9486 replies to this topic

#7396 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I had the good sense to agree to work today without checking the weather reports. We've got a lovely inversion going on which meant that by the time I got to work I was gasping for air and all I could taste was dust and exhaust in the back of my throat. It eased up inside but I have to look forward to the trip home.  <_< I always forget about this part of winter.

I have no idea yet what is for dinner. Last night I made a lovely pork roast, but there was only enough leftovers for me to have a small lunch. I may just try for an easy night and go for chili cheese dogs and fries. If I get ambitious I'll do breakfast, with hash browns, sausage and omelets. Whatever turns out to be, it will involve hot cocoa in my new mug. It took forever because of the ice storm, but my package finally showed up yesterday with my new Rainbow Dash mug. Now I can enjoy my cocoa 20% cooler. 

Not fun :(

I'm planning on making a noodle stirfry. I tried the rice noodles this past weekend and.... they were very very good. It will probably be a veggie version, mushrooms, snow peas, broccoli, carrots and whatever else i can toss in.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#7397 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Plump ricotta gnocchi with two sauces - homemade tomato and fresh basil and a creamy roasted garlic Parmesan sauce.
Homemade Italian breadsticks.

Nuthin for dessert as we are being rather gluttonous tonight.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7398 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Plump ricotta gnocchi with two sauces - homemade tomato and fresh basil and a creamy roasted garlic Parmesan sauce.

gnocchi? Do you have a recipe for it?

#7399 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

gnocchi? Do you have a recipe for it?

Yes. Ricotta or potato?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7400 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yes. Ricotta or potato?

Both!!! :D :D

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7401 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

topped with bacon !!

yeah, you fit right in lolz  ;)  bacon goes with everything, right y'un's ?

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#7402 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

gnocchi gnudi!!??  i *love* that dish  :)

tonight is church dinner w/kids Christmas program (grandson & niece & nephew are in it) so i am making a pasta/tiny sausage meatball bake.  omgosh, i could not stop eating the sausage meatballs, they are sooooo good.  just sausage, egg, bread & breadcrumbs (and a little milk)  yumzz...........

oh, and the pasta?  ron zoni, my new italian friend  :lol:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#7403 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,544 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bacon goes with everything. Bacon is essential to happiness in life.

If you like bacon, you're my sister and I love you.

Friday was hub's Bday. I ask " what would you like, babes?" He knows he can have whatever he wants. He is spoiled and he deserves to be.

He wanted filet mignon with sauteed portabellas, smashed garlic potatoes and broccoli.  

er, That's it?

easy peasy.

He suggested we have gelato instead of me making a flourless chocolate cake with ganache so we did not eat it for days. He's very wise. 

We do not need to become the "Wide-enders"

Saturday we continued the festivities with lobstahs, corn on the cob... champagne and other frivolities.  :D

Today is an Atlanta Brisket. Been cooking for hours and the house smells like yumsters.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7404 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

Chicken Marsala

Bay and lemon-infused rice

Bourbon glazed roast carrots

Fresh homemade shortbread, nice and thick (I also added vanilla bean)

#7405 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Tonight was beef stew and homemade brownies. Yummmm

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#7406 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

We had lemon pepper chicken breasts, baked potatoes in the microwave (because I forgot to put wedges in the oven in time, oops) and brown sugar baby carrots. All finished off with the usual late nightcap of cocoa. My husband found a divine mix for me that is caramel mocha that I'm just totally in love with. It's nice on the nights I don't feel like making it from actual cocoa powder.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7407 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

Chicken Piccata
Brown rice
Sherried mushrooms
...and more buttery, thick, beautious vanilla bean shortbread

#7408 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Simples tonight!

Plump juicy slightly spicy Italian sausages (roasted in the oven)

Cheddar bacon perogies

Minted peas

...and more vanilla bean shortbread!  I just

#7409 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

When the snow is super bad my husband doesn't drive in it because his car is not exactly the world's best for a long winter commute in bad weather. So, I'll be picking him up tonight which puts a real damper on the whole cooking thing. I'm probably going to totally cheat at dinner and pick up a box of mac and cheese at the store and throw burgers on the indoor grill. I'm sure I have some veggies in the freezer to steam in the microwave and that will be a quick and easy dinner without any significant effort after we get home from our trek on the treacherous roads tonight. (I know it's a horrible dinner but I just don't want to put effort into anything after a long trek on roads with a bunch of morons who don't understand the meaning of driving appropriately for the conditions.)

Oh... and there will be hot chocolate with sugar cookie marshmallows. Yes, those are a thing. B)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7410 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

I thought I would share this for everyone today. Have a great day. Merry Christmas!

http://lizclimo.tumblr.com/

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: