9633 replies to this topic

#811 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hey gourmands! I have some spicy ground pork sausage that I need to use. Any suggestions?

I know I had something in mind when I bought it, but can't for the life of me figure it out now!

Oh, and it has to be quick, too! I won't be getting home tonight until after 8, so I want something hubs and I can cook quickly.

All the recipes I know of are not really fast--things like meatballs, meatloaf, stuffed bell peppers and casseroles that take an hour in the oven or need to be started in a slow cooker in the morning. The only thing I can think of is if you have some pre-made gluten-free pizza crust you could just fry up the sausage in a skillet, drain well and throw it on a pizza crust.

ETA: thought of something else--pasta sauce. Fry it up, add jarred spaghetti sauce and top gluten-free pasta.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#812 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

We had grilled fish with mango chutney and grilled sweet potatoes tonight. I should have made a salad, but didn't feel like it and decided we just have to listen to our body sometimes. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#813 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

We had baked chicken and spinach and cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes. (feeling lazy b/c of the heat so I used potato buds and added the bacon and cheese)
Brownie and homemade ice cream later

#814 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

spaghetti with mung bean noodles and red wine. Actually the wine is first....
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#815 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Tomorrow night will be good.

Chicken wings, these potatoes, corn and salad.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#816 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Fried egg sandwich (egg, spinach, pepper, gluten-free brioche bread from glutenus minimus)

Cold blanched asparagus

one bite each: mint brownie, lemon scone, chocolate muffin, chai muffin, almond toffee cookie (the question was what goes into the freezer and what stays out to eat in the next few days... and yes, I used a knife to slice off bits...although... if you have a problem of other people eating your food, you could just take the approach of marking it as yours with your teeth)

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#817 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

one bite each: mint brownie, lemon scone, chocolate muffin, chai muffin, almond toffee cookie (the question was what goes into the freezer and what stays out to eat in the next few days... and yes, I used a knife to slice off bits...although... if you have a problem of other people eating your food, you could just take the approach of marking it as yours with your teeth)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonight I am working furiously, so I decided to do some stew lamb because it requires very little attention. I threw some crushed garlic, rosemary, an onion, and a little balsamic vinegar in there. We'll see how it turns out. I'm not sure what else to do with it, though I do have some fresh veggies that will probably do. Maybe some green beans and potatoes. IDK... :blink:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#818 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Tonight I had salmon patties, potato salad and raw veggies (celery, carrots and grape tomatoes). Dark sweet cherries later.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#819 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Lemongrass Shrimp with Pomegranate Glaze
Ginger Rice with Thai Basil
Warm Mushroom Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts and Black Garlic
Warm Banana Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#820 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

I had a HUGE lunch (chicken, sweet potato, broccoli, cheese and some grapes), so I will probably just have an egg with some gluten free cornbread for supper. I think I'm going to try frying the egg in butter. For the past five days I've been having my eggs soft boiled, but I think the fried one will be OK. And I have a nice ripe peach for dessert.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#821 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

TACO NIGHT!!!!!!! :D

I've loved taco night since I was a kid! I've just added avocadoes and fresh pico de gallo.
Oscar Wilde

Soy free Jan 09

#822 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Venison pan fried in little olive oil, new potatoes served with butter and oats, asparagus tips, mushrooms, a side salad with organic salad leaves, red onions, orange and yellow peppers, cherry tomato, cucumber and balsamic syrup and a port, cranberry and pepper sauce. I can't claim the credit for the sauce. The chef at our favourite restaurant gave me a tub of his. :rolleyes:

#823 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

We had vegetable risotto for a late lunch. I'm undecided on whether to cook dinner. We we proabbly just snack and graze on leftovers. :D
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#824 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Tonight I'm having a leftover salmon pattie, sweet potato fries and broccoli.

Plus Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies I had a box of BC gluten-free chocolate chip cookie mix that I wanted to use before it expires. I goofed in reading the directions so mine has a stick of butter, not 1/4 cup that the recipe calls for. :P Maybe that's why they taste so good. They baked beautifully and kept their rounded shape (I used a cookie scoop). I think they'd make cute little mini-muffins. I skipped the raisins. And if I don't quit eating them, they will be dinner. :lol:
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#825 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

I think we're doing some pork and lamb meatballs with red potatoes (probably mashed, but I'm not sure) and either the fresh peas or fresh snap beans that have been living in my fridge.

I'm starving. :ph34r:
Oscar Wilde

Soy free Jan 09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: