9633 replies to this topic

#7486 Aquadan005

Aquadan005

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

So, either I drank too much of the aplle brandy while cooking or the recipe just wasn't as good as it sounded, was kinda bland. I'll have to give this one another spin sometime and tweak it, ALOT!
Now, what to make tonight,hmmm....

Officially diagnosed 12/24/13 (Merry Christmas to me)

The greatest truths are the simplest;

and so are the greatest men.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#7487 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

So, either I drank too much of the aplle brandy while cooking or the recipe just wasn't as good as it sounded, was kinda bland. I'll have to give this one another spin sometime and tweak it, ALOT!
Now, what to make tonight,hmmm....

lolz - did you have a 'formal' recipe or were you just winging it ?  i wonder if a marinade or rub combined with some awesome apple goodness alcohol cream sauce would be good..............   hmmmmmmm.....................  i *do* loves to play wit ma food.......  ;)

irish, get that house done.  watch out for them indians. 

my interwebs have miraculously repaired themselves?  so, no eye candy to-day  ;)  my husband says "NOBODY gets a little fridge magnet with the repair guys cell phone # on it"  LOLZ sometimes i wonder if he pays these guys to be extra nice to me to keep my giant ego intact  <_<

last night, i made ground lamb kabobs - dee lishioussssssnessss - served with flatbread, tzakiki <(sp) (cucumber/garlic/yogurt sauce) tomato, lettuce, kalamatas, feta. 

tonight i want fish sammiches, like a filet-o-fish but with actual fish.  i wonder how onion rings are fried in coconut oil.  note to self:  take some out BEFORE you fry stuff if you want to try it on your dry skin..............

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7488 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Apparently glaring at a sick husband does not provide adequate protection from illness. <_< On a bright note though, the library texted me today to let me know that it's my turn to borrow Fahrenheit 451 which is one of my favorite ever books. So I went and picked it up to keep me busy for the weekend. I'm not coughing too much yet so hopefully I didn't infect anyone. :ph34r:

I had a grilled ham and cheese as something like a late lunch or early dinner. Not really sure which. Then later this evening I snacked on pepperonis, mozzarella and Breton crackers. Cooking is really high on my list of things I'm not doing right now.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7489 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

I really feel like fresh bread, but have mildly less energy than I estimate a half dead sloth does. So I'm just going to throw together a pan of flatbread, maybe with some rosemary or something in it. If I can find any further ambition I'll have something with my flatbread. If not, maybe I'll just open a jar of spaghetti sauce for dipping or a can of roasted tomatoes to make a quick sauce from.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7490 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

we are having venison stew.  i am throwing things in a pot - so far, i have:

BACON  <yeah!

onion

venison

diced tomatoes

beef broth

i has corn, carrots & taters, maybe some green beans........

feel better, addy, the flu is SUCKY  :(

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#7491 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Addy

Don't those tomatoes cause histamine symptoms for you?  (if not, mazeltov!). They would make me burst into flames.

Bunless burgers with sauteed onions, sweet potato fries, gluten-free beer for the hubs.

We like watching the playoffs and this is football food 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7492 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Then later this evening I snacked on pepperonis, mozzarella and Breton crackers. 

I finally picked up some of those Breton crackers and I am a believer now. lol.  Tonight is grilled chicken with sweet potatoes and carrots.  An Orange meal, haha.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#7493 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Addy

Don't those tomatoes cause histamine symptoms for you?  (if not, mazeltov!). They would make me burst into flames.

Bunless burgers with sauteed onions, sweet potato fries, gluten-free beer for the hubs.

We like watching the playoffs and this is football food 

Shhhh..... I was thinking a small amount, which won't be so bad. Especially if I don't do something stupid like get out that block of parm to shave some off on my bread.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#7494 Aquadan005

Aquadan005

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

So we had spaghetti for dinner, gluten free of course. I was pleasantly surprised by the pasta. Bionature organic gluten free, made from rice, potato and soy. Smothered of course with my own homemade sauce. At least I won't have to suffer when it comes to spaghetti !!

#7495 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

So we had spaghetti for dinner, gluten free of course. I was pleasantly surprised by the pasta. Bionature organic gluten free, made from rice, potato and soy. Smothered of course with my own homemade sauce. At least I won't have to suffer when it comes to spaghetti !!

:)  Glad to hear you had a good meal.  It sounds like you got lucky finding a pasta brand you like on the first try! Definitely do not have to miss out on pasta.

Tonight I made chicken quesadillas with refried beans and fresh guac.  Hubby hates it so more for me!

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#7496 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Crispy pork carnitas
Cheesy cauliflower bake
Cabbage slaw
Homemade Arabian cucumber pickles
Flourless bittersweet chocolate cake with hazelnut butter filling
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7497 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Tonight I made chicken quesadillas with refried beans and fresh guac.  Hubby hates it so more for me!

I would soooo eat his portion!   But not right now. I'm  still torturing myself with this paleo thinger.  ^_^

Crispy pork carnitas
Cheesy cauliflower bake
Cabbage slaw
Homemade Arabian cucumber pickles
Flourless bittersweet chocolate cake with hazelnut butter filling

cake? I don't have any cake. I love cake. 

I've got a mixed salad greens with pork roast and some coconut "Ice Cream".

.............mumbling.....people are eating quesadillas and crackers and cheese and chocolate cake in here....damn it....any crumbs around?? look on the floor, look on the floor.! wait.....what's that...is that some cracker over there?....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7498 Aquadan005

Aquadan005

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Found lasagna noodles in Giant today. Woo-Hoo ! can't wait for dinner on Monday!

#7499 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Tonight I got some small strip steaks, green beans, and risotto.

#7500 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

last night i had:

spinach salad (OM GOSH i made the most awesome crunchies with rice chex and almonds to go on salad - after numerous attempts i have finally got it right :D)  with mandarin oranges, gorgonzola, craisins & poppyseed dressing <brianna's oh, so good!)

'bang bang' shrimp - bonefish copycat recipe

rice noodles

white mice cookies :) 

and i took that to my lion's club meeting - i go in with my giant backpack and many tiny containers and take over half a table lolz

tonight i has a belgian endive - i'm thinking some kind of salad - it's play wit ma food night, because the husband is Out of Town  :D

irish - SURELY YOU CAN EAT GELATO?????  <it's a superfood, after all............  ;)  and it's my plan B in case i make a debauchery of belgian endives.

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: