaigrette

chef.gif

ok, love2, ya got me again!  ima hafta google that one :)  (not the vinegrette part lolz)

tonight is tuesday surprise - i'll be surprised if i eat One More Time today, i have been a p-i-g pig.  maybe some gelato, if i can stand something cold in this weather (besides a bards :P )

last night i had dinner at some hoity toity place in the next town over.  it was a combined lions party with the club from their town and ours.  i called ahead and talked to the owner, he said he would make me a salad.   i was all like, well, i'm not a vegetarian.  what else is on the menu?  he said he would call me back and we would go over it.  (with immense sighing, like it was a chore)  i get off the phone and husband is glaring daggers at me:  YOU KNOW THAT'S ALSO A BAKERY, RIGHT ok, ok, so i call the guy back and tell him i'll make other arrangements.  so i walk into the place, and the guy is (ya know the one)   Snarky McSnarker from Snarksville, the county Snark.  he says:  we do the gluten free thing all the time, you know.  we know what we're doing.   my high horse was *right there* , i mean, just waiting for me to jump on!  he was gonna get the biggest lesson in celiac.  but i was nice................  <_<   k, none of my cronies showed up.  some of my club was there, but the ones who save me a seat, etc, must have known how awful these things are - but nobody sent me the memo!!  wth  :mellow:   it was a bust.  a snoozchebag fest.  i was texting my husband "gnawing my leg off" then some lady started bashing truckers and i had to go.  on the way out some guy hit on me (really?????????????)

yes, i think dinner will be gelato  :)  and bards  :lol:  as a reward for not losing my coolish coolness. 

sunday, i yelled at a guy in church.  i figure i better not get on a roll.  (LOLZ!)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7373 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

—used to describe someone who speaks and behaves in a way that is meant to seem friendly and polite but that is unpleasant because it is obviously not sincere

vinaigrette ???

:)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#7374 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

—used to describe someone who speaks and behaves in a way that is meant to seem friendly and polite but that is unpleasant because it is obviously not sincere

vinaigrette ???

in the culinary world, it has a "special meaning"  :D

http://m.cdapress.co...3.html?mode=jqm

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7375 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

on the way out some guy hit on me (really?????????????)

You could never lose your coolish coolishness!!. 

Some dude hit on me at the beach today. really. At. the. Beach. 

I am in my (ahem) 50s. I am reading my book, catching some rays and my Vit D fix and he wants to chat at me. 

He's like 25-30 feet away laying on a towel. The waves are crashing. And he's asking me questions. oy! dude!

Stop. Talking. This is my quiet place. :lol: J comes back to pick me up and carry my chair to the car for me (cuz that's the kinda guy he is--all 6'4" of him)

and he shut up rather quickly.

(He golfs while I beach, BTW. )

Hilarious.

Looking at some pork tenderloin roasted with root veggies and possibly some unctuous gravy. ^_^ .

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7376 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

in the culinary world, it has a "special meaning"  :D

http://m.cdapress.co...3.html?mode=jqm

insincere salad dressing - haha is that woman implying aaron sanchez has unctuous hair gel?   lololz  maybe made from beef tongue  ^_^

oy! dude!

Stop. Talking. This is my quiet place. :lol: J comes back to pick me up and carry my chair to the car for me (cuz that's the kinda guy he is--all 6'4" of him)

and he shut up rather quickly.

yes, i also have my mean-looking, big man - so i usually don't have anyone brave enough to try to pick me up.  last night, i was sans said man and mr next town over doesn't know who i am.   or that they call my hubs:  howlnmad  ;)   not for nothin'  B)

we still got it, irish  :)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#7377 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

we still got it, irish  :)

whoo hoo!

girl-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7378 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

We are having fish (cod) and chips and battered onion rings with unctuous (just had to!) tartar sauce chock full with capers. 

Maybe after dinner I will have to try to do some flirting of my own, seeing how Irish managed to get hit on wearing her teeny tiny pink polka dot bikini! 

GUY...

what-s-your-sign.gif

IRISH...

are-you-flirting-with-me.gif

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7379 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

GUY...

what-s-your-sign.gif

IRISH...

YIELD!

talk-to-the-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7380 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

vinaigrette ???

big-smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: