9534 replies to this topic

#736 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

We're having pizza tonight. One with roasted garlic, caramelized onions with fontina and mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil, the other plain pepperoni for the kiddos. We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I'm kinda excited. :)

I don't blame you - I would be excited, too! The caramelized onion, roasted garlic with those cheeses is marvelous.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#737 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P :lol: :lol:
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#738 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Grilled skinless chicken thighs that I marinated overnight in Memphis style (safe homemade and tangy/spicy) BBQ sauce, grilled sweet taters, salad. Fresh sweet cherries for dessert. Yum.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#739 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Tonight I made: Lightly breaded chicken breasts (with homemade gluten-free bread crumbs of course), baked potato, fresh steamed asparagus with a light lemon sauce over the chicken and asparagus... YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#740 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P :lol: :lol:

LOL I remember the days!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#741 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#742 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#743 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!

We live in northern Alberta but thankfully not in the area where there are catastrophic forest fires. Actually, that puts things into perspective.

This is unusually cold, even for here. To speak in gardening terms, we have on average only 87 frost-free days per year and are Zone 1a. No wonder I cannot wait to live in Croatia!!

#744 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

#745 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

Sounds good! Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them? I have seen recipes, I think, but I have not been brave enough to try making them. With the hot weather a pita sounds faboulous!
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#746 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them?

Exactly what I was thinking . . . inquiring minds want to know!!!
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#747 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

I buy them in Tesco. It's their own Free From range and are free from gluten, wheat and milk.

#748 wildwood

wildwood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/...ound-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

#749 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/...ound-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Oh, that sounds good! Thanks for shaing! I might have to try making it in the slow cooker. There's no way I'm turning on my oven. We are in the upper 90's here today. I STILL don't know what to make for dinner. I'm leaning toward turkey sandwiches on toasted Udi's bread and baby carrots because I really don't want to cook.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#750 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Island chicken (marinated baked chicken), brown rice, steamed broccoli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: