9578 replies to this topic

#8401 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Tonight my pork roast is actually thawed enough to cook. I'll also throw a rub together for mine then throw it in the rotisserie and get some veggies for with it.

Sick or not, life is in hyperdrive this week. First market is this Saturday and I'm nearly ready! Plus my BFF just went part time teaching and they haven't found a replacement for the afternoon class yet so I subbed that half the days this week. (No class Fridays in the summer so I'm not awful at math, it was actually HALF the week. :P) Plus she finally put me to work while I'm at work, correcting papers and fixing the answer keys because they made me crazy. I used to sit and troll the internet or read the whole time other than when students needed me. Working for my money sucks. <_< lol!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8402 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hubs made one of his wonderful stir frys :)

I've been puttering....well cleaning like a mad woman is more like...kids and grands arrive tomorrow for a week before they move to Ohio! Great move and a much better life ahead there for them....thankful Southwest has pretty good fares ;)

Tomorrow doing the full chicken breasts layered with herbs in KFG...easy and ready whenever we need dinner to be served.

Is it Friday yet?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#8403 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I'm making stir fry, too!  Going to try out two of the SanJ sauces instead of the usual making my own from scratch.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8404 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

I really wish my husband would eat a stir fry. <_< Our pork roast was itty bitty, and with only a tiny bit left over to make my lunch tonight I'm making a beef roast. Rotisserie again, because why not! My husband says I'm obsessed, pretty much with his mouth full and while talking about how awesome his dinner is. :lol: Second best kitchen purchase we ever made.

Well... I've been goofing off online for like an hour or so. I should probably get back to work. :ph34r:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8405 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Also, we harvested our first mint last night. I huge bowl full of chocolate mint. It's in the dehydrator now. It may seem like a crime, but my first batch is going into a heating pad for myself and I'm insanely excited. Also thinking of making some brownies or fudge. And we want to make a boatload of chocolate and Moroccan mint extract as Christmas gifts this year.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8406 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

They make these "dump" cakes at Boy Scouts/  They call them cobbler.  They are also good with a can of pie fillings - apple (with spice cake) , peach, blueberry, cherry - with chocolate cake mix.  They cook them in a dutch oven in the fire (coals on top of lid).

and, nowwww...........BACK TO CAKE!!!  hey, ms. k, i has cherry pie filling and a bc chocolate cake - are you saying all i need to do is dump the pie filling in and sprinkle cake mix and then melted butter, bake, viola!  ??

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#8407 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

and, nowwww...........BACK TO CAKE!!!  hey, ms. k, i has cherry pie filling and a bc chocolate cake - are you saying all i need to do is dump the pie filling in and sprinkle cake mix and then melted butter, bake, viola!  ??

L here, not K....but yep it is that simple....viola :D

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#8408 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

L here, not K....but yep it is that simple....viola :D

That's crazy! It sounds deceptively easy for something that also sounds awesomely delicious.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8409 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I stopped by my fav gluten-free balery after an appointment today, mmmm chocolate cupcake!  

No idea what I am going to make for dinner, forgot to thaw something out.  I guess hot dogs it is!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#8410 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

That's crazy! It sounds deceptively easy for something that also sounds awesomely delicious.

ok, i think next time i make this, i will use a smaller pan lolz because 9x13 is too big  ^_^  so, it's oooogly (looks like the chocolate surface of mars) but it tastes like a chocolate cookie covered cherry <i only ate a little because the cherries had red dye 40 in it and i can't remember if it is my friend or not.  i am definitely eating the rest  :P so i can try again (with a 8x8 pan ha ha probably be too small)  it's too insanely easy to not try again - thank you, ladiesss!!  :)  

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#8411 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

ok, i think next time i make this, i will use a smaller pan lolz because 9x13 is too big  ^_^  so, it's oooogly (looks like the chocolate surface of mars) but it tastes like a chocolate cookie covered cherry <i only ate a little because the cherries had red dye 40 in it and i can't remember if it is my friend or not.  i am definitely eating the rest  :P so i can try again (with a 8x8 pan ha ha probably be too small)  it's too insanely easy to not try again - thank you, ladiesss!!  :)

It's a casserole or crockpot thing.

Tonight we are having oven chicken spinach risotto! Yummy! Love a one dish dinner!

Not in the KFG but in my favorite red enamel coverded iron pan. My hub calls it a fancy Dutch oven. The unfancy one is cast iron and it's what we make the " cobbler" in the fire. Or Gumbo.... Or green chile casserole... Or green chile, egg, casserole.... Hmmmm! Maybe gumbo tomorrow. All official Boy Scout Recipes

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#8412 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

Yesterday sucked...pain wise...thankfully the kids arrival got delayed so tonight we will have KFG Rosemary Chicken, Smashed Potatoes/Sweet Potato and Broccoli with cheesy sauce. Something yummy for dessert, thinking the Lemon "brownies" sound easy....I am all about the 'easy button' today.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :3

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8413 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Yesterday sucked...pain wise...thankfully the kids arrival got delayed so tonight we will have KFG Rosemary Chicken, Smashed Potatoes/Sweet Potato and Broccoli with cheesy sauce. Something yummy for dessert, thinking the Lemon "brownies" sound easy....I am all about the 'easy button' today.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :3

hope you feel better - enjoy those kiddos!

i think i may hit the easy button, myself.  macaroni & cheeze w/stewed tomatoes - comfort food.  might go trailer truckin' to tuscaloosa tonight  :)  with That Guy ;)

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

#8414 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

trailer truckin' to tuscaloosa tonight   :)  

now, that's just a country song awaitin to be written ;)  have fun!

'scuse me while I go lay back down (stoopit people who give you viruses at the gym....)  :huh:

....can't eat...waaa.....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8415 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

now, that's just a country song awaitin to be written ;)  have fun!

'scuse me while I go lay back down (stoopit people who give you viruses at the gym....)  :huh:

....can't eat...waaa.....

omg why can't sick people just stay home and keep their germs to themselves! Hope everybody feels better fast.

Tonight is leftovers. I'll eat early and do my nails. Hubs can come home and get his own leftovers. Just got in from PT and picking up some things to finish the last pads. Back to work!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: