"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

Welcome Jody -- Dinner sounds great :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8237 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Haddock with balsamic-roasted bell peppers.

As I  was born in Boston, haddock was often  our Friday night special!  :D  YUM!!

Welcome, Jody!! 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8238 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I'm always off by a day I guess. Sunday night we had tacos, which was a day early. Last night we had pasta. Day early again. At least I'm ahead of schedule instead of behind. :P

I think we're having burgers tonight. I didn't make plans and it's getting kind of late and I still haven't made plans. That sort of turns it into burger night. Some sort of veggie or something with it and it's dinner. I'll try to be better tomorrow, but I never make promises I can't keep.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8239 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm always off by a day I guess. Sunday night we had tacos, which was a day early. Last night we had pasta. Day early again. At least I'm ahead of schedule instead of behind. :P

I think we're having burgers tonight. I didn't make plans and it's getting kind of late and I still haven't made plans. That sort of turns it into burger night. Some sort of veggie or something with it and it's dinner. I'll try to be better tomorrow, but I never make promises I can't keep.

Can't remember when my frig ever met a set schedule...tacos, etc and burgers sound perfect!

You sportin' any Gelato?   teasing...there is another thread you should join...

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#8240 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

Can't remember when my frig ever met a set schedule...tacos, etc and burgers sound perfect!

You sportin' any Gelato?   teasing...there is another thread you should join...

I was kidding about the pasta every Wed. thinger anyway. I had to go a long long time without sauce (all that "GERD"  and all) <_<

Tonight's looking like pork tenderloin with an easy fig jam and mustard glaze, sweet potato for J and "zoodles.". I just saute them quickly in EVOO and herbs. I'm cutting back on carbs and (ahem) ge-lahh-to.

Still lovin those zoodles, Ski. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8241 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

I don't have any gelato right now.

Crying-Smiley.jpg

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8242 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Crying-Smiley.jpg

Come on over quick -- I'm not going to trial mine any time soon -- but you have to be fast -- just told son he could have it!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8243 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Crying-Smiley.jpg

i have a VAT of it in the freezer, addy, help y'self :)  (sea salt & caramel, plus i have gluten-free SUGAR CONES om nom nommmm!)

last night was crab cakes, roasted brussels sprouts, and baby potatoes <hells yeah, i'm using those pricey suckers up, lolz :D

not cooking tonight, not cooking tomorrow night (going to one of our satellite kids grad party)  then, heading up to the university MY KID IS GRADUATING SATURDAY YAYYYY!   i'm going to take everybody out to eat......  maybe not ME, lolz, i might just be out to drink HAHA !!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8244 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

i have a VAT of it in the freezer, addy, help y'self :)  (sea salt & caramel, plus i have gluten-free SUGAR CONES om nom nommmm!)

last night was crab cakes, roasted brussels sprouts, and baby potatoes <hells yeah, i'm using those pricey suckers up, lolz :D

not cooking tonight, not cooking tomorrow night (going to one of our satellite kids grad party)  then, heading up to the university MY KID IS GRADUATING SATURDAY YAYYYY!   i'm going to take everybody out to eat......  maybe not ME, lolz, i might just be out to drink HAHA !!

oh cool...i forgot about the cones I had stashed -- will give them to the kids with Double Dark Chocolate hanging out in the freeze.

Another attempt at man-sized flour tortillas -- if they work out -- Carne Asada Burritos -- if not it'll be taco salad tonight :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8245 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Tonight I am venturing up to a restaurant that serves GLUTEN FREE FRIED CHICKEN!! :o

Technically I am taking my stepmom out for a mothers day dinner soooo... can't make it about me.  But I have a feeling I will enjoy it very much.  Making crock pot red beans with ham and cornbread for when my hubby gets home, I will probably nibble on that for lunch tomorrow.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8246 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Double dark chocolate and sea salt caramel... in cones? Yes yes yes please!!! My neuro doubled my gabapentin and it had the most god-awful side effect ever. I'm going off it but the only joy left me right now is probably gelato so I gotta get some until I'm off these meds. I did see my pain doc today though and he got me on an accelerated titration for getting off of it.

Gratz on the graduations! That's so exciting. :D :D :D :D My baby's last day of high school is tomorrow. My baby baby. And I know she doesn't live with me but she's going to a college five hours away from home. What's she gonna eat? How will she ever get a decent meal? How will her laundry get done? FIVE HOURS?!?! My oldest is heading off from her community college to a "real" college an hour away from home in the fall and has a truck so she'll be able to go home on the weekends for real food at least. My babies are pseudo-adults. :blink: How did this happen? Where did all the time go?

I think dinner tonight will be some sort of chicken something. Not sure exactly what. For now until it starts to manifest we'll call it chicken surprise because it sounds exciting. Last night I made french onion soup with my dinner. It was divine. I read like 5 recipes and then just cooked. Naturally the recipe with the most influence was the one with the most wine. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8247 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Chicken surprise is becoming buffalo chicken dip because apparently all it took was once to get my husband hooked and that's what he wants. I know it's not exactly the most appropriate food for me with the ranch and the Frank's (not a gluten issue, I have other issues) but I'll have a little because it's delicious! Maybe I'll stuff myself with a big fat bowl of fried green beans.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8248 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Today is my six week checkup after my hysterectomy. There may not be time for dinner. :lol:

Actually, in all seriousness. I went shopping at 1:30 this morning and found skin on chicken thighs on sale. So something thighs, maybe fried with crispy skin. I know I shouldn't but just YUM! Rainbow carrots and mashed potatoes and some sort of yummy sauce with all the bits out of the pan that I'll get off with wine. Making my husband suffer while I make an amazing dinner sounds like more and more fun. ;)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8249 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Some of you know of my quest to make a good large flour tortilla -- it has been over five years since my kids have had a decent sized burrito -- living in the land of Mexican Fast Food makes that beyond difficult.

The Quest is over!

Thanks to a recipe passed to me by another nonWE -- we now have safe gluten free (decent sized) burritos for the first time in over five years -- was wonderful to see everyone enjoy safe burritos -- I even ate one (potato and rice - tummy's a bit fussy but digestive enzymes should help).

http://glutenfreerec...ten-free-wraps/

I doubled the recipe and used larger frying pans / 1/2 cup batter for each instead of the recommended 1/3 cup -- they freeze well so will likely make more next time.

Have no idea what is for dinner -- perhaps Quesodillas with the works :wub:

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8250 Wi11ow

Wi11ow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Burrito sounds great!

I'm making stuffed zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and scooped out. Sauteed green onions and mushrooms in a little olive oil (make your own substitutions). Browned ground turkey all mixed together with avocado. I've also used hummus. Stuff back into hollowed out zucchinis and bake. Maybe 20 minutes - if you bake too long they get mushy.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" ~ George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: