9633 replies to this topic

#8266 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

As we recall, dinner was 4-star and we stayed in a cabin. Have fun!

Thanks! We are staying in a room with doors to the veranda....rooms are discounted fifty percent within the NP System right now....hoping to get a night at the john muir lodge in kings canyon on our way home :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8267 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Last night I made an awesome batch of pulled pork.  Was a 2.5lb pork ribeye roast, put in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce (I use Stubbs), gluten-free soy sauce, and some seasonings, cooked on high for 1.5 hours, then low for 7 hours.  Served over mashed potatoes and baked beans on the side.  Eating that for dinner again today, I may make sandwiches.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8268 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

I am going to cook my first trout tonight. I've never cooked one before but an uncle is an avid fisher and catches far more than they can comfortably eat. So I told him as long as it doesn't have a head on it, we'll take them. (I do NOT do food that looks back at me, it creeps me the hell out.) I hope I still like it, I haven't had trout since I was a teen.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8269 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

The trout was a hit. Yay!!! I can let my husband's uncle know to send more over if he has spares. I've never had to deal with a mostly whole fish before though, so that was a challenge. I suppose practice will make perfect.

Recently my husband said he wants to make a bbq ranch chicken pizza. Something we used to make all the time together. But, I've only bought pizza crusts up til now (from Venice Bakery) and we don't have any at the moment. So I picked up a Chebe mix and we're test driving it tonight as bread sticks with pasta and meatballs. If all goes well, we'll upgrade to our pizza probably in the immediate future.

I also had my first day of PT today. Got my evaluation and a list of home exercises. I'm so glad I got referred to someone who already knows what they need to about my disease. I'm sick of explaining to medical people exactly what is and isn't appropriate, so doing that with a physical therapist would just get incredibly awkward. Thursday she'll put me in the pool, and I'm feeling very hopeful about it all since she seems to know what she's doing with me and CRPS. The longer I can put off my first neck stabbing (stellate ganglion block) the happier I'll be. :)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8270 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Last night we had Hot Pockets/ Not so Sloppy Sloppy Joes. Yum!

Tonight rice, beans, corn, carrots, salsa, taco chicken left overs, cheese.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#8271 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Seriously, it hit 100 yesterday and we opted for cold Costco chicken, cold salad and cold cantaloupe. Tonight it is grilled pork tenderloin and more cold salad and fruit. It is expected to be even HOTTER! Ugh! What happened to "Gray May" (ocean-driven, cloudy-overcast that typically occurs until noon and keeps temperatures moderate)? I sure hope "June Gloom" happens, but this weather has been wacky!

Better brew more ice tea!
Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

#8272 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

I also had my first day of PT today. Got my evaluation and a list of home exercises. I'm so glad I got referred to someone who already knows what they need to about my disease. I'm sick of explaining to medical people exactly what is and isn't appropriate, so doing that with a physical therapist would just get incredibly awkward. Thursday she'll put me in the pool, and I'm feeling very hopeful about it all since she seems to know what she's doing with me and CRPS. The longer I can put off my first neck stabbing (stellate ganglion block) the happier I'll be. :)

ooooh, ok, this is where I get to say "I told ya so" but I won't. LOL

You're going to feel better. I can hoestly say that the PT and MT was what got me out of extreme pain and back in the game. You have to make pain to get out of pain, though, sorry. It's part of the healing process and the retraining of the muscles, getting the nerves to stop misfiring.... just do as you're told, young lady.  ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8273 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Seriously, it hit 100 yesterday and we opted for cold Costco chicken, cold salad and cold cantaloupe. Tonight it is grilled pork tenderloin and more cold salad and fruit. It is expected to be even HOTTER! Ugh! What happened to "Gray May" (ocean-driven, cloudy-overcast that typically occurs until noon and keeps temperatures moderate)? I sure hope "June Gloom" happens, but this weather has been wacky!

Crazy here too. high 80s -low 90s...but not humid, thank goodness. I am sure June-Sept. will be a different story. Stay cool! :)

I've got Karen's FKGadget going...chicken cacciatore. I'll probably serve it over brown rice with some watermelon for dessert.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#8274 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Cold water melon when its really hot is good too.

Crazy here too. high 80s -low 90s...but not humid, thank goodness. I am sure June-Sept. will be a different story. Stay cool! :)

I've got Karen's FKGadget going...chicken cacciatore. I'll probably serve it over brown rice with some watermelon for dessert.

That is too warm for me.

#8275 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Greetings from Sunny San Diego....seems a fire bug or terrorist has figured out a way to tax our emergency services to the breaking point.

Thankfully, the Santa Ana winds that were not predicted to calm for another few days have calmed a bit more than expected -- hopefully giving San Diego County and CalFire crews time to take control of the damage caused by this wackadoodle.

I'm in "BubbleGirl Mode" wet bandanas or N95 mask as needed, ice packs packing my torso while getting the house ready if we have unexpected guests from East County later in the day.

On the good news -- had an incredibly beautiful couple days in Yosemite and King's Canyon with my wonderful hubs -- just sad to drive home to multiple fires visible as we drove into San Diego County.

Dinner will be something simple as I'm not sure how many guests we may have between our family and my kids friends that are close to the evac areas.

10325274_10152400513838057_9054920302674

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#8276 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

That's just plain scary, Ski. Please be careful, sweets. Keep me posted. xxoo

Glad you had a great few days away! 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#8277 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Thanks Irish :)

I'm actually doing really well -- being prepared helps with my silly system as well as in other situations ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8278 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Oh my gosh Lisa.  Please be careful.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8279 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

I'm fine Colleen -- we live near the beach.

This photo is really dramatic...but the important part to remember is

The big equipment has arrived...now the firefighters can get the situation under control :)

I love our Firefighters and all first responders - everywhere!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8280 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

sons of bill - wrote a song called 'santa ana winds'  - it's pretty great (and they are pretty nice fellers, too)  check 'em

tonight is:  skip ;)

last night i made swedish meatballs w/noodles <would have been good with zoodles, tho) and carrots.  i accidently got whole wheat pasta instead of regular for the hubs (most nights i just make all gluten-free pasta, but sometimes i gotta spoil him) anyways, back to the wheat:  he bitched so hard about the whole wheat!  i was like wth!  lololz what is this GAME of LOVE that i CANNOT WIN !!!????   ^_^

still fooling with house painters.  this is how it goes:  i have a list of painters referred from various sources.  i call a painter, and he tells me he is booked through till july.  we paint a little more on the house.  i call the next one on the list.  he tells me an outrageous price and then tells me they can't touch the level of workmanship that my husband has already done (basically, we're going to rob you and do crappy work) i tell them how much money i have to spend.  we paint a little more on the house.  i go buy a ladder stabilizer and five gallons of paint.  i call the next painter on the list.  tells me he'll calll me back between 5-6 pm.  no call.  we paint a little more on the house.  the second painter calls me back.  they now know how much $$ we have to spend and are determined to separate us from it.   they want to come and and do a REALLY crappy job.  we paint a little more on the house..................  

we are nearly finished painting.   <_<

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: