love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

YIELD!

talk-to-the-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif

This will be me black_eye.gif if I don't shut_up.gif.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#7382 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

This will be me black_eye.gif if I don't shut_up.gif.

no, that was my sign to the guy! LOL

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7383 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

no, that was my sign to the guy! LOL

After posting, I realized I had a doofus.gif moment.

grrr.gif, dumb guy.  spaghetti-smooch.gif is NOT in your future!

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7384 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

After posting, I realized I had a doofus.gif moment.

grrr.gif, dumb guy.  spaghetti-smooch.gif is NOT in your future!

hahaha! you really need to get out of that cold air.. And you really have mastered the emoticon thinger..!  

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7385 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

I was making pancakes for supper. I had the dry ingredients all ready and the wet just about ready when the power went out. The power company said 4 hours so I'm headed to In N Out for my dinner. I'm thinking double double, fries and a chocolate shake. I got my pancakes put away by candlelight and they'll hold until tomorrow.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7386 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

If i wanted to do a baked pasta using ancient harvest qunioa pasta, how would i go about doing so?

I do baked pasta often with brown rice pasta.  It is hard to overcook.  I haven't used the ancient harvest pasta, but if you have, you should know whether or not it overcooks easily.  If it does, I would cook it to 3 minutes under the usual time needed.  If it is REALLY easy to overcook, I would try the brown rice pasta (I use tinkyada).  Under cooking it will make it turn out normal by the time it sits and bakes in the sauce and absorbs liquid.  I have used some 100% corn pastas and corn/rice pastas that go to mushy crud the instant you pass a certain time, and when you reheat it.  

I make a killler lasagna... pretty much 2 pounds of everything that is tasty and bad for you.  Yummmm.  But for any baked pasta just toss in your noodles, sauce, and whatever else you want in there, and sprinkle cheese on top, bake until bubbly.  I usually do anything I throw together at 375 F.  The last minute or two you can put on the broiler to brown the cheese but watch it closely so it doesn't burn.

Last night I made enchiladas.  Talking about it on here and giving yall the recipe gave me a craving!  Tonight I got a to-go order from my favorite restaurant here that caters to celiacs wonderfully.  It is called "From across the pond"  in Hurst, TX.  I live too far away to go as often as I would like so any time I go near it I make an excuse to stop in.  It is run by brits and they talk to you in their lovely accent and I love that, too.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7387 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

My husband decided that he wanted those pancakes for breakfast, so now I have to actually make dinner. Tonight is chili night. He's coming home late and it'll be cold. Plus I want something that will be truly satisfying. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and they want me to fast before I go so getting a good meal tonight will count for a lot. I'm also taking snacks with me tomorrow. The minute they put a needle in me and get my blood I'm stuffing my face.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7388 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Reprieve from eating less than healthily lately...I am making authentic Greek salad with an unctuous dressing. Just a big old bowl of goodness. Tomorrow braising pork.

#7389 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Today my gallbladder is bothering me so I just microwaved an acorn squash and ate that for lunch with some gluten-free pretzels because they were on the counter and looked tasty.  I don't know if I just got an oddball one, but the squash had oddly pale flesh and had a very weak taste.  I just added more stuff to it to make it palatable.  Tonight I may may myself some french toast on Udis bread if my stomach can handle it.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#7390 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

Apple cider maple braised pork shoulder with unctuous jus
Roasted garlic and grainy mustard whipped potatoes with crispy shallots
Roasted broccoli with lemon aioli and capers

#7391 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

Today my gallbladder is bothering me so I just microwaved an acorn squash and ate that for lunch with some gluten-free pretzels because they were on the counter and looked tasty.  I don't know if I just got an oddball one, but the squash had oddly pale flesh and had a very weak taste.  I just added more stuff to it to make it palatable.  Tonight I may may myself some french toast on Udis bread if my stomach can handle it.

Are you feeling better today?

#7392 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Are you feeling better today?

I am :)  Thanks for thinking of me!  I am going out shopping this evening with a family member so maybe we can get some tasty food somewhere :)

#7393 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I am glad you are able to get out for some fun.  Distractions really help when ill or in pain. 

#7394 d33dee1988

d33dee1988

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Low(er) carb gluten-free/DF/SF Clam Chowder:

Earth Balance soy free "butter"

Rutabagas instead of potatoes

onions, garlic, leeks, celery

Native Son Whole Classic Coconut Milk (2 cans)

Seafood broth (Kitchen Basics) 

bushel of thyme

Frozen or canned chopped clams (add at the end with lemon and dill) 

topped with bacon !!

#7395 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

I had the good sense to agree to work today without checking the weather reports. We've got a lovely inversion going on which meant that by the time I got to work I was gasping for air and all I could taste was dust and exhaust in the back of my throat. It eased up inside but I have to look forward to the trip home.  <_< I always forget about this part of winter.

I have no idea yet what is for dinner. Last night I made a lovely pork roast, but there was only enough leftovers for me to have a small lunch. I may just try for an easy night and go for chili cheese dogs and fries. If I get ambitious I'll do breakfast, with hash browns, sausage and omelets. Whatever turns out to be, it will involve hot cocoa in my new mug. It took forever because of the ice storm, but my package finally showed up yesterday with my new Rainbow Dash mug. Now I can enjoy my cocoa 20% cooler. 

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: