9633 replies to this topic

#8161 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

yum....Bisquick Pot Pie...is it on the box?

No. It's this one with some modifications

http://www.bettycroc...58-e0bb35751d55

I use a 9x13 pan. So I use about 1 1/4 cup Bisquick for the crust - add a little extra milk if needed to get a thick consistency. I peel , cut boil , drain, 2 potatoes. I use about 1 cup milk and 21/2 cups chicken broth.

There is another recipe with canned soup that is good but pretty salty. Really easy though.

http://www.bettycroc...ac-65abf9757943

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8162 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

No. It's this one with some modifications

http://www.bettycroc...58-e0bb35751d55

I use a 9x13 pan. So I use about 1 1/4 cup Bisquick for the crust - add a little extra milk if needed to get a thick consistency. I peel , cut boil , drain, 2 potatoes. I use about 1 cup milk and 21/2 cups chicken broth.

There is another recipe with canned soup that is good but pretty salty. Really easy though.

http://www.bettycroc...ac-65abf9757943

Edited: Those are great...love the first one and will try it next week when we are on the flip side of KFG week ;)

Edited by GottaSki, 30 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#8163 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

I have an amazing husband who worked his butt off on his day off for me. Halfway through the move I decided I wanted a little lunch. Exactly when the dishes were 100% in the new kitchen and the food was 100% in the old kitchen. Not exactly helpful for finding a meal. Lucky me I had one leftover slice of pizza that I threw in my little oven on a piece of foil and had that after it was warm. I dragged my husband off to my meeting, and will get a smaller space that better suits me that is in the shade for half the price for the markets. YAY!!! Went shopping for a few things we needed and finally splurged for something I've been dying for for months. This is our new move in gift to ourselves. http://www.chefn.com...uct.aspx?id=261

Dinner was pan fried rib eyes (balsamic glazed onions topping for me) with ore ida simply potato wedges and corn. Simple, yet perfectly delicious and a great way to end a long and stressful/wonderful day.

Also, last night I noticed a light rash on the backs of my hands. I shrugged it off thinking I must have gotten a little cleaner on me or something that irritated my skin. Today I got into no cleaners, only my dish soap and water. The rash has spread onto the backs of my fingers, one wrist and my hands very lightly yet noticeably puffy and warm to the touch. Panic time, popped the benadryl. I have no idea what the actual hell I'm reacting to. If it's worse when I get up I may end up in an instacare for my morning. Joy.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8164 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

This is my new kitchen. It isn't large, but it's all mine! One from right after I finished cleaning and the other is after I moved in my stuff, the counter appliances and such are (maybe) where I like them.

IMG_0200_zps996886fd.jpg

IMG_0201_zps28506bef.jpg

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8165 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Nothing wrong with the size of that kitchen -- loads of cabinets and less floor to mop :)

Another scorcher today so we continue with the week of KFG cooking...next up is the Balsamic Chicken recipe I posted yesterday -- don't think I'll be doctoring this one much except I'm using a whole cut up chicken -- hubs is a breast man ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#8166 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

Nothing wrong with the size of that kitchen -- loads of cabinets and less floor to mop :)

Another scorcher today so we continue with the week of KFG cooking...

next up is the Balsamic Chicken recipe I posted yesterday -- don't think I'll be doctoring this one much except I'm using a whole cut up chicken --

hubs is a breast man ;)

Ditto.

Ditto.

not sure what the hell I am doing just yet.

lol and Double ditto.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8167 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

You guys are funny. I'm not complaining about the size of the kitchen, was just mentioning that it's small. The only downside to it is if we're passing each other we're rubbing up against each other. Well, maybe that isn't a downside after all. ;) There is a "cabinet" around the corner (freestanding) to use as a pantry, that's what makes it feel small. The lack of a pantry.

I'm not sure exactly what will happen tonight for supper. He's working 2 hours earlier than usual to do a sleep study, but I had already made plans to go to my bff's office and work for her this evening (she's an accountant and I do bookkeeping stuff) thinking I'd be home before he gets home late. I guess he's on his own for dinner and to see himself off. I'll just have to feed myself and while that means I could have whatever I want, I'll probably just do something easy with little cleanup. Maybe that burger I keep saying I'm making and don't get around to.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8168 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

I love your kitchen!

Cool bunnies set.  Do they come as a black and white set or your choose black OR white?

I love those tiered basket things.  (I bought one for myself then donated it to a fundraiser.  Maybe I thought I would buy it back, but the bids went too high.)

My whole house needs to be scrubbed!

Michigan

#8169 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

It comes as a black and white set. I had intended when I went into the store to buy the plain little ball that is either red, blue or green and clear. But my husband was all omg this is so cute! And I was like yeah, it's freakin' adorable. And $20. (on sale!) We walked a bit and came back to it deciding we needed both a move in gift and could pass on a few other small things for a while to fit it into our budget. It isn't like they're on sale every day. I may have an impulse shopping problem. :ph34r:

My MIL bought that basket thing when I was doing the Bountiful Baskets produce thing every Saturday morning. There is also a hanging one upstairs. (which I'd prefer to have but takes more effort to move) She doesn't want/need them and told me to take this one so I did when I realized I had nowhere to put all my onions.

We were in a dollar store last night that is closing and I picked up a bargain $.75 bottle of Rainbow Dash colored nail polish. Today is manicure day for me.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8170 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

My husband is away for a sleep study again tonight. He didn't sleep enough the first time to get enough readings to be conclusive about needing a c-pap so they're just going to try one to see if it helps since he obviously has at least a moderate apnea problem. I was at the office late (it feels so weird to say that!) with my best friend setting up all my accounts so I can start doing everything and doing taxes tomorrow. (lots of people file late, and there is lots of tax stuff to do all year round) So, with all this going on, I came home and had toast and fried eggs for supper and painted my nails while watching the episode of Grey's Anatomy I've been waiting months for!!!

I also haven't played a minute of video games for over 48 hours, which must be a record for me and haven't played more than 30-45 minutes at a time since last weekend. So, since I'm alone and in far too much pain for sleep I think I'm going to have a late night gaming session to give my nails the time they need to set. And I need some fun since tomorrow is "relax" day while I sit and lose myself in a virtual stack of tax paperwork. A mecca. ^_^ (I'm twisted)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8171 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Last night's Balsamic Chicken rocked the crock....also did something I found brilliant...I married Addie's Brazilian Cheese Bread with Jamie's new donut pan - really worked well..instead of puffs it made firmer cheesy bread rings...hubs hasn't made fun of the donut pans crowding the cupboard...between chocolate carmel donuts and cheesy rings...I think they are safe (he tends to "clear" out kitchen items when I'm horizontal, meanwhile there is an entire shop and storage room downstairs that never gets "cleared of crap" ;)

Still cool here...that'll change in a couple hours...might be one more night of crockin'...Spider-Man with the men late afternoon/early evening - can't wait.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps  :wub:

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8172 moosemalibu

moosemalibu

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

tgif-cat.jpg

I don't have any grand plans for dinner.. chicken, broccoli and potatoes. May swap out broccoli for asparagus. Who knows! TGIF!

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13

Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October

Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac

HLA-DQ2 positive

Vitamin D insufficiency confirmed 12-6-13

Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14

Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 

Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Dairy removed again 10-2014 due to ongoing diarrhea symptoms

Diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis after colonoscopy 12-1-14

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8173 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

the other night, i made (without a recipe, so i even impressed myself) crab rangoons, and made my own potsticker pasta wrappers.  also battered and fried zucchini (hey, did i mention we have a new deep fryer LOLZ)  i can't believe my pasta turned out damb near perfect.  just gotta remind myself to beat the hell out of the dough for like 10 minutes  <_<

tonight is pork paprika w/potato pancakes and sweet & sour red cabbage <home grown & canned)  this is the meal that keeps me married  :)  maybe even alive!!  lolz the recipe is not written down ;)

addy, your kitchen looks fabulous - happy cookin', miss!!  :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8174 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

the other night, i made (without a recipe, so i even impressed myself) crab rangoons, and made my own potsticker pasta wrappers.  also battered and fried zucchini (hey, did i mention we have a new deep fryer LOLZ)  i can't believe my pasta turned out damb near perfect.  just gotta remind myself to beat the hell out of the dough for like 10 minutes  <_<

I do believe I need to learn to make pasta -- added bonus -- stress reliever :)

Wow...you got a new deep fryer ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8175 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Cheers from Ski's Cool Zone -- lol the picture I took of son grimacing because I made him bring the camera is better -- none the less...

Cheers!

edited:  hmmm...picture is MIA...must be operator error...Pinot's to blame...will try again later.

off to float some more :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: